Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I invite you to watch the first 12 minutes of this video and share your thoughts below. I promise it is worth watching; it is the most interesting thing I've listened to in quite a while. I was taken aback by how antithetical his views on God and religion are to what we're taught in Christianity.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
God is the one who is needy and dependent on us? God needs us more than we need Him?

This rabbi tries to tell people that we're victims because God created us.

When someone doesn't even believe that the Savior has come, of course he isn't going to have the same joyous perspective about God that Christians do. This rabbi is stating what a lot of Jews and even Christians believe, that if I'm a good boy or a good girl then God will pay me in return. But that's not what Christianity teaches at all. God provides for us. He provided the Savior because of His great love for us, not because He needs us because He loves us. There is no talk of love from God from this rabbi.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
When someone doesn't even believe that the Savior has come, of course he isn't going to have the same joyous perspective about God that Christians do.
Well, the Savior did not do any saving that we can experience. We still suffer, we still die, there's not world peace.

If He's going to do the saving when He comes a second time, why does He require belief prior to that?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Well, the Savior did not do any saving that we can experience. We still suffer, we still die, there's not world peace.

If He's going to do the saving when He comes a second time, why does He require belief prior to that?

It's true that the body you are in right now will die. But your spirit/soul will continue to live with God for all eternity because of Jesus. His resurrection shows that we will be resurrected and given new bodies.

God never promised that we wouldn't suffer here on earth.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
God never promised that we wouldn't suffer here on earth.
How can people keep saying that? What Bible are you reading? There is a plethora of promises about prosperity and protection following those who obey His commandments. Why spread that falsehood?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Because it's so.

Read Genesis, for example, and the consequences of sin in Adam and Eve's case.
I didn't deny the fact that the Bible mentions that there will be suffering in this life, but to say that God NEVER promised that we wouldn't suffer here on earth is simply false.

He promised that numerous times throughout the Bible. The truth is that, in the Bible, there are contradictory statements on whether or not we would suffer.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I didn't deny the fact that the Bible mentions that there will be suffering in this life, but to say that God NEVER promised that we wouldn't suffer here on earth is simply false.

Okay, but what's the basis for the claim that Christianity has ever taught that there will not be any suffering in this life?
He promised that numerous times throughout the Bible.

I see that you have no evidence to back up this surprising allegation.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Okay, but what's the basis for the claim that Christianity has ever taught that there will not be any suffering in this life?
I did not make that claim. If Christianity can make any truthful claim in regards to whether we would suffer or not in this life, according to the Bible, then the only claim it can make is that there are contradictory statements in regards to this topic in The Bible. There are verses that support both positions. For example: "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing." (Psalm 34:10)

I see that you have no evidence to back up this surprising allegation.

You know what? This discussion is pointless. I cannot deal with this theological views.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I did not make that claim.
Yes, you did. See the exchange between us recorded in the middle part of post #8.

You know what? This discussion is pointless.

I cannot deal with this theological views.
So it seems. And I cannot figure how anyone here would list "Eastern Orthodox" as his religious affiliation and then show virtually no familiarity with what that church teaches. Are you actually a church member?

Last edited:

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Yes, you did. See the exchange between us recorded in the middle part of post #8.
I said no such thing. I said that -- assuming that the Old Testament is inspired by God -- God promised numerous times in the Bible that those who obey His commandments would live lives with limited suffering or even no suffering at all.

You're claiming that I said that Christianity has taught that there wouldn't be any suffering in this life. I don't think that Christianity has taught that. Because most Christians (to my knowledge) refuse to accept that there are contradictory verses in the Bible. They focus on either the positive promises (and develop prosperity gospel-type messages) or on the negative ones (and develop the suffer and expect doom and gloom-type of messages). Those are branches of Christianity, so I can't say that Christianity as a whole has taught either one or the other. So, no, I made no claim that Christianity has taught that there wouldn't be any suffering in this life.

And no, I'm not a practicing Eastern-Orthodox. The Church can teach whatever it (she?) wants to teach. If it doesn't make sense to me, I won't accept it, and I don't think that any reasonable God would punish someone for their inability to understand His Will.

Last edited:

Nazareth

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Fascinating study.

I think the reactions this will generate among any who watch it all the way through will reflect on whether or not those reacting know anything about Judaism, have actually studied it, and or have actually read the Bible.

Great video. Thank you for posting 😊

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I said no such thing. I said that -- assuming that the Old Testament is inspired by God -- God promised numerous times in the Bible that those who obey His commandments would live lives with limited suffering or even no suffering at all.

I wrote "Okay, but what's the basis for the claim that Christianity has ever taught that there will not be any suffering in this life?"

And you wrote--again, it's quoted--He promised that numerous times throughout the Bible."

See the following which is taken intact from that post.

Lucian Hodoboc said:
He promised that numerous times throughout the Bible.
You are free to change your mind or statement, of course, as you did in the following reply.

You're claiming that I said that Christianity has taught that there wouldn't be any suffering in this life. I don't think that Christianity has taught that. Because most Christians (to my knowledge) refuse to accept that there are contradictory verses in the Bible. They focus on either the positive promises (and develop prosperity gospel-type messages) or on the negative ones (and develop then suffer and expect doom and gloom-type of messages). Those are branches of Christianity, so I can't say that Christianity as a whole has taught either one or the other. So, no, I made no claim that Christianity has taught that there wouldn't be any suffering in this life.

And no, I'm not a practicing Eastern-Orthodox. The Church can teach whatever it (she?) wants to teach. If it doesn't make sense to me, I won't accept it, and I don't think that any reasonable God would punish someone for their inability to understand His Will.
Thanks for the info. People are understandably confused when they read your posts and find not only disagreement with the teachings of the denomination you claim in your personal profile to be affiliated with, but, in addition, seem by your posts to also be unaware of what that church teaches. That being the case, I commend you for explaining what you did.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I wrote "Okay, but what's the basis for the claim that Christianity has ever taught that there will not be any suffering in this life?"

And you wrote--again, it's quoted--He promised that numerous times throughout the Bible."
I don't know what's making you confused. Yes, I said that He promised that. God did. In the Bible.

Christianity didn't. Some branches of Christianity do promise that, but Christianity as a whole doesn't.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
@Lamb, could you add "theist" to the list of denominations in the Admin Panel? "Deist" and "theist" are different things.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't know what's making you confused.
Hello again. :)

I'm not confused, as you can see from the reprints I posted of exactly what the comments on both sides were.

I also took note of how you changed your story after reading my replies. I am assuming that this is the one you want to stick with.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
@Lamb, could you add "theist" to the list of denominations in the Admin Panel? "Deist" and "theist" are different things.
However, that item on the personal profile refers to a religious "affiliation." It certainly suggests a formal connection.

Deism, Theism, Pantheism, etc., etc. are not organized religions or churches which a person can "affiliate" with.

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I did not make that claim. If Christianity can make any truthful claim in regards to whether we would suffer or not in this life, according to the Bible, then the only claim it can make is that there are contradictory statements in regards to this topic in The Bible. There are verses that support both positions. For example: "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing." (Psalm 34:10)

You know what? This discussion is pointless. I cannot deal with this theological views.

Kenneth Copeland? Seriously? You might as well quote Donald Duck.

Jesus told us we would face trials in this world. James told us to count it as all joy when we face trials.

Top Bottom