Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said Thursday his state “will not comply” with recently unveiled changes to Title IX by the Biden administration.

“Florida rejects [President Biden’s] attempt to rewrite Title IX,” DeSantis said in a video posted to the social platform X. “We will not comply, and we will fight back.”

“We are not gonna let Joe Biden try to inject men into women’s activities,” DeSantis continued. “We are not gonna let Joe Biden undermine the rights of parents, and we are not gonna let Joe Biden abuse his constitutional authority to try to impose these policies on us here in Florida.”[/quote[

Full article

Am I the only one that has noted how each State has begun to openly defy and ignore Federal laws, and each has begun to act almost as independent nations, establishing their own laws (counter to Federal Laws)?

What are your thoughts on this?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sooner or later it was inevitable.

When we had the idea of "sanctuary cities" where blue cities refused to enforce Republican-backed immigration laws it was clear it was only a matter of time before red cities or red states would refuse to enforce Democrat-backed laws of some other nature. My only surprise is that I had expected it to relate to guns before gender issues.

I do recall some vague wording about "powers not enumerated" being granted to individual States. Maybe people are starting to take the Constitution seriously, at least when it suits them.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
First "thought"--

Governor DeSantis seems to be saying that his state will not comply with a command from the White House that appears to be illegal. There is nothing very unusual about that. Democrat governors have done the same thing. HOWEVER, this is not to say that any of them will not comply if and when a court upholds the President's order.

Second --

Those technical issues aside, it's understandable that Gov. DeSantis is receiving support for his stance, because there is widespread disapproval of the claims and campaigns of "Science Deniers." Ordinarily, it's Democrats who denounce Science Deniers, although in this case it's Biden who's on the side of Science Denial.

Last edited:
Top Bottom