... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Drilling holes, running cables, fun stuff. It's really fun because there are a couple of places where the only way I can route a cable is to go through a floor joist, under the floor, through another floor joist, and back up. So I've been doing a lot of going up and down stairs, climbing a ladder in the downstairs room to drill holes and pull/feed cable. Now I've just got one more stretch of cable to run, which is all accessible from within the room, and then they will be ready to connect to sockets and back boxes.

Once all the cables are in place I can fit the rest of the panels to the walls, remove the door and doorframe to the tiny closet that is coming out, and then figure out how to go about hanging drywall.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good morning all, had about 11 hours sleep last night, lunching out today.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I didn't sleep well and have to go to the city this afternoon. Not looking forward to driving there in the rain and then having to pay for parking because I don't have a permit to street park and kiosks are only 2 hours...I'll be there 4 and can't move my car.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
met two new clients yesterday and will be doing two school visits today with clients. It appears that it is going to be a rainy day today.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good afternoon all, having a granola yogurt and a French vanilla latte for lunch. Seeing my therapist this afternoon.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Took my wife's car in for a service, and spent several hours running errands and generally killing time.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good night all, been to therapy, on my way home, chilling online till dinner and to bed tonight.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It wasn't a very great night last night so today I'm cranky. Watch out :angry:

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Running around town(s) to pick up help. Then going to remove glue down wood flooring that has moisture damage from lack of barrier between slab and earth. So gotta remove shoe molding, baseboard, flooring and glue. Then spray slab with bleach, then seal slab with drylok extreme. After that dries I can install new vinyl plank flooring and reinstall base and shoe. Then I just have to move the homeowners belongings back into the room. Already did one room. Hoping this one goes a little faster.

Hope everyone has a good day....including lam

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not sure what to do today. Maybe a walk in the woods, or maybe some time spent attacking the slates I need to move. More rain last night, which meant more water in the room I'm working on. Thankfully there's no ceiling so it can just drip off the beams into a bucket, and there's not a huge amount of water (of course any water is too much, but it's not as if it's flooding the place), but I really want to get drywall on the ceiling so I can insulate before it gets properly cold this winter.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good afternoon all, enjoying an iced espresso cream and a hot Columbian mild roast coffee. Lunch is leftovers with Pepsi today. Binging “Meteor Garden 2018” till dinner and sleeping tonight.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Picked up another 20 rolls of fiberglass. That's always interesting - my wife takes her car as well because we can't get it all into one vehicle. Also picked up some blades for my oscillating tool because I need to cut some slate out of our roof. It's a confined space, which makes things interesting, and many obvious options don't seem to work in such a confined space. If I could secure a slate to a table I'd just hit it with my angle grinder, but can't get that into the space.

Anyway, after donning earplugs, eye protection, breathing protection, and fitting a carbide blade into my oscillating tool, I now have some nice big gaps where slates used to be. Now if the seam between the old roof and the new roof leaks I can put drip trays in the attic rather than hoping I don't get too much water into the room I'm working on. That means I can get drywall fitted to the ceiling, and then I can fit the fiberglass. If it looks like it will take longer than I'm happy with I also bought some wire hangers that I can use to support the weight of the fiberglass, pending getting my drywall fitted.

It's always nice when the water resulting from washing my hands turns from sludgy black back to clear....

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good morning all, I’ve slept about 12 hours last night, lunching out today.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Debating whether to cut some more insulation panels now I've got my slates sorted out, or go for a walk in the woods. Don't know how much longer I'll be able to do much walking with the temperatures dropping fast, but also conscious that we have dinner guests this evening and my wife wants to do some cleaning and so may not appreciate me getting dusty.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Starting some Christmas shopping this morning!

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good afternoon all, having a toffee nut iced coffee and whatever I fancy for lunch. Seeing my therapist this afternoon.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
going to be going to staff meeting in just a little while.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Starting some Christmas shopping this morning!

I would say that you're starting really early, but then remembered the whole "Men from Mars, women from Venus" thing. I can usually get to December 24th without my wife knowing whether or not I've actually done any Christmas shopping at all. Part of our annual tradition is me commenting that I'm going to give it a miss this year, and every year she gets herself bothered over whether or not this is the year I really do give it a miss, especially when we get late into December and there's no sign of me doing anything at all.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I would say that you're starting really early, but then remembered the whole "Men from Mars, women from Venus" thing. I can usually get to December 24th without my wife knowing whether or not I've actually done any Christmas shopping at all. Part of our annual tradition is me commenting that I'm going to give it a miss this year, and every year she gets herself bothered over whether or not this is the year I really do give it a miss, especially when we get late into December and there's no sign of me doing anything at all.

That's why my husband and I don't really exchange gifts. No stress.

I'm shopping early because we're going to see family before Christmas and I need to get it done.

Naiwen

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
Good night all, been to therapy, resting in bed till dinner and sleeping tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom