Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The last few days...

A mixture of weighing serious statements made about the jab, genetics, cancer and trying to educate myself to at least a beginner's degree to understand whether the accusations have merit by looking through patents, and researching statements and definitions.

Did you find anything interesting worth posting about? I've read a couple of reports that suggest omicron might have evolved in HIV patients with compromised immune systems (which sounds broadly plausible, except has an unusual focus on African people with HIV), and another report that suggested it might have evolved within vaccinated people who got a breakthrough infection (which also sounds plausible).

Making some beginning in-roads into the Aussie un-jabbed community. Need new friends.

Sad that vaccination status is even considered when forming friendship groups. For now at least my social circle includes people who are vaccinated and unvaccinated and nobody seems to have any concern about the other.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got up early because I forgot to take my allergy medicine last night and the the guinea pig hay really bothers me.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's been a few days since I went running so decided to see how things would go. My head wanted to run but my body wanted to sit in my recliner and stay there. I went for a run not expecting much but wanting to get back into it. When I selected "run" on my tracker it suggested a workout that was maybe a little harder than I'd expected to do but not so much so that I figured I couldn't do it and, as it was based on heart rate, was the sort of thing that was likely to be easy to do given I can increase or decrease the pace as needed to maintain a target heart rate. The total time was about what I'd expect to take to get around one of my loops, so I kicked it off. As it happened I got round the entire loop with a couple of minutes left on the workout, so I felt OK with that. I was also pleased that despite not having run at all for a few days and probably still having a substantial Christma dinner still part way through digesting I was able to keep running for the entire route. It's been a while since I've done that, the last few times I've overdone it somewhere and needed a walk break.

Anyway, now my body got its wish as I'm in my recliner with a cup of coffee.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Did you find anything interesting worth posting about? I've read a couple of reports that suggest omicron might have evolved in HIV patients with compromised immune systems (which sounds broadly plausible, except has an unusual focus on African people with HIV), and another report that suggested it might have evolved within vaccinated people who got a breakthrough infection (which also sounds plausible).
Yes, but I doubt it will be credible to most people. I found it difficult to stomach which is why I embarked on a crash course on genetics to see if the claims being made (which are interpretations of the various "covid vaccine" patents, eg: Pfizer, J&J, Moderna etc) held up to any kind of scrutiny. The patents referred to contain an absolute massive amount of text that no casually interested lay person is going to want to sift through and try to make sense of.

In brief, I found the claims had some merit. Some of the human genes being messed with in the "real" jabs (a fair percentage of them appear to be placebos) can result in, for instance, large increases in cancer rate/susceptibility to cancer by eliminating/changing natural human anti-cancer genes/apoptosis genes (genes that naturally fight cancer in the body). So in X years hence when a bunch of (more than average) people start kicking the bucket due to cancer incidence, most will never suspect the link to the jab. That's just one example.

"Omicron" is a load of cow poo just like "covid-19" was. It is mass mental conditioning to prepare people for the real pandemic that's just started (and coming) for a whole lot of people who let Eugenicists get access to their precious blood.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
"Omicron" is a load of cow poo just like "covid-19" was. It is mass mental conditioning to prepare people for the real pandemic that's just started (and coming) for a whole lot of people who let Eugenicists get access to their precious blood.

Most of the people who have "omicron" now that I know personally only have a cold. No one is able to tolerate illness these days.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Most of the people who have "omicron" now that I know personally only have a cold. No one is able to tolerate illness these days.

I found it remarkable to hear that cloth masks are ineffective against the omicron variant. So apparently this virus that has undergone a few protein mutations that you'd struggle to see under a regular microscope has somehow learned to slip through a cloth mesh in ways that previous variants apparently couldn't.

Presumably everything up to and including delta just crashed around and got caught up in the mesh while the omicron variant has learned to dodge and weave around the fabric and escape. But thankfully it has yet to figure out how to dodge and weave around the mesh in a surgical mask because apparently they still work. Which seems to be more than can be said for vaccines, at this point.

