Who is "him that justifieth the ungodly"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
daniel

And a reminder that God will not justify the ungodly because He cannot lie

But God does Justify the ungodly Rom 4:5

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

He doesnt Justify them as ungodly because of their ungodliness, but because Christ died for them, and has removed their ungodliness away from the Law and Justice of God, and because they have imputed righteousness as their covering.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Who Justifieth the Ungodly

Rom 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Rom 5:6

For when we [The elect] were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

These verses tells us something about the elect ! First that by nature we are ungodly, children of wrath as others Eph 2:3

3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Amen being children of wrath by nature as others is just another way of saying, that we were ungodly.

But one of the Great Gospel doctrines is described in Rom 4:5 is that God justifieth the ungodly.

Now , get this, The elect are Justified before God. by the obedience and righteousness of Jesus Christ [Rom 5: 18-19] while we are dead in

trespasses and sins, while we are by nature children of wrath even as others, and while by lifestyle, ungodly. While we the elect are in this very sinful condition, that we are Justified by Jesus Christ blood and clothed in His imputed righteousness, even though we dont know it at the Time, but God knows it , because He is the one who did it.

Rom 8:33-34

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

You see, most false teachers today think that Rom 8 :33 applies to post conversion, but it also applies to pre conversion, for God Justifieth the ungodly, before they are converted..

Thats why its of grace Titus 3:7

That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Its by grace because of the sinful condition we are in by nature when we are Justified before God.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Justification by Faith

Justification by Faith is in two senses, First and foremost Its Justification by the Faith / Faithfulness of Jesus Christ. For its by this Faith alone how The elect obtain Justification before God, by the Blood and obedience of Jesus Christ, for all whom He died in their place and stead..

Rom 5:9,18-19

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Note, being Now Justified by His blood, not our Faith + His blood, that's a false Gospel, but by His blood..to whom is this True of ? Not only the roman believers, but to all the election of grace of all time..Thats who Justified by His blood..

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men[of all time] to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men [of all time] unto justification of life.

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Again no mention of our Faith as a securing means of Justification unto Life or being made righteous, but solely the obedience and righteousness of One Jesus Christ..

This constitutes the Faith / faithfulness of Jesus Christ. Therefore its written The Faith of Jesus Christ:

Gal 2:16,20

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

In Faithfulness Jesus Christ Loved the elect and gave himself for them.

Then in a secondary sense and premised on the First and foremost, the elect sinner is Justified consciously, by the regenerating work of the Holy Ghost, because of their previous justification by the work of Christ, they now have that revealed to them by God the Holy Ghost through the Gospel. But be careful not to confuse the receiving experientially the status of Justification before God [by the work of Christ] with the experiential aspect of conscience Justification by the work of the Holy Ghost upon and in the already Justified before God sinner.. 1 Cor 6:11

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Now, though the work of the Holy Ghost is extremely Important and needed for the enjoyment of the work of Christ in the elects behalf, His blessed work should never be on the same level or above the Justifying work of the Son of God upon the cross. to do so leads to heresy and anti Christ teaching.

For it was not the Work of the Holy Ghost to die in the place of elect sinners for 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

This scripture teaches Christ died for our [the elect] sins, but not a word about the Holy Ghost dying for the sins of the elect.

Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him [Jesus Christ] the iniquity of us all.

Here, the iniquities of the elect were laid upon him [Jesus Christ] and not the Holy Ghost..

Rom 5: 9 declares Having been Justified [declared righteous] by the blood of Jesus Christ, but not a word about being Justified by the work of the Holy Ghost blood..

Finally Jesus states that the Holy Ghost will not speak of Himself [ draw attention to Himself] but should Glorify Him..Jn 16:13-14

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine [My accomplishment], and shall shew it unto you.

He shall receive of the finished accomplished Justification of Gods elect through Jesus Christ and on their behalf, and shew [ reveal] it to them..

To confuse or mix the Two types of Justification, Legal and experiential[conscious] is fatal. And will not go unpunished. And only those not taught by our Covenant God is at peril.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Rom 5:1

Being Justified by Faith !

