Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Sally Yates refused to defend the Executive order issued by President Trump regarding immigration, and was dismissed by President Trump last night.

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lol I heard it. You're fired!

~Jo~

The Cakeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No
Well his not a fan of women with a back bone that wont say yes to everything he wants.. He only wants yes men doing his dirty work...karma will get him one day hopefully

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I mean...if you dont do the job you will get fired..that's real life..

if I was hired for a job and refused to do the work I would get fired...

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
To bad we cant fire him

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sally Yates refused to defend the Executive order issued by President Trump regarding immigration, and was dismissed by President Trump last night.

She was a "left over" from the previous administration soon to be replaced. IF she felt she could not abide by the instructions of the new President (rather than the old one who appointed her but is no longer president) her rightful response would be resignation. She had every "right" to object, of course - and refuse to abide by the executive order: but then she should have either resign or expected to be terminated and replaced (which frankly was soon to happen anyway).

BTW, none of this shocks me. She would have been replaced very soon ANYWAY (and everyone - everyone - knew it). And this happens all the time in the "real world" (which I realize, Washington DC is not a part of). A new owner or CEO comes in (one with a VERY different agenda and opinions than the previous one) - and yes, a lot of holdovers - appointed by the old guy, uber loyal to the old guy, parroting the old guy - well, they resign or they get fired. A new man is in town. Sorry - it's just reality.

Last edited:

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
To bad we cant fire him

Americans registered to vote can. We elect presidents for a very short term - just 4 years. It's what we've been doing for over 200 years and it's worked extremely well. In less than 3 years, the Republican Party (which NEVER wanted this guy!!!!) will evaluate things. Some may choose to run for the nomination. In the Primaries (which will begin in just over 3 years) Republicans (and a LOT of independents and Democrats) will decide who the Republican nominee will be: Trump or perhaps some other. The people will decide. Whoever the Republican Party and the Democrat Party ultimately choose, 3 years and 4 months from now (and that may or may not include Trump) - they will go before the American people.

It's called Democracy. Much of the world in the past 200+ years have envied how we do this - and copied us. It's worked pretty well. Yup, we can fire the president (actually, the Party can do it before we get a chance). We just can't re-hire them more than once (use to - just no more). Unlike the Queen of Australia, it's not a lifetime office.

- Josiah

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Well I mean...if you dont do the job you will get fired..that's real life..

if I was hired for a job and refused to do the work I would get fired...

True! But, in this case, her job is to uphold the law and the constitution. She found that the law was unconstitutional. She as Attorney General (acting) was required to uphold the law. This could set a precedent for future Attorney Generals.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
True! But, in this case, her job is to uphold the law and the constitution. She found that the law was unconstitutional. She as Attorney General (acting) was required to uphold the law. This could set a precedent for future Attorney Generals.

SHE felt that it was unconstitutional. Okay. Everyone is entitled to their feelings and opinion except conservatives and Christians (of course, in such matters only the "feelings" of a very few people count - the Supreme Court). And okay for her to state her disagreement. But if this Obama hold over (just until she could be replaced - ASAP), this Obama appointee, this Obama parrot.... if SHE feels that she can't do as she is told to do - she has two choices: resign or get fired. Sorry, that's just the way it is in any real world. Now, what she COULD do as a private citizen is begin a legal case.... see if it gets to the Supreme Court - and challenge it. That's how the process works. She SHOULD know that (and of course the PRESS should) - and they do. But it's all political spin these days..... And libs doing what libs do - lick wounds (even where they don't exist), creating victims out of everyone, changing the subject....

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Sally Yates said the ban on people from 7 nations was unconstitutional and a court case may well decide that it is unconstitutional. Sally Yates works for the USA not for the President. Sally Yates is paid by the tax payer not by the President. Sally Yates was dismissed by the President for not supporting his executive orders - executive orders that may contravene the constitution of the USA.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Sally Yates said the ban on people from 7 nations was unconstitutional and a court case may well decide that it is unconstitutional. Sally Yates works for the USA not for the President. Sally Yates is paid by the tax payer not by the President. Sally Yates was dismissed by the President for not supporting his executive orders - executive orders that may contravene the constitution of the USA.

If this is what Sally Yates has said, then it is apparent to me that Yates is unaware that the USA constitution applies to the USA, and not to people's outside the USA wishing to enter.

Um, duh.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If this is what Sally Yates has said, then it is apparent to me that Yates is unaware that the USA constitution applies to the USA, and not to people's outside the USA wishing to enter.

Um, duh.

Yes, but, we have constitutional laws regarding immigration.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I don't know them, but, I am willing to believe that Sally Yates does.

LOL.

C'mon. If Sally Yates told you a stork delivered you to your mother, would you believe that too? How easy it must be to mislead you.

I've done a cursory search. So far I've not found anywhere in the USA Constitution that explicitly allows anyone outside the country who is not already a citizen or permanent resident the right of entry.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
A federal jusge hAS ISSUED A STAY ON THE IMMIGRATION ISSUE, LETS SEE HOW IT SHAKES OUT IN COURT.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
A federal jusge hAS ISSUED A STAY ON THE IMMIGRATION ISSUE, LETS SEE HOW IT SHAKES OUT IN COURT.

Psalms91 used to have wisdom on this issue.

But he looked around and perceived the mindless HERD. Celebrities, chiefs of companies and crowds of people.

He thought to himself "by golly gee, all these people can't be wrong"

So he switched his position.

Wishy

Washy

Pslams91 apparently knows diddly about how Muslim immigration has effected Europe (especially Sweden/Denmark - but even places like Germany) for the worse.

Or he won't see.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Psalms91 used to have wisdom on this issue.

But he looked around and perceived the mindless HERD. Celebrities, chiefs of companies and crowds of people.

He thought to himself "by golly gee, all these people can't be wrong"

So he switched his position.

Wishy

Washy

Pslams91 apparently knows diddly about how Muslim immigration has effected Europe (especially Sweden/Denmark - but even places like Germany) for the worse.

Or he won't see.
Well aware of it Strav, shutting it down completely is not the answer and also that is just a news report about an action so how do you percieve what Ithink from that? Insults do not become you

Top Bottom