Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
My husband (king of the unknown) and I go to a bible group on Wednesdays night. Well this past Wednesday we were talking about Heaven and what its going to be like. My Pastor says we will get to eat at a table with Jesus and our names will be on our chair and our place setting. Then Jesus will feed us but not everyone gets the same food. Some get "baby food" and some get steak.

My Pastor says EVERYONE will have a chair and a place to eat. (believer or not) He says but only the believers will be able to have the joy to eat with Him.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
My husband (king of the unknown) and I go to a bible group on Wednesdays night. Well this past Wednesday we were talking about Heaven and what its going to be like. My Pastor says we will get to eat at a table with Jesus and our names will be on our chair and our place setting. Then Jesus will feed us but not everyone gets the same food. Some get "baby food" and some get steak.

My Pastor says EVERYONE will have a chair and a place to eat. (believer or not) He says but only the believers will be able to have the joy to eat with Him.
It would seem that in the same respect that it's not that everyone WILL have a chair and a place to eat rather that they DO have a chair and a place to eat because they are partakers of the Gifts of God's Providence.

David, out of regard to the memory of his dear friend Jonathan, and mindful of his oath to him, not only restores to his son Mephibosheth the forfeited property of Saul, and arranges for its cultivation by Ziba and his sons, but exalts Mephibosheth to the position of a constant guest at his own table, "as one of the king's sons." So Mephibosheth "did eat continually at the king's table." The circumstance may serve to remind us of the greater honour which good men enjoy. It's theirs to eat continually at the table of the King of kings.

I. THIS IS TRUE AS RESPECTS THEIR PARTICIPATION OF THE GIFTS OF GOD'S PROVIDENCE. All creatures depend upon him, and he supplies their wants (Psalm 104:27, 28; Psalm 145:15, 16). But the lower creatures partake of his bounty unconscious of the hand which feeds them. They are, in relation to God, rather like the horses in the stable, or the cattle and sheep in the fields, than the children at the table. And what these are through incapacity, ungodly people are through unbelief and forgetfulness. They live on the bounty of God, unmindful of him and unthankful. His children, however, even in the enjoyment of their daily food, "sit at his table." As he provides, so they recognize his care and bounty, and give him thanks. As he is present, so they are conscious of his presence. They regard him as presiding at their meals, and are glad to discern him so near. They ask for his blessing, and receive it. They "eat to the Lord, and give God thanks" (Romans 14:6). They satisfy their appetites and gratify their tastes as in his sight. They aim "to eat and drink... to the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31). They not only enjoy his gifts, but commune with himself. They talk with him, and he with them. Common meals thus enjoyed become as sacraments and means of grace. Let it be our endeavour to enjoy them thus more than we have done.

http://biblehub.com/sermons/auth/wood/eating_at_the_king's_table.htm

He lets the rain fall on the good and the evil.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Krissy, what verse did your pastor use to back up his claim about eating?

I see in scripture that there will be food available Rev. 22:2, but also scripture states will we not hunger Rev. 7:16.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Some things are not specifically addressed and it sounds like this Pastor came up with something he envisioned it would be like. His envision doesn't sound harmonious with how I envision it. I would take this with a grain of salt.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Marriage supper of the Lamb maybe?

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Krissy, what verse did your pastor use to back up his claim about eating?

I see in scripture that there will be food available Rev. 22:2, but also scripture states will we not hunger Rev. 7:16.

Some things are not specifically addressed and it sounds like this Pastor came up with something he envisioned it would be like. His envision doesn't sound harmonious with how I envision it. I would take this with a grain of salt.

He stated we are not there to eat cause we are hungry we are there to eat and be merry with Jesus and be in Jesus' presents.

Soak up Jesus! :wub:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I like that

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
He stated we are not there to eat cause we are hungry we are there to eat and be merry with Jesus and be in Jesus' presents.

Soak up Jesus! :wub:
Well, I do picture my "hunger' being different. I do see myself eating and fellow shipping at the Wedding Supper table. So I kinda agree with Him. The focus is not one the food per say. It is on Him. Since we have only 10% of what God created left on this earth, I can imagine that we will be offered Garden of Eden produce so delicious that it will be a delight beyond our imaginations to partake of.

Cassia

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

Sounds to me like he is teaching universalism as in everyone will be saved.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sounds to me like he is teaching universalism as in everyone will be saved.

That was my thought, if he is teaching that all Christians will have a place to eat that's one thing but if he's teaching that everyone, Christian or otherwise, will have a place that doesn't sit very well with Matt 7:21-23, Matt 25:46, Rev 20:15 etc.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
or with me thta is a totally false teaching that should never be given any place at all

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Lets me clarify, not everyone will be going to Heaven. God still makes a place for everyone. He prepares for everyone to come even if they don't actually get there.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think we will be surprised at how many are not there

Top Bottom