Should married Christians wear rings?

Dismasa

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
Do you keep engagement ring after marriage?

Woodssara

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No
Not always. I wear my wedding ring every day. My engagement ring is left in its box at home. But that is because of my work which needs my handwriting and drawing. Not very convenient if I am wearing a halo diamond ring. If it's for a date, an exhibition or a concert, I will wear it with my wedding ring.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Most people do, Dismasa.

In fact, the engagement ring and the wedding ring are usually sold as a set with the intention that the owner will wear both together as a matched set following the wedding. But of course, some people do not give or receive an engagement ring but do get a wedding ring at the time of the ceremony, so there's nothing amiss about wearing only that one.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you keep engagement ring after marriage?

Many (most?) people do. My wife wears her engagement ring, wedding ring and eternity ring all together on the same finger. I haven't worn my wedding ring for a time because it's so loose and I can't find a local jeweler I trust to resize it.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Most women do. There are some who do not wear the engagement ring due to they type of job they have.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When I was married in my 20s I wore my engagement ring and wedding ring since it was designed as a set to be worn together. I gained weight in my 30s due to a bad thyroid and then we bought a wedding band that I wore for about 10 years until I lost weight again to fit into my tiny rings. Now I wear those rings and the extra band is set aside because it's too huge. If I had to do this all over again, I'd forego the engagement ring and suggest just a pretty wedding band instead because I'm constantly bumping the diamond on the engagement ring part and worry it will knock off its setting some day.

Cyberre

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No
Yes, I keep my engagement ring and wear it with my wedding ring every day after getting married. They mean a lot to me. My love gave me the engagement ring. He chose a brand named Darry Ring that can only be customized once. He said he couldn't buy a ring for others because it only can be bought for true love. And he bought our wedding bands. I asked a craftsman to solder my two rings together to wear them together easier.

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I don't see why not :)

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
I stopped wearing my wedding ring when it got caught in the door push bar at the supermarket. I about broke my finger. It wasn't long until a couple of old maids tried to fix me up with their young widow friend. Weeks later, on another husband-hunting expedition, they asked me if I was married. After replying yes, they scolded me to no end about not wearing my ring. So even if I amputate my finger at the supermarket in days ahead, I wear it religiously.

Castle Church

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wear my ring all of the time, my wife and I did not get her a real engagement ring - so she does not have one (and never wanted one); but she does wear her wedding band every day.

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Top Bottom