What does this mean ? For many deceivers are out in the world and have so misapplied this verse to make it say something that it really does not say or mean, and that is that one is saved or Justified before God because of their Faith, meaning their act of believing, that their act of believing is the causative reason of their Justification before God ! Let me say without hesitation that this teaching is false in that its against the True basis of Justification, and that namely is the Lord Jesus Christ. Against His accomplishment on the cross Its the blood of Jesus Christ and the grace of God that Justifies sinners, and i will prove this from scriptures. Also keep in mind, that Faith is a noun not a verb as in something we do, but its a substance.

Rom 5:1

1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Let me start off by saying, what Paul does not mean here, and that is, Paul is not teaching that one is Justified [before God] by or because of their act of Faith, since #1, Faith is a noun in this verse..and if we use the verb believing, then we are saying that God Justified because of something I did, which was believe..Thats works..

And even more so, Paul cannot contradict his own teaching in other portions of Gods word as to the True source of Justification before God! First of all Paul teaches that the elect are Justified by the blood of Jesus Christ Rom 5:9a

9Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Paul clearly teaches that Justification is by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Paul clearly teaches that Justification is by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Lutherans call that Objective Justification. Have you heard of that term before?

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Lutherans call that Objective Justification. Have you heard of that term before?
I heard of it. I would prefer to call it legal Justification, since Christs Blood puts away the sins of them He died for, legally even before they are given Faith to be persuaded.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I heard of it. I would prefer to call it legal Justification, since Christs Blood puts away the sins of them He died for, legally even before they are given Faith to be persuaded.

Well, justification is already a legal term. But that's a description of objective justification, that Christ justified us at the cross. We receive faith (by grace through faith) in order to benefit that justification and that's called subjective justification.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Well, justification is already a legal term. But that's a description of objective justification, that Christ justified us at the cross. We receive faith (by grace through faith) in order to benefit that justification and that's called subjective justification.
Those Christ died for do benefit by legal Justification, they are legally righteous before Gods Law and Justice, even before they are given faith. Faith only persuades them of their legal Justification, it doesnt cause their legal justification, you realize that dont you ?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Those Christ died for do benefit by legal Justification, they are legally righteous before Gods Law and Justice, even before they are given faith. Faith only persuades them of their legal Justification, it doesnt cause their legal justification, you realize that dont you ?

I didn't say that faith is the cause of justification. Faith receives what happened at the cross.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I didn't say that faith is the cause of justification. Faith receives what happened at the cross.
Yes Faith receives the fact that Jesus Christ death/blood has Justified us before Gods Law and Justice.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
So Paul declares that the elect having been Justified by Christ blood, shall be delivered from the wrath to come..

2ndly, Paul teaches that by the righteous act of one [ Christ] Justification comes upon all men, that is, all men in Him at the time of His righteous act. observe Rom 5:18b

18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

This reads in exact contrast with the results of the one who made offence [ Adam] resulting in Gods condemnation and Judgment. For each of the heads brought about a Divine Judicial verdict on all those whom they represented. By the righteousness or righteous act of Jesus Christ, meaning His death, the free gift of Justification of life came upon [ not was offered or made available] but came upon all men [ in Christ at the time , his seed, as Adam had a seed in him] unto Justification of life.

The Justification unto life by the right act of one, called down the free Gift of Justification of life..

Thats why Paul wrote earlier in Rom 3:24

24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

The redemption that is in Christ Jesus, again pointing to His redeeming blood and or death.

So we know Paul did not mean in Rom 5:1 that the elect are Justified by their act of believing or Faith, because it again contradicts Paul's overall teaching of this subject, and would make void the accomplishment of the redeeming death and blood of Jesus Christ. and that's what satan and his messengers desire to do, to take the crown from Jesus head, and place it upon the head of man.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
So, so far in exposing the False teaching that the elect are saved or Justified because of their act of Faith or believing. We see that contradicts other clear teaching of Paul that #1, the elect are Justified by the blood of Jesus Christ Rom 5:9

9Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

That is when He bore their sins as prophesied Isa 53:11

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. [shed His blood]

2ndly we find that Paul teaches that by the righteous act of one [ Jesus Christ] Justification came upon all men , not offered, not made available, but Sovereignly came upon them Rom 5:18

18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Now show me in this verse where it says that Justification of life came upon all men because they had faith ?

Thirdly, Paul teaches in vs 19 of Romans 5:19 that by the obedience of one, many shall be made righteous .

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now where does it say that by their faith shall many be made righteous ? Paul says by the obedience of one many shall be made righteous Now who is that one ?

