Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
When unloading groceries onto the conveyor belt, is it the responsibility of the shopper who just finished unloading to put the divider bar down, or is it that of the next shopper next in line?

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
It's not their responsibility, but everyone does it, since it's nice and often it's too far to the front and the other one can't reach it and you give a grateful nod when someone does that for you or you say thank you.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think it's the responsibility of the one who just put down the groceries. Be kind and let the cashier know that's the end of your lot.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I've never thought of it in this way. If the person ahead of me doesn't do it, I do it. If the person behind me does it but puts the bar far behind my items and there are people behind them that could otherwise start unloading their items onto the belt, I'll take the bar and move it forward. The effort is so meager in either case that to me it's just a non-issue.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't see it as anyone's job in particular, as long as somebody does it I really struggle to see why it matters.

Usually when you've put your stuff down you can reach it. Sometimes if the belt is long and there are several of them the person behind you can put one down just as easily.

I don't get the idea of arguing that one or the other "should" do it. It seems like little more than another excuse to complain that someone else didn't do exactly what some unspecified source says they should have done.

Top Bottom