Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Howdy sup there guys man! How are you today? Today, I've just had my usual weekly 3 hours therapy session both online and by phone. Tonight, just resting in bed before hitting the sack.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Trying to stay cool today. I was out in the sun for about 20 minutes total earlier and it was miserable. I need my Vitamin D though.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Trying to stay cool today. I was out in the sun for about 20 minutes total earlier and it was miserable. I need my Vitamin D though.

I'm still holding off on the porch work I need to get done, at least until the worst of the heat is passed. It's supposed to be cooler this week. I'm thankful I put the air conditioners in, they've made a huge difference.

What I can look to finish off is some work in the basement. I have some wall units I want to hang on the wall but need to hang some wall studs first, and I couldn't do that until I'd done the wiring job I recently finished off. Now that's done I can see to installing the wall studs, and then hanging the wall units on the studs. That will free up some space in the adjacent room of the basement, where the wall units are currently tucked out of the way as best I can manage. It will be good to be able to actually use them for something useful rather than having them as a constant obstacle.

Matthew ten Verseight

Religious Affiliation
Seventh Day Adventist
Marital Status
Single
No
Just finished editing and posting the 7 Heads and 10 Horns of Revelation 17 on the old Seventh-day Adventist forum. I should hope to get it shared here after a while. Need to do laundry today after the swimming yesterday. Also, just uploaded a documentary (Internet Archive, and Bitchute), that I recommend watching, The Bleeding Edge (2018). You can find it also on Netflix, etc. It's about 'innovative' (untested, unproven) medical technology in surgery, etc that leaves permanent life altering, changing damages, especially female (though it also shows some male).

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got the wall studs fitted but then noticed I needed four and had only cut three. So I cut a fourth one, thankfully I had a suitable piece of wood that only needed a little bit of trimming to make it work, and got that one fitted as well. It's getting late and I don't feel like fussing with cross pieces right now, so that can wait until tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I'll have three wall units mounted and ready to go. I will need to clean the handles though, they came out of a kitchen and have got something like 20 years worth of accumulated grease on them. Hopefully soaking them in boiling water will do the trick.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got the wall studs fitted but then noticed I needed four and had only cut three. So I cut a fourth one, thankfully I had a suitable piece of wood that only needed a little bit of trimming to make it work, and got that one fitted as well. It's getting late and I don't feel like fussing with cross pieces right now, so that can wait until tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I'll have three wall units mounted and ready to go. I will need to clean the handles though, they came out of a kitchen and have got something like 20 years worth of accumulated grease on them. Hopefully soaking them in boiling water will do the trick.

Try Bar Keepers Friend. It's amazing stuff!

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Try Bar Keepers Friend. It's amazing stuff!

Never heard of that - what is it?

I was planning on using pocket screws to hold the cross pieces in place. They are pretty strong. A friend of mine introduced me to them a few years back, and I was particularly impressed when he screwed two boards together at 90 degrees and invited me to stand on the join. I forget if he used two or three pocket screws but when I stood on the join it didn't give at all. If those things can take my weight I think they can take the weight of a cupboard!

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not doing anything today except going to the library and possibly out to dinner, but not sure about dinner.
Tomorrow I’m going out to lunch with some friends of mine.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Never heard of that - what is it?

I was planning on using pocket screws to hold the cross pieces in place. They are pretty strong. A friend of mine introduced me to them a few years back, and I was particularly impressed when he screwed two boards together at 90 degrees and invited me to stand on the join. I forget if he used two or three pocket screws but when I stood on the join it didn't give at all. If those things can take my weight I think they can take the weight of a cupboard!

It's a cleaner and we use it to keep our outside gas grill nice and shiny! It can be found with all the other cleaners like Comet at the grocery store.

Not doing anything today except going to the library and possibly out to dinner, but not sure about dinner.
Tomorrow I’m going out to lunch with some friends of mine.

Lunch with friends sounds really nice! Do you get to see them often?

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's a cleaner and we use it to keep our outside gas grill nice and shiny! It can be found with all the other cleaners like Comet at the grocery store.

If boiling water doesn't work I'll keep an eye out for it next time I'm out. I suspect boiling water will lift the grease off but we'll see. It's had a lot of years to accumulate.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Hello afternoon all! How's it going so far with your day? This morning, I've just had a hair wash and long and cold shower on a hot and muggy day. The afternoon, just relaxing online before hitting the bed tonight.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We had a thunderstorm roll through so I don't have to go out and water my garden now! Plus rain tomorrow so it will have plenty of water then too. I'm just sitting around listening to music this evening.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got the three wall units mounted on the wall in the basement. Then I realised how the time had got on, and had to dash out to a meeting at church. Thankfully it was a small meeting so I could keep my distance from the others there. Usually I'd take a shower before the meeting but because I didn't notice the time it was too late.

Now I'm thinking about what I might do with the last unit. It's wider and shorter, so won't fit with the other three. I've got an idea in mind, that might give me a nice space to put in a simple work surface with a storage unit over the top. I've usually got at least one thing I'm tinkering with, trying to fix even if it makes no economic sense to fix it, so it would be good to have a dedicated space to tinker. Sometimes I like to try and fix something just to see if it can be done.

Every once in a while I have a clear out of things I've put by to try and fix but never actually attempted to fix, like the hair dryer my wife replaced months ago for $10 but I wondered if cleaning out the old one would make it work again. Instead it ended up in the trash, with the cord put in my pile of copper to be salvaged.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Getting groceries!

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Howdy sup there! How are you doing so far with your day? Today, just playing some games on my phone before heading to bed tonight.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Yo sup there? How are ye all doing today? Today, just playing some games on my Switch before heading to sleep tonight.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Happy Friday all! How are you? Today, just enjoying my usual TV show before heading the sack tonight.

Matthew ten Verseight

Religious Affiliation
Seventh Day Adventist
Marital Status
Single
No
Just waking up (got woken up, to the call to eat, rough night of sleeping). Eating taro, suafa'i, fa'apapa for breakfast. Just cleaning up and sitting down to check to see if a friend wrote me back (I heard some not good news, and needed to check). No word yet. Sent another email to a friend on Islam, good material here -[staff removal of link promoting Islam]

Last edited by a moderator:

Matthew ten Verseight

Religious Affiliation
Seventh Day Adventist
Marital Status
Single
No
Just waking up (got woken up, to the call to eat, rough night of sleeping). Eating taro, suafa'i, fa'apapa for breakfast. Just cleaning up and sitting down to check to see if a friend wrote me back (I heard some not good news, and needed to check). No word yet. Sent another email to a friend on Islam, good material here -[staff removal of link promoting Islam]
@Andrew

Why was the link removed? It did not "promot(e) Islam". The Link provides material against Islam, by one who speaks Arabic, from Islamic (Muslim) original sources, by I. Q. al Rassooli. Then I am PM'ed about this, when it is the mistake of Moderation? Hello?

Why would I, a Seventh-day Day Adventist true to the word of God, ever "promote Islam"? My character is being maligned here. please correct the mistake made by moderation. I have taught against Islam on many forums, including Muslims ones! I have written hundreds of pages on the subject.

Even the SoP/ToJ of Seventh-day Adventists states:

The Home Missionary; September 1, 1892, 'Ye Are My Witnesses.' -
“... The Saviour has said, “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him” He says again, “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent." Mohammedanism has its converts in many lands, and its advocates deny the divinity of Christ. Shall this faith be propagated, and the advocates of truth fail to manifest intense zeal to overthrow the error, and teach men of the pre-existence of the only Saviour of the world? O how we need men who will search and believe the word of God, who will present Jesus to the world in his divine and human nature, declaring with power and in demonstration of the Spirit, that “there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” O how we need believers who will now present Christ in life and character, who will hold him up before the world as the brightness of the Father's glory, proclaiming that God is love! {HM, September 1, 1892 par. 4} ...”​

Last edited:

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Had a bit of a clearout in the basement. I managed to clear off a couple of free-standing shelves that can now go to the attic to help organise some boxes, and get a couple of other odds and ends sifted through and thrown in the trash. I'm wanting to free up another shelving unit, now I've got the wall units hung, so that can also go in the attic. A little bit at a time....

Top Bottom