NASA and Facebook tricked you

FredVB

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
First, you should notice one thing. Once a month (that is, once a lunar month) during a half moon, there is no curve. The dark portion of the moon is marked by a straight line.

Now as for shadows:

The object which casts a shadow must by definition be blocking, to a greater or lesser degree, the light that would otherwise illuminate the shadowed object. The earth is not translucent, anything that is shadowed by it should be dark, as in the heliocentric model there is only 1 light source to give light on the earth - the sun. The stars give light but only enough to be seen, not to illuminate earth.

Have you ever looked at a half or quarter moon during the day? How is it you can see blue sky in the section that is said to be shadowed by the earth?

I notice elsewhere on this forum you have stated you believe in the whole bible. I get a lot of flack (in general on the net) for not believing Saul/Paul, or for only holding to two gospels (Matthew and John), but many of those who claim to believe the bible show through their statements that on various points, that is a pretense. I'm not saying you are, but this brings me to the following question:

Genesis, 1st chapter:
On the 4th day, how many great lights did God make? 1 or 2?
If the moon is merely a reflector, then God only made 1.

Most flat earthers believe the moon has it's own light. This idea is expressed in various places in the bible also.

This makes you sound like you confuse phases of the moon with lunar eclipses, these things are entirely different. Phases of the moon show from which direction the sun is shining on the moon. The unlit portion is on the side away from the sun. A ball and a lamp for the only light in the room will show how that works. A lunar eclipse occurs with the earth's shadow sweeping across the lit side of the moon where it is in the position for being a full moon from our perspective. That can happen at most twice a year. The blue light of the sky is from scattered sunlight, the blue light is showing from all general directions in the sky. What is darker is not seen through the blue sky. What is brighter can be, such as the portion of the moon still lit.

Being the second great light does not in anyway imply that it cannot be reflective for being that light.

You don't believe the Bible? If you pick just some parts of the Bible to believe, you are not believing the word of God. There is no good basis to dismiss any of the apostles.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
This makes you sound like you confuse phases of the moon with lunar eclipses, these things are entirely different. Phases of the moon show from which direction the sun is shining on the moon. The unlit portion is on the side away from the sun. ...(snip)

Thanks for the Free-masonic grade school reminder I learned in my government school. Earth orbits Sun, Sun lights Moon.
Being the second great light does not in anyway imply that it cannot be reflective for being that light.

You don't believe the Bible? If you pick just some parts of the Bible to believe, you are not believing the word of God. There is no good basis to dismiss any of the apostles.

I always have to chuckle when someone says something like you just said about "not believing the whole bible". Clearly it shows they haven't read much of it because if they had, they would know that it clearly says the moon gives it's own light. That's sort of a big contradiction to "the moon is just a reflector of the sun" theory. :)

Top Bottom