Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Hi sup there! How’s it going so far with your day? Today, just been catching up on sleep since I’ve had yet another bad night last night,

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Yo sup there guys man! How are you today! Today, because it’s another awfully cold, dark and depressing day outside, just enjoying my usual TV show before rocking myself to sleep tonight.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Happy Friday all! How are you? Today, as it’s another very cold, dark and gloomy day outside, just playing some games on my phone before lulling myself to sleep tonight.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's going to be a beautiful day so after I get a phone call I'm waiting on I will head out for a walk in the sun!

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's going to be a beautiful day so after I get a phone call I'm waiting on I will head out for a walk in the sun!

I had hoped to get a long walk in the woods in today but need to do some recording at church and then a local handyman who is going to help me get some work done on my porch is coming. I wanted him to come and help me before it gets cold so I can get on with some work that depends on this job before winter, so I can't really complain when he says he can come and help.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Got a couple of exterior lights disconnected and taken down ready for my handyman to come. It looks like I've got a layer of metal trim and behind that a layer of wood that's probably going to be some kind of very old tongue-and-groove setup. It's a shame to take it down but I need it to come down so I can get behind it, which means I'll probably have to replace it with plywood or similar. If it's anything like the attic flooring it's regular grade wood trim held in place by nails that would be overkill for structural work.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I had hoped to get a long walk in the woods in today but need to do some recording at church and then a local handyman who is going to help me get some work done on my porch is coming. I wanted him to come and help me before it gets cold so I can get on with some work that depends on this job before winter, so I can't really complain when he says he can come and help.

I need to find a local handyman that doesn't rip us off. It seems a lot of people we hire aren't very ethical where we live and we overpay often or get told something is wrong with whatever we're having them look at but it's not an honest answer. :(

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I need to find a local handyman that doesn't rip us off. It seems a lot of people we hire aren't very ethical where we live and we overpay often or get told something is wrong with whatever we're having them look at but it's not an honest answer. :(

The guy I'm using lives literally around the corner from me and has come recommended by a few people. I've yet to hear anyone say anything negative about him, which is a good sign. When he came to look at the job he sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

It's still good to be able to do work yourself, even if only so you can do it when it suits you rather than when it suits someone else. It gets pretty tedious waiting for workmen to schedule a job, even if it is a good sign that they are busy.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Happy weekend all! How are you? Today, I’ve just had leftover pizza with lemon iced tea for lunch. Tonight, just enjoying my usual TV show before hitting the pillow.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Surprisingly early start today. Had a long Zoom chat with friends abroad last night. Time differences make it tricky to arrange a time so when we do get something together we really make the most of it - last night ended up being over four hours, with plenty of beer consumed as we teased each others' selections. It was so good to catch up with them again.

After breakfast I get to fight with the porch canopy to try and figure out just what I've got going on under there.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Going for some medical tests soon.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Listening to my husband play with my niece.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Pulling apart my porches. I'm trying to find how sound and cold air are getting in. The first porch I hit was a small one, finished with drywall that was already badly damaged so I just pulled it all down. Now I can see underneath the porch. It's a lot better than I expected it to be but I noticed a couple of gaps in the roof of it (nothing huge, but enough to leak a little), and a reasonable size hole in the exterior wall of the house that supports a beam. Then the larger porch at the front of the house needed some similar work but ripping down all the trim there would end up costing me a lot of money if I had to buy enough wood to replace it all, so I cut some calculated holes in the wood so I could see behind and figure what's going on. As I expected I have beams resting in holes in the wall with air gaps all around but thankfully not as many as I feared, and I think I've found them all. So what I can do is stuff them with insulating material and then squirt foam in to make sure they are weather proof.

Along the way I found where the wires that power the porch light come out of the house. That really wasn't what I expected, and I'm trying to figure out how it's been done and expecting to find another hideous botch. At least now I know what I'm up against and when it's time to rebuild that room I've got a good idea what to expect. I'm seriously thinking about tweaking the switching - at present I've got one switch that operates one light and another switch that operates another. I'm tempted to tweak it so that both switches operate both lights. It would mean I could just get rid of the nasty cables coming out of the wall. I'd just need to figure out how to get a piece of 14/3 cable from one switch to the other.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Howdy morning all! How are ye all doing today? Today, I’ve just had leftover pizza with lemon iced tea for lunch again. Tonight, just relaxing online before hitting the bed.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Taking it easy today and might go for a short walk in the neighborhood but I had a covid test yesterday so I need to keep away from people.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Yo sup there! How’s it going so far with your day? Today, I’ve just had my 3 hours usual weekly therapy session both online and by phone. Tonight, I’m indeed really way too exhausted to do anything else but rest in bed before hitting the sack.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I got up early to do online shopping and can't check out :(

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Howdy morning all! How are you? Today, because it’s a very cold, windy, snowy, dark and gloomy day outside, just playing some games on my phone before heading to bed tonight.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Today's the day the internet installation guy is supposed to turn up at church. He was supposed to come last week but didn't show (and, needless to say, didn't bother to tell anyone he wasn't coming). This time I'm not interested in waiting at the church in the hopes he shows up, so told him to call me when he's there. I can be there within a few minutes - he can wait for me this time.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Waiting for someone to do her job from the doctor's office so my surgery can get approved. I really hate this since it's out of my control and the insurance company has been asking since Friday for the proper documents. I'm going to search for a new doctor next year...this one has really incompetent workers. Of course I'll let the doctor know why I'm leaving.

Top Bottom