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Paul then goes on to write that the elect are Justified by Grace Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

And this is freely, without cause of us, Just being of the election of grace. Rom 3:24

24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption [blood] that is in Christ Jesus:

The word freely here is the greek word:

dōrean: which means:

freely, undeservedly and is translated without a cause as here:

Jn 15:25

25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Redemption is through His blood, of which His Grace operates towards the elect..

Eph 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

In light of these scriptures, we continue to expose the false teaching of many today.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Justified before believing !

The False teachers of today have turned what is the evidence of Justification into a condition to get salvation or Justification..

When the fact of the matter is, the elect are Justified before they believe, which is understood if we consider Rom 4:5

5But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Notice, but believeth on Him that Justifieth the Ungodly !

The scripture does not term any who are believers Ungodly, we have our names from post conversion, such as saints, living stones, babes in Christ, beloved, holy brethren and ect, but seeing here Paul writes that God Justifieth the Ungodly, then believers are Justified before believing.

You see their [ the elect] believing did not Justify them, but Christ Justified many by baring their sins Isa 53:11

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

He [ Jesus Christ] in taking away the sin of the elect made us righteous, and this was our Justification.

Jn 1:29

29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

1 Jn 3:5

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Rom 5:8

8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Christ death Justified us [ the elect] while we were sinners, ungodly.

This was before we believed, for I was Justified by Christ death in 33 ad, before I was manifested [ born] in 1957.

Rom 5:10

10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

reconciliation and Justification are of the same sort, acceptance with God in Favor, and yet this occurred while we were sinners, before we believed, how ? by the death of His Son.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Justification before God is based upon solely the imputed righteousness of Christ, which righteousness is freely laid to the account of all the members of the body of Christ, of the sheepfold, of all whom Christ died. They [the elect] are before the Tribunal of God, declared righteous, Justified, based upon Christ obedience unto death Phil 2:8

8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Rom 5:19

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Now that the foundation has been laid, God builds upon that, and now it is time for Justification by Faith or before the consciousness of those who have been declared righteous by the imputed righteousness of Christ, that being done, we now have the imparted righteousness of Christ.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Justification by Faith or before the consciousness of those who have been declared righteous by the imputed righteousness of Christ, that being done, we now have the imparted righteousness of Christ.

And so we have for all who have had Christ righteousness imputed to them, they also will in regeneration have it imparted to them. This is why Paul says that Christ of God has been made unto us sanctification. 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

This is also called sanctification of the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

And of course sanctification of the Spirit results in belief of the Truth !

All for whom Christ died will sometime in their life partake of the imparted righteousness of Christ from regeneration, for Christ as our Saviour pours Him[The Holy Ghost] out unto all He has redeemed through His death Titus 3:5-7

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6Which he shed[ pour out] on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Please, note, If Jesus Christ is ones Saviour, He will ensure our regeneration and renewing vs 5.

The Holy Ghost is bound by the covenant of Grace or redemption to impart Christ righteousness to all for whom He did die, and it is through His Divine work [ the Holy Ghost] that the redeemed one can believe on Christ and experience Justification by Faith. Faith has been given by the Holy Ghost, as it is one of His fruits [ Gal 5:22] or evidences that He has given the chosen one to partake experientially of the life of their risen Saviour.

It is for this reason that the Faith the elect have to believe is called the faith of Christ, because He gives all those for whom He died, His own Faith [ Gal 2:20], through regeneration of the Holy Spirit, in order that all His members of His body shall believe in Him, we believe in Him because of imparted righteousness.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Justifieth the Ungodly !

This is pure grace, that God Justified the elect while ungodly. While they are by nature ungodly, and children of wrath as others, God Justified them based on the work of Christ. The elect as other men are by nature lawbreakers [sinners] and of course sin must be punished, because it is sin, and Gods Justice must punish sin because He is Just and must do justice.

Now if sin has been imputed to Jesus Christ [ for it had to if He died for the elects sins 1 Cor 15:3] and [ 2Cor 5:21], then Justice [ of God] must smite the Person and sin of the Person bearing it, which in the case of Gods elect, is Jesus Christ. [ Note: one did not have to be born to be of Gods elect or for Christ to have died for their sins 1 Cor 15:3]

Once Justice has been satisfied, it is satisfied completely for all those Christ died for, which are the elect. It Justice has been satisfied once and for all, for it is called eternal redemption [ Heb 9:12]

Gods elect have been set free by the redemption in Christ blood for them, for all eternity, no penalty for sin, the broken law in their lives can ever be exacted to them.

