Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
One thing I learned is to never debate the Bible with a Jehovahs Witness rather ask them questions about the Watchtower Organization. They're not allowed to answer questions about the Org!
That's how you get them to think for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God told me to patiently instruct Jehovah's witnesses using the holy scriptures and prayer.

RichWh1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
God told me to patiently instruct Jehovah's witnesses using the holy scriptures and prayer.

That is all well and good however you first have to get them to listen to your words. They consider anyone not belonging to the WT Org members of Satan so they will not listen to you.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
That is all well and good however you first have to get them to listen to your words. They consider anyone not belonging to the WT Org members of Satan so they will not listen to you.

God told me that people who will not listen to the holy scriptures will not listen to anyone even if the one speaking rose from the dead to talk with them.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

MoreCoffee said:

MoreCoffee said:
God told me that people who will not listen to the holy scriptures will not listen to anyone even if the one speaking rose from the dead to talk with them.

Not gonna sound any better, even if you post it four times. :crazy:

Jason76

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
No
The Jehovah's seem similar to the white supremacist Christians I had met (online after they hijacked a normal Christian forum). Totally sure in that everyone not agreeing with them was deceived by Babylon. In other words, everything weird - is by logic, right - anything, wrong, is the establishment.

Last edited:

YourTruthGod

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you all think about their theology - in summary? What are some key points worth discussing?

Myself, I was one of them - all the way up to witnessing on the street. However, though, I broke eventually and now lean toward Christian Universalism (The belief all will come to Christ - even if by temporal hells.).

I think of Jehovah's Witnesses as wolves in sheep clothing.

They take away your God Jesus Christ.

They try to take away your spirit and give you a doctrine of death called 'soul sleep'.

It is strange too how when they come to your door and you tell them you are not interested they give a mean look; sometimes I thought I even saw a fang or two.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Not gonna sound any better, even if you post it four times. :crazy:

God tells me that wicked folk group together to do their wickedness. He added that when they group together it doesn't make them any wiser or better God says it makes them worse than they were when alone.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The Jehovah's seem similar to the white supremacist Christians I had met (online after they hijacked a normal Christian forum). Totally sure in that everyone not agreeing with them was deceived by Babylon. In other words, everything weird - is by logic, right - anything, wrong, is the establishment.

That is how it works with nearly every authoritarian religion that uses the techniques I mentioned before to gain and maintain control over their members. Jehovah's witnesses are not the only ones who do it. Scientology does it too, Mormons to a lesser extent, many small "christian" sects do it too.

The techniques were in this post:
What do you all think about their theology - in summary? What are some key points worth discussing?

Myself, I was one of them - all the way up to witnessing on the street. However, though, I broke eventually and now lean toward Christian Universalism (The belief all will come to Christ - even if by temporal hells.).

Some key doctrines that are worth thinking about are these.
  • new light is the leadership's way of dismissing all the terrible things that JWs do to their own members like shunning for growing a beard, dating or marrying outside of the "truth", keeping social contact with a shunned son, daughter, mother or father.
  • Loyalty to the Organisation comes first is code for demanding blind obedience to the leadership's whims and excusing their ruthless destruction of loving relationships within families.
  • Baptism into the organisation is what each witness receives rather than baptism into Christ and his body as the scriptures teach.
  • Reporting any misbehaviour seen, heard, or otherwise known to the elders is the road to relentless pressure and fear imposed on members by other members so that they will be obedient silent and compliant publishers.
  • Diminishing the role of Jesus in member's thinking and believing is how the Organisation elevates the governing body into Jehovah's sole channel of the Truth today.
  • Shunning everything that comes from apostates who are characterised as "mentally diseased" persons who lie and deceive at every opportunity is how the Organisation keeps its members ignorant of any legitimate criticism of it, its doctrines, its practises and so forth.
  • Teaching publishers to avoid worldly persons is how the Organisations cuts its members off from everyone outside of the society of witnesses.
  • Decrying education is how the Organisation keeps publishers poor, ignorant, and pliable. Education is a danger to them because educated people learn how to think critically and how to analyse evidence to reach conclusions drawn from the evidence rather than following whatever the Watchtower says no matter how silly it is.
There's a whole lot more but the tools and techniques used to control and enslave publishers is a good place to start when trying to waken the minds, hearts, and lives of Jehovah's witnesses.

Top Bottom