... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
As I said before, every Pentecostal seems to insist that such things have happened or that someone else has seen it happen, but of course they themselves have not witnessed it. Why is that, do you think?

Partly this kind of thing will come back to the immediacy of the situation. If you read the story of the lame man in Acts 3 on an internet forum would you believe it? I wouldn't necessarily believe it myself, I'd want more to go on. That's because we all know some stuff on the internet is fabricated. But if you were there and saw it for yourself, you wouldn't care if people on the internet believed it.

I've never seen limbs grow back. I have seen a man with advanced cancer and major bowel perforations in the ICU, so close to death that his family were called, make a recovery that could only be described as miraculous - not only did the perforations apparently close up but the cancer apparently disappeared. I saw it for myself - the man was a good friend of mine - so I believe what I saw. Anyone wanting proof is going to be out of luck because I don't have anything to show them.

Another kicker is that my faith in God, my faith in God's power to heal, is unaffected by whether or not I believe this or that account of Someone Else being healed. I believe God can heal, I believe God does heal (just not all the time, as some pentecostals would have us believe), and that doesn't change based on an account of a time God allegedly did or didn't heal someone I don't know in a way I didn't see.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's pretty much what it sounds like, healing by occult power rather than God's power.
Ok, yeah my friends were into witchcraft and I respected their "religion" as they call it but I always figured it was make believe, I really believed they just lied and conspired to get what they wanted. As for healing they were more into cursing people and it never worked lol these people believed they could order their future, God came and took them into the Lords house yay!
My ex went to indonesia and she started teaching others about how witch doctors scammed them and gave them a more holistic approach, she has claimed to heal the crippled by her school taught methods (she actually has testimony and documents) but she was a gypsy and not a Christian so I guess that would be considered "occult healing" but her class was on "Holistic healing"

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ok, yeah my friends were into witchcraft and I respected their "religion" as they call it but I always figured it was make believe, I really believed they just lied and conspired to get what they wanted. As for healing they were more into cursing people and it never worked lol these people believed they could order their future, God came and took them into the Lords house yay!
My ex went to indonesia and she started teaching others about how witch doctors scammed them and gave them a more holistic approach, she has claimed to heal the crippled by her school taught methods (she actually has testimony and documents) but she was a gypsy and not a Christian so I guess that would be considered "occult healing" but her class was on "Holistic healing"

There's a lot of phony stuff there too but also a lot of real stuff. A couple of times I healed people when I was into that sort of thing. Nothing hugely significant but then when I was into that sort of thing I wasn't about healing much.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
There's a lot of phony stuff there too but also a lot of real stuff. A couple of times I healed people when I was into that sort of thing. Nothing hugely significant but then when I was into that sort of thing I wasn't about healing much.
When he converted he said that Satan was mad at him because he had won many souls over for him so Im sure he was deep into the real stuff im just glad I never witnessed any of it, he told me that he had conversations with spirits that were manifested in his room thats when it started to creep me out

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
When he converted he said that Satan was mad at him because he had won many souls over for him so Im sure he was deep into the real stuff im just glad I never witnessed any of it, he told me that he had conversations with spirits that were manifested in his room thats when it started to creep me out

It can do that. I knew a couple of people who got freaked out early on and ran away. For some reason for me the creepy stuff became ever-more attractive. Now I'm glad I'm well out of it.

Top Bottom