... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Islam is not the beast. Catholics can change. The powers that be will be the two headed beast. This could be whoever is behind the curtain who pulls the strings in the rcc and hardcore atheists. It could be the capitalistic powers that manipulate society along with the ancient rcc. It could be ancient pagans. These days pagans seem to think their religion came about in the sixties when in reality they were present and in bed with the ancient Roman Catholic church at the time of Christ's crucifixion. The Catholic church may not have been made at that time, but it was intentionally made to keep people from the truth and lead them astray. Ancient Roman Catholic church is also said to be partly responsible for Islam. It also was the only religion allowed practice in Nazi Germany, and hid criminals of war and kept a wrap on many atrocities. On thing is obvious; the beast will not be made up of any whom are faithful to God. There are a few possibilities. There is no point in worrying about it now though. We will be shown who the beast is when the time comes. This time is when the wholly peaceful and faithful under God will be called to avenge the crucifixion of Jesus of Nazareth along with all the others who have been wrongly murdered for their Faith.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Honestly, I don't think it's any of those things. If it comes from outside the church it will be too easy to spot.

I agree there's no point obsessing about it - part of the reason I suspect it won't be Islam is that it's too obvious. I strongly suspect that while so many within the more conservative sections of the church are watching Islam like a hawk something else will rise while they aren't looking.

I'm not sure what you're saying about avenging Christ's crucifixion. I don't see that in my Bible anywhere. Jesus himself prayed "Father, forgive them".

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, I don't think it's any of those things. If it comes from outside the church it will be too easy to spot.

I agree there's no point obsessing about it - part of the reason I suspect it won't be Islam is that it's too obvious. I strongly suspect that while so many within the more conservative sections of the church are watching Islam like a hawk something else will rise while they aren't looking.

I'm not sure what you're saying about avenging Christ's crucifixion. I don't see that in my Bible anywhere. Jesus himself prayed "Father, forgive them".
I've only seen it once that I recall and it may have been in the book of Enoch. We are supposed to be forgiving, caring, and giving. But there will be a war. It is spoken of a few times in the bible. Once the trumpet is blown and the enemy of God is revealed there will be no saving of their souls and we will have to fight. I believe that the sword of God is that of peace until that time comes.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We will not have to fight. That's not canon and not trustworthy for believing.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've only seen it once that I recall and it may have been in the book of Enoch. We are supposed to be forgiving, caring, and giving. But there will be a war. It is spoken of a few times in the bible. Once the trumpet is blown and the enemy of God is revealed there will be no saving of their souls and we will have to fight. I believe that the sword of God is that of peace until that time comes.

That sounds like the kind of theological toxic waste spouted by people like Rick Joyner, if I'm brutally honest.

The war I see at the end is in Revelation:

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto (the beast) to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

If, as you say, the trumpet sounds and the enemy of God then has no further hope of salvation, what is the purpose of fighting? If we can't save their souls why go into a worldly battle if we can't make any difference?

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That sounds like the kind of theological toxic waste spouted by people like Rick Joyner, if I'm brutally honest.

The war I see at the end is in Revelation:

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto (the beast) to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

If, as you say, the trumpet sounds and the enemy of God then has no further hope of salvation, what is the purpose of fighting? If we can't save their souls why go into a worldly battle if we can't make any difference?
Either your gonna become one of them, or your gonna have to fight them in some way. They will most likely look to kill you if you don't conform. So you would just be killed without even fighting? Kinda understand that; peace is a big part of the Bible. In the end there will be fighting. Perhaps we will be able to influence with words by the will of God still. I do think the sword of God is the word of God, and the tongue of the truly righteous. I don't know who that was you mentioned but they must be pretty bad based on the way you spoke and compared me to them.

Peace

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Either your gonna become one of them, or your gonna have to fight them in some way. They will most likely look to kill you if you don't conform. So you would just be killed without even fighting? Kinda understand that; peace is a big part of the Bible. In the end there will be fighting. Perhaps we will be able to influence with words by the will of God still. I do think the sword of God is the word of God, and the tongue of the truly righteous. I don't know who that was you mentioned but they must be pretty bad based on the way you spoke and compared me to them.

Peace

What's the point of fighting a fight that we cannot win?

If people are beyond salvation we cannot influence them with God's word, and fighting them with physical weapons is pointless.

