... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I had planned to do some more work with my porch ceiling but it's cold and windy. I took the chance to chisel out a couple of sections of perished mortar and get them packed with nice fresh cement. Even doing that wasn't much fun - the wind made it hard to mix up cement and the cold meant that handling just about anything was unpleasant. I'm going to get a walk in this afternoon but aside from that I think it's a day to stay indoors.

I've got another hole to drill through the wall to power a new outside light. There was a light there before but the way it was mounted was hideous - some genius decided to thread a cable through the cavity inside the hollow concrete blocks, and there were holes on both the inside and outside of the wall. I filled the whole lot in, took the cable out, and plan to put a new light fitting in place with a nice new cable. So having filled a bunch of holes that weren't where I needed them to be I get to drill another hole. I'll also run a cable out there so that a ceiling fan could be fitted in the future, should we ever decide to do that.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Really busy day preparing for tomorrow's feast!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hard workout today. I really didn't feel like it but decided to go out anyway and see what happened. This time the speed repeats were increased from 8 to 10 and they were hard. But I got the whole workout done and just about managed to stay within the speed targets, even on the last of the repeats. I'm not sure what I'll do about the next workout - goal repeats - because we've got some days coming that are supposed to be cold and windy. Running into a strong headwind isn't a lot of fun.

Then my wife and I went to have some lunch at a diner she discovered recently, which was very tasty. Then we picked up some doodads from the hardware store and finally stopped for a swift beer at our favorite brewpub.

All in all a good day. I just hope my legs work in the morning - we are planning a walk in the woods together.

Hezekiah

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes
Just hot back from our Thanksgiving Service at Hope Lutheran Church ( LCMS). The Sacrament of the Lord's Supper was an unexpected but very welcome bonus to hearing the Word proclaimed.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Walk in the woods with my wife. It was a leisurely walk - she doesn't attack hills at the same kind of pace as I've grown used to - but an enjoyable walk. We took in a nice vista. Now I'm just wrapping up a few things while dinner is cooking.

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Rainy day. Had some coffee, walked dog, ate a bowl of cereal, had some more coffee, went to two grocery stores, ate lunch, had more coffee, walked dog again, more coffee, filled three barrels with leaves, tore our 1990 dryer apart and hopefully repaired the clunking noise, more coffee, walked the dog some more, now dinner is almost ready. I have a lot on my list for the rest of the extended weekend.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Spending time with my daughter before she leaves later today.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's cold and very windy today - 35mph gusts - so my scheduled workout isn't happening until hopefully tomorrow. We stopped by our favorite brewpub to pick up some discounted beers. A couple of good friends of ours also really like the place so we split a case with them and shared the discount :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We were going to go hiking today but the temps dropped suddenly before we left to go to the park. I've been busy inside the house though and almost got my 10,000 steps!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got a shorter walk than normal, in the dark and a gentle snow flurry. I carry a bright light with me so the few cars that pass can clearly see me. Although it was a shorter walk I still managed to get 10,000 steps in today, even if only just.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's Small Business Saturday so we're heading out to see what we can do to help local businesses.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
went hiking around the trail near the lake for almost an hour today. It has been a very nice day outside

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Watching Christmas shows...we put up the tree today!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Woke up to a dusting of snow, and figured I wasn't going to get my workout in today. But this afternoon it warmed up so I went out to see what would happen. And it turned out to be warm enough to complete it. Today was a "magic mile" and goal pace repeats. The mile was hard, the idea is to try and do it a bit faster than the last time. I did it faster than last time, and set a new personal best in the process.

Now I'm sitting in front of the TV with a cold beer.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We ran out of some groceries so I'm going out to shop this morning. I need to decorate the stair railing for Christmas when I get home.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Time for the car to have its service and annual inspection. All good this year but I have a nasty feeling that next year I'm going to need four new tires and at least two new brake pads. That's on top of a major service. I might have to start auctioning body parts now....

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Had another round of hill repeats yesterday. I wish I could adjust the workouts in this schedule because there are only six repeats and I'm finding them too easy. It would be good to use a steeper hill but the only hills around here that are steeper have the chance of traffic (including dump trucks) coming over the hill too fast and don't have sidewalks. So I just continue to sprint the hill for the short duration of the repeats.

Today I got the permanent light fittings in place on my porch. I lost a couple of screws so got to visit the hardware store for another round of "guess the size and thread pitch of this screw". I thought it was a #8/36tpi but it turned out to be a metric M4x0.7 which is almost identical. I have a thread pitch gauge that said it was 36tpi but a thread pitch of 0.7mm works out at 36.286tpi so it was pretty close. What matters is that the screws I was able to buy do what I need them to do. So now I have nice permanent light fittings in place and the temporary bulb holders are now in my spares box.

Next up was breaking up a nasty floor unit in the basement. It really wasn't very nice, to the point I decided to get rid of it rather than trying to use it. So now that's in pieces and I just need to cut it up into smaller pieces so I can get it outside more easily. My friend will most likely be very happy to take it away and use it as fuel in his workshop. There are a few pieces that look like they might be wood I can use but most of it is plywood that's not in great condition.

Now it's stopped snowing I may go out for a walk to get some air and exercise

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Working on a Family Recipe cookbook using Google Slides. I'm taking pictures of my mom's handwritten recipe cards and putting them in there. I only have a few of my mother-in-law's so those are going in too.

Top Bottom