For that is the meaning of Christ sacred words It is finished, He obtained eternal redemption for all Gods elect for all time.

Gods Justice for the sins of the elect will never, never, strike again !

The words It is finished, in the greek are in the perfect tense, denoting the once and for all permanency of His sacrifice and its effects.

The God Man, the Lord Jesus Christ has made the Infinite sacrifice for the sins and persons of Gods elect, the world of the elect. Punishment for His elect maximized itself on Christ, and based upon this the elect are set free, Gods righteous character is declared in His being satisfied in His Sons Sacrifice and because of this, The Holy Father can declare [ by grace] and look upon an unholy elect sinner, as Justified before Him, and He himself remains Just in that declaration. Rom 4:5

5But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

So they're by nature, unholy and ungodly men and women, who are Just and righteous in Gods sight because of Christ satisfaction, propitiation to God, for their sins.

Even the thief on the cross, from the day he was born, he was from God's perspective, because of the blood of Christ, Justified eternally. For God Justifies the Ungodly, for Christ sake. 2

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
God Justifies the Ungodly !

Rom 4:5

5But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Oh what matter of grace is this, that Justifies the ungodly. Not that He Justifieth the repentant, or the believer, though those believing certainly have been Justified, but they were Justified by grace, before believing and while ungodly or while being enemies [by nature] Just as they were reconciled to God, while being enemies, that is ungodly Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son,

The Truth is one cannot be reconciled to God without being declared Justified before God, being accepted into His Favor. Now we know that no condemned criminal can be accepted into Gods Favor, but thats exactly what reconciled means.

Its the greek word:

Katallasso and means:
  1. to reconcile (those who are at variance)
  2. return to favour with, be reconciled to one
  3. to receive one into favour
Now, no person can be living as God's enemy [by nature] and in His Favor at the same time, unless God has already received a ransom payment for their sins.

That would be The Blood of His Son, and so they would be Justified by His blood Rom 5:9, while they were still by nature Gods enemy ! While they were yet in their life and practice ungodly.

So, therefore, by The blood of Christ, shed for the many, that many, are Justified before God while Ungodly, and hence, God Justifies the Ungodly. before Faith, before any gospel obedience on their part.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Justification of the Many because He bore their iniquitues!

Isa 53:11

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

By His Knowledge [ not by their knowledge] my righteous servant shall justify many, how and why ? For He shall bear their sins or iniquities.

Many in religion today deny this scripture truth of Justification of the many, solely premised on the death of Christ, His dying in their stead, bearing their sins. What they do is wrest the words " by His Knowledge" and impose upon them the meaning, that by and because of the Faith of the sinner, this causes or results in God Justifying the many, hence, swiping away the crown from Christ substitutionary death as being the cause, and placing it on the head of the sinner who is being Justified.

But this verse does not say by their Faith or knowledge of Him, will my righteous servant Justify many, but by His [singular] knowledge, His knowledge of them [ His Sheep] and His knowledge of His Fathers will, He shall Justify many, because He bore their sins. He could not have bore their sins if He did not know them as per Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He shall Justify many by His obedience unto death Rom 5:18-19

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation;

even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Not by their obedience shall they be made righteous, but by His obedience, the obedience of one, shall many be made righteous, which is to be Justified as the previous vs 18 points out, Justification of life !

Hence His knowledge of His church members in the present time and dying for them in 33 ad, by that death for them, they were made righteous, they were Justified, because then He bore their sins in His body on the Tree 1 Pet 2:24

24Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness [or be made righteous as in Rom 5:19]: by whose stripes ye were healed.

To deny this, is denying the accomplishment of the blood of Christ before God in Justifying every soul that He died for.

Scripture clearly declares that we [the elect] were Justified by His Blood Rom 5:9

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Who dares denies that those now in the present, who belong to Christ, for whom He died, who denies their Justification before God by His blood in 33 ad ?

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Who dares denies that those now in 2010, who belong to Christ, for whom He died, who denies their Justification before God by His blood in 33 ad ?

You might want to consider updating this LOL We're in 2022 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom