Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I suggest we don't know who the nephalim were.
We know angels are spirits, not physical beings. They can manifest as humans, but are not human in form. They do not marry. Their number is fixed.

Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Whatever the nephalim were, they are not angels.
The Bible gives no indication that there are aliens who can procreate with humans. Thus, all people can do is speculate about what the nephalim were.
But, I would still not advocate for aborting nephalim babies...[emoji64]
God obviously didn't have intercourse with Mary, maybe angels could have came unto to the women as God came unto Mary...
His Seed VS Her Seed, no matter how many Nephilim were created God just needed one Son of her Seed to save Gods people which is one of the points Michael makes in his video.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
God obviously didn't have intercourse with Mary, maybe angels could have came unto to the women as God came unto Mary...
His Seed VS Her Seed, no matter how many Nephilim were created God just needed one Son of her Seed to save Gods people which is one of the points Michael makes in his video.
I don't buy it. That's making angels equal with God. ...shudder...

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I don't buy it. That's making angels equal with God. ...shudder...
God created them and created us in his image... They were not to rebel, Lucifer did however and he took many with him, that old devil the serpent himself intervened with Gods creation (Adam and Eve), his followers likewise infiltrated mankind by marrying the daughters of men and bearing offspring with them...
How is that far fetched?
Why is the first commandment "thy shalt worship no other gods before me" instead of "thy shalt worship me the only God"?
The point again is that no matter how hard the rebellious angels imitate God, God is Sovereign over all creation and will save his kind.
So when you say that they would compare as equal to God -I raise you one, could a fallen angel produce Jesus as an offspring? lol so no don't you worry your pretty little head that it would make "angels equal to God"...
Remember, Satan wants us to go down with him with the promise that "ye shall be like God", I'm sure he still believes that, but he will always be lesser than God and his time is running out.
I'm now convinced that they had produced corrupt offspring but are banished along with Satan in the pit, until the times arrives that they should be loosed for a short season and then done away with once and for all...
Would you agree Menno?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
God created them and created us in his image... They were not to rebel, Lucifer did however and he took many with him, that old devil the serpent himself intervened with Gods creation (Adam and Eve), his followers likewise infiltrated mankind by marrying the daughters of men and bearing offspring with them...
How is that far fetched?
Why is the first commandment "thy shalt worship no other gods before me" instead of "thy shalt worship me the only God"?
The point again is that no matter how hard the rebellious angels imitate God, God is Sovereign over all creation and will save his kind.
So when you say that they would compare as equal to God -I raise you one, could a fallen angel produce Jesus as an offspring? lol so no don't you worry your pretty little head that it would make "angels equal to God"...
Remember, Satan wants us to go down with him with the promise that "ye shall be like God", I'm sure he still believes that, but he will always be lesser than God and his time is running out.
I'm now convinced that they had produced corrupt offspring but are banished along with Satan in the pit, until the times arrives that they should be loosed for a short season and then done away with once and for all...
Would you agree Menno?
No, I wouldn't agree.
To stick with the topic... don't abort babies...even nephalim babies.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I mean except Nephilim, kill it with fire

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
How is that far fetched?
Would you agree Menno?

Amen. You're seeing it brother!
Oh, man... we'll have to discuss this more when I have time. Oh, yes, the Nephilim were here before and after the Flood, and they are among us today. This can be proven from the Scripture. ;)

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Please start a thread and show us scripture.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Which of Noah’s Son in Laws was a Nephilim.

None.

When we remember that Scripture says there were Nephilim in the land of Canaan when the Israelites came up and were afraid to go in, then what we read in Genesis 6:4 becomes unquestionably clear.
In Genesis 6, we see the prophecy that after the Flood, once again there would be Nephilim on the earth -
"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."

The first ones were indeed destroyed in the Flood. But in fulfillment of God's Word, we find them again hundreds of years later, causing trouble once again -

“The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. 33 There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.” - Numbers 13:32-33

So this ends the debate.

And the Truth is... they are among us today.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
None.