We know the beast will look to kill Christians. Revelation is pretty clear on that. It's also clear that the beast will wage war against the saints and overcome them. What's the point of fighting people with physical weapons - if they are beyond salvation then it makes no difference either way and if they are not beyond salvation how does it help anyone to slay people who will then die unforgiven?

I don't have a very high opinion of the likes of Rick Joyner. Some hail him as a prophet but from what I've seen of his teaching I'd steer well clear.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What's the point of fighting a fight that we cannot win?

If people are beyond salvation we cannot influence them with God's word, and fighting them with physical weapons is pointless.

We know the beast will look to kill Christians. Revelation is pretty clear on that. It's also clear that the beast will wage war against the saints and overcome them. What's the point of fighting people with physical weapons - if they are beyond salvation then it makes no difference either way and if they are not beyond salvation how does it help anyone to slay people who will then die unforgiven?

I don't have a very high opinion of the likes of Rick Joyner. Some hail him as a prophet but from what I've seen of his teaching I'd steer well clear.
I guess I need to read Revelations again.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Been exponentially busy lately. Finally read revelation again. No where does it say that the rightly guided under God will be overtaken by satan or sin or anything along those lines. It does speak of fighting with the sword of God which is the tongue of those saved by Christ.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Been exponentially busy lately. Finally read revelation again. No where does it say that the rightly guided under God will be overtaken by satan or sin or anything along those lines. It does speak of fighting with the sword of God which is the tongue of those saved by Christ.

Rev 13:6-7 NKJV Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. (7) It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.

Rev 13:14-15 NKJV And he deceives those who dwell on the earth—by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. (15) He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

(emphasis is mine)

Where are you seeing fighting with the sword of God?

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rev13:8

Oh yeah death isn't being overcome by anything. It is a show of Faith. There will be some that will not succumb to the beast. Does that mean being killed? Most likely.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When the time comes, if I am called to fight physicaly then I will. Until that time I will fight with the word. We may not be called on to fight physicaly at all.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Rev13:8

Oh yeah death isn't being overcome by anything. It is a show of Faith. There will be some that will not succumb to the beast. Does that mean being killed? Most likely.

The beast will wage war, everyone whose name is not in the Book of Life will worship the beast, those who don't worship the beast will be killed. What's not clear? What purpose is there in fighting a physical battle with the agents of the beast? If we're going to die anyway does it help anybody if we take a few of "them" with us? Maybe our job is to love them - even as Jesus hung on the cross he said "Father forgive them". How can we claim to be following in his footsteps if we go down fighting hard trying to cause as much destruction as we can before we succumb?

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The beast will wage war, everyone whose name is not in the Book of Life will worship the beast, those who don't worship the beast will be killed. What's not clear? What purpose is there in fighting a physical battle with the agents of the beast? If we're going to die anyway does it help anybody if we take a few of "them" with us? Maybe our job is to love them - even as Jesus hung on the cross he said "Father forgive them". How can we claim to be following in his footsteps if we go down fighting hard trying to cause as much destruction as we can before we succumb?
Wow, still dragging it out.

I agree in a way, which I stated like a week or two ago, and again yesterday or the day before. It speaks of a war. We are to love all at this time. We are to fight with the word of God. And the word of God is to Iove every man, so what you say is possible.

Third time.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wow, still dragging it out.

I agree in a way, which I stated like a week or two ago, and again yesterday or the day before. It speaks of a war. We are to love all at this time. We are to fight with the word of God. And the word of God is to Iove every man, so what you say is possible.

Third time.

I'm not entirely sure whether you're still saying we will have to wage a physical war or not. Some of your posts aren't entirely clear to me. I'm not sure whether that's because you're being vague or I'm being slow.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We all know Satan will do anything to attempt to bring down God and Christians. One way I've heard is through his version of evil Spiritual Gifts. Do these exist?

I would more than likely think so as the argument of good and bad can be thrown it, and say that his gifts are a mockery of the Spiritual Gifts of God.

the most devious evil spiritual gift is the gift of teachings that tickle the ears ,,that say it doesn't mater if you keep falling in sin.. god is gracious .ask his forgiveness.
yet nowhere throughout the entire Bible is forgiveness given with out repentance .. to repent does not mean to say im sorry please forgive me .. it means to say im a helpless sinner please save me so i don't do it any more ever ... because a person saved from captivity does not continue to live in captivity ... if they do then they are not saved from it but deceive themselves .. a person freed from captivity goes out of captivity and no longer abides in it .

Top Bottom