Things like this don't make it easy to take official narratives seriously.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I found it remarkable to hear that cloth masks are ineffective against the omicron variant. So apparently this virus that has undergone a few protein mutations that you'd struggle to see under a regular microscope has somehow learned to slip through a cloth mesh in ways that previous variants apparently couldn't.

Presumably everything up to and including delta just crashed around and got caught up in the mesh while the omicron variant has learned to dodge and weave around the fabric and escape. But thankfully it has yet to figure out how to dodge and weave around the mesh in a surgical mask because apparently they still work. Which seems to be more than can be said for vaccines, at this point.

Things like this don't make it easy to take official narratives seriously.

I'm so glad the science finally caught up to...the real science :D

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm so glad the science finally caught up to...the real science :D

Right from the start the narrative about masks was flawed. We were assured that a well fitting mask wouldn't stop air getting through. Except that the reason I don't use an N95 mask when I'm working in a dusty environment is because they do exactly that. They are fine at first, but as they get moist they become less and less permeable to air. I know this for a fact, as I've personally had N95 masks literally crumple onto my face as I tried to draw a deep breath (hence the reason I bought a respirator with an exhalation valve).

But apparently High Lord Forki-tongue spake differently, so I don't know what I'm talking about. Because science.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Right from the start the narrative about masks was flawed. We were assured that a well fitting mask wouldn't stop air getting through. Except that the reason I don't use an N95 mask when I'm working in a dusty environment is because they do exactly that. They are fine at first, but as they get moist they become less and less permeable to air. I know this for a fact, as I've personally had N95 masks literally crumple onto my face as I tried to draw a deep breath (hence the reason I bought a respirator with an exhalation valve).

But apparently High Lord Forki-tongue spake differently, so I don't know what I'm talking about. Because science.

Early on, a lot of my liberal friends who insisted that masks worked were the ones going to only places where masks were worn and STILL caught covid. It's sad that they were misled into believing they were safe.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Early on, a lot of my liberal friends who insisted that masks worked were the ones going to only places where masks were worn and STILL caught covid. It's sad that they were misled into believing they were safe.

We have friends who are very cautious because of immune issues, but are also incredibly inconsistent. They'll avoid one situation because they are afraid of people touching things, but will then go to a diner and apparently not worry about who is touching their utensils, plates etc. They'll also avoid some gatherings while welcoming others, with no apparent rhyme or reason as to who they consider "safe" and why.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
A day of poker...

Although I've been playing poker on and off for years, and even won a local tourney in an all friends game several years ago (nothing to brag about, many hardly knew the game, lol), I've been playing a massive amount of games since all the lockdown/covid stuff began.

And after all that time, I have a net loss, a sizeable one. I considered quitting. Oftentimes this game takes more discipline from me and especially my emotions than I am accustomed to.

The worst is what is called "tilt". You have a great pre-flop hand, like AA or KK and raise a considerable amount. Your opponent has some garbage like 83o, 74o or something similar and calls this large bet. While trying to realize your equity post flop when you haven't improved and the flop is a dry/ full of small cards - you find out by the river they made their 2 pair, or made a 4-to-a-straight wonder hand calling down with 83o.

Multiply the above by several times in the course of 3-4 hours, and add to that you folding preflop with hands like K3o and betting with AJs+....which means folding a lot more hands than you play. Then you have AK on a K T 3 board and assume you probably have the best hand. Not to be. Villian called your preflop bet light with a hand you hardly ever play: K3o. He made his two pair and your stack is very much at risk.

So you've lost more $ being disciplined and waiting than recklessly raising or folding with questionable hands. This can happen several times and now you are angry. You bet/call with K5o and the flop is K 7 2 rainbow. Call the end and he's got AK, so you lose on the other side.

Now you're angry and frustrated. You've been disciplined and lost with good hands when they make their miracle draws. You tried their strategy and lost with that too. Stuff it. Reckless play begins. Massive bluffs. Un-reasonable raises with bottom pair, calling down large bets with only a gut shot. Down down down down the bankroll goes...sometimes very very fast especially if alcohol is involved too. Tilt.