When we remember that Scripture says there were Nephilim in the land of Canaan when the Israelites came up and were afraid to go in, then what we read in Genesis 6:4 becomes unquestionably clear.
In Genesis 6, we see the prophecy that after the Flood, once again there would be Nephilim on the earth -
"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."

The first ones were indeed destroyed in the Flood. But in fulfillment of God's Word, we find them again hundreds of years later, causing trouble once again -

“The land through which we have gone, in spying it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great size. 33 There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.” - Numbers 13:32-33

So this ends the debate.

And the Truth is... they are among us today.
So this wasn't just a one time event? They also prowed on Noahs descendants even after the flood? Well then these but the legions of demons that would rather die as swine than to answer to Jesus... There time is coming. i believe 100 percent that Demons do exist, my grandparents had to deal with them for decades, they arent human but they are violent... Good old Catholic prayer kept them at bay :) finally they had the house blessed by a bishop and they never returned again accept on my grandpas death bed where he once again prayed it away...

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
There is no way that any babies born these days are "nephilim". But there is nothing conclusive showing there were angelic beings procreating with women before the global flood, or since then. Sons of god mentioned in writing in the passages near to where nephilim are mentioned, before the flood, are likely to have been such men who had been living a godly life for a while, but they all were apostacizing, and no godly people were left, which is why humanity then (not angelic beings), were then going to be under coming judgment.

NerdGirl123

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Yes
This is a moral question as well as a legal one and it has theological roots as well as civil liberties roots so do not be hasty in answering the question.

The holy scriptures teach that taking a human life by murder is a sin. One of the commandments given by God is you shall not kill - some prefer to translate that as you shall do no murder. There is a passage about men fighting and a woman being hit and loosing an unborn infant as a result but what that means is hotly disputed. So the decision - if made on the basis of what holy scripture says - will need to be based on general principles rather than on specific and precise legal direction from God.

My own view is Catholic, I oppose the use of abortion as a means of pregnancy control and as a means of dealing with undesirable and unwanted pregnancies.

Of course it should be illegal. It's the taking of a human life. It's murder. An unborn child (even if you want to dehumanize it by calling it a zygote, embryo, or fetus) is not "part of the mother's body". If it were, it would not be able to grow and separate from her and survive. It has its own unique DNA and genetic makeup, its own gender, its own blood type, its own brain waves, its own fingerprints, its own heartbeat. All separate from its mother's. It's not her body. It's the growing body of another completely separate and unique person, with a right to be born and to live. Abortion is wrong both morally, and legally.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
I believe that abortion should be legal, it should be safe, it should be available and it should be the woman’s informed choice but most important of all --- it should be rare. In conclusion, we should always keep in mind that there are no more powerful abortifacients in the world than poverty and ignorance.

NerdGirl123

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Yes
I believe that abortion should be legal, it should be safe, it should be available and it should be the woman’s informed choice but most important of all --- it should be rare. In conclusion, we should always keep in mind that there are no more powerful abortifacients in the world than poverty and ignorance.

As long as there is profit to be made, it will NEVER be "rare". I'd encourage anyone who'd like a closer look at the abortion industry (and yes, it is an industry) to read "Unplanned" by Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood director who was once pro-choice.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I agree that it should be rare as well.

Reactions: JRT

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

The baby never gets a choice.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Is a fetus capable of making a choice?

Nope. Therefore, the whole "choice" argument is silly, isn't it?

Funny.... this whole "pro-choice" silliness was invented by pro-slave advocates in the USA to argue each WHITE RICH MAN has the choice .... but the one impacted by this, well.... that Black man, woman or child has NONE. It's like saying, "the rapist has the choice, not the woman." It's not only silly, it's disgusting. It's nothing more than "the one with power can lord it over the one with less." IF this "choice" to murder argument is made at all, it must be made by the one who would be murdered.

And the whole "it should be RARE" argument is equally absurd. Why not say "rape should be RARE so the government will do all it can to defend, support and promote it - and make sure every rapist is paid to do it." If you want to make rape rare, begin by not supporting, defending, paying for it and making such a BIG, BIG DEAL that it's legal - always, for any or no reason, no matter what.

Last edited:
Top Bottom