Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The news is reporting that the White House is open to whatever agreement comes from Congress to avoid another shutdown next weekend. I think all politicians are afraid of a shutdown (if not, they should be) because their voters are not happy with the length of the first one and how it affected them. I think Congress should not have received paychecks during the shutdown. It didn't seem fair. Trump donates his paycheck and by law he has to receive one during a shutdown.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The news is reporting that the White House is open to whatever agreement comes from Congress to avoid another shutdown next weekend. I think all politicians are afraid of a shutdown (if not, they should be) because their voters are not happy with the length of the first one and how it affected them. I think Congress should not have received paychecks during the shutdown. It didn't seem fair. Trump donates his paycheck and by law he has to receive one during a shutdown.

Here's what I suspect....

The Democrats are FORCING Trumps' hand..... they desperately want him to build his wall by executive order (or whatever it is called) so that they can blast him for it; they think it can be a winning point for them. IMO, it's not about that wall at all but finding a point on which to rally disapproval of Trump.

This, Nancy on the one hand saying Trump has to compromise and negotiate ... and on the other shouting 'NOT ONE CENT!!! NOT ONE CENT!!! NOT ONE CENT!!!!" so that there is no possibility of negotiating and compromising. She can quote how much she wanted to compromise..... when it reality she made it impossible.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sort of like Trump saying my way or the highway, same thing

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I don't think it is fair to use stopping other people's paychecks as leverage for bargaining regardless of what the reason is. It is unethical to do so.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't think it is fair to use stopping other people's paychecks as leverage for bargaining regardless of what the reason is. It is unethical to do so.

Both sides do that though.

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
So the answer is to appease the bully rather than make him retract it?

He is simply keeping his campaign promise - The ones who lost are the ones doing the unreasonable bullying...

I believe that he should be brought up on charges

Bringing him up on charges is bullying -

You are accusing him of what you yourself are doing...

and I think as this goes on that will become a much more popular idea

I don't think America is ready for your "popularity" mob rule yet...

Would you mourn his assassination?

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Hang on, let me get this straight. The Democrats make it clear they aren't budging at all and it's all Trump's fault? What charges do you think he should face for holding on for something? Should Nancy Pelosi face the same charges for holding on for something, or is it only Republicans who get blamed for stuff?

Criminalizing political opposition is a Democratic Ideal...

It is the ideal of every dictator thug...

They did it with the IRS and the FBI for starters...

And it is done with every petty little bureaucratic operative throughout the administrative state...

And they will tell you they do it...

They have a great smug...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Sort of like Trump saying my way or the highway, same thing

It was one leg of the campaign promises he made that he is keeping...

Obama promised transparency...

"You have to pass the Bill before you can find out what is in it..." replied Pelosi...

Then "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor..."

Bullying and power is the Democrat mantra...

And accusing others of it is their foil...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
The plan is to start building with $5 B and accomplish as much as possible. The Democrats previously approved of five times that much, but that was before opposing Trump at all times and in all ways became the overriding objective.

where did you get the notion that the plan of the president was to erect a wall and then disband the border patrol and count on the wall, fence, or whatever to do the job completely on its own? I think this is worth asking since the president has repeatedly said the opposite.

...and you think that in the absence of any of those restraints, the cows or floods, or whatever will move in the exactly the same way as if they were in place. And also that it is just as easy to escape an enclosure by tunneling as is moving across a field that has no barriers at all.

How interesting.

Trump Derangement Syndrome...

Arsenios

Arsenios

Religious Affiliation
Eastern Orthodox
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

It is unethical to oppose what is good for the US out of hatred for Trump...

The ones opposing have previously supported the same thing they are opposing...

Trump is the issue for this kind of opposition...

He is the power point for which sake (of gaining power) the opposition will sell out America...

They liked the power they thought they were going to continue to have...

Arsenios

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think Congress should not have received paychecks during the shutdown. It didn't seem fair. Trump donates his paycheck and by law he has to receive one during a shutdown.
Good point. To anyone who is naïve enough to say that stopping the paychecks for employees who are not working is unethical, we might ask how ethical it is to make the American taxpayers (who ARE working) pay those federal employees to go on vacation.

Top Bottom