My tilt periods are getting shorter. I tilted yesterday, spewed chips like a madman playing garbage aggressively, took a break and came back. After several hours I won back everything I lost that day. Still in the game. I used to deposit fairly frequently as I'd lose it all or at least a working amount. Now I've managed to hold on to one for several weeks and even make a 400% profit with it. This game is work though. It involves a level of discipline and patience that is oftentimes extracting. It involves suffering through bad beats and not getting angry in response to make future bad plays for future loss. It also involves capitalizing on other player's tilt when you see it. The profit potentials are enormous though. I see players making thousands each and every week. But they put in hours, lots of them.

I didn't start playing to make a killing. Just to see if I could make a living. However in order to do that you need to build your bankroll and practice an enormous of amount of discipline and analysis of how you play, how you play against certain player types, how you react to bad beats and especially knowing when to walk away from it. To be honest it can be fun sometimes, although often it is boring, especially when you are getting cold cards and missing the board a lot. However my options for other employment is limited. That is one reason I took this up.

Today. 10% increase on bankroll. I had the fortune of coming across a super agro fish who would raise insane amounts of chips with stuff like 84o (offsuit). KK and 77 were adequate calls from large pre-flop bets against this player, and it paid off nicely.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Getting ready to go to the park for a hike since it's already in the 50s F.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Listening to music on YouTube and relaxing.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Went for a run yesterday. Didn't feel the best but times were OK, if slower than before Christmas. Today it was cold so I went for a walk with my wife instead.

The last few days I've ripped some more laths out of a space I've been working in, bagged up another 100lb or so of plaster/drywall/concrete I've pulled down from the walls, and got rid of a pile of scrap wood. A local friend burns it to keep his workshop warm in the winter, which means he can use what I'd be burning just to get rid of it. It works well for both of us.

I'm still debating what to do with a room in the basement. Having disconnected and taken a sink out I discovered that where it drained to isn't just a random corner of the room - there is actually a drain there. The cover was badly silted over, to the point it only became apparent there was a drain there at all when I dropped something that cleared a small patch of the silting. So instead of gettind rid of the sink I'll probably reinstall it against a different wall, with a water manifold above it and space below it to install things like water filters, softeners etc. Knowing I have a suitable place to drain everything makes the process so much easier.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have a virtual doctor's appointment this morning since things are locked down again due to the omicron variant. All elective surgeries are canceled again too which means I can't get the surgery I've been waiting on for 2 years.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Some more progress on the house. I got a nasty sheet of plywood ripped off the floor, a load of scraps gathered up and a big pile of nasty splintered plywood and wood with nails in it burned. Another 120-150lb of drywall and plaster bagged up ready to go out with the trash. Another section of baseboard removed and all the plaster behind it pulled down and bagged up. That means I can drill some holes through to the basement that I can use to run cables, which will provide power to two rooms upstairs.

One of the rooms is a bit odd - I plan to enlarge it but need to decide whether to maintain access to it from the other half of the house, or add a doorframe and close off the existing one. If I do that I can potentially turn the other half into a one-bedroom apartment with an ensuite, which means the bedroom could be a bit bigger. Decisions decisions....

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I slept in really late today but I needed it since the two night's prior were really windy and it was hard to sleep. Now I'm eating some breakfast and getting ready to go to the post office.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got up early because my husband wanted bacon for breakfast.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got some wiring done. I need to run a new cable into the bedroom that's next on the rebuild list, so figured I might as well get on with that. It will also give me an extra outlet in the space that will be handy while I'm working. It's fiddly having to find the best route and drill holes to run the cables, ideally without drilling into any of the numerous cables that already come out of the breaker panel. I've got a load of cables that were just grouped together with twist ties and loosely pinned to the underside of the joists in the basement, so at some point I want to reroute those so they run through the joists and out of the way. That won't be a fun job, but I know at least some of them can come out completely by the time I'm done.

Top Bottom