Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Due to my carelessness my body has accumulated unnecessary fats. Flabby arms, tube like stomach :D and chest fat. I am doing workout for 1 hour with varies workout involved. Should my workout be different everyday or should it be the same for months to reduce fat?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The first thing to do is watch what you're eating. If it's not going in you don't have to burn it off.

Be aware of how many calories you're actually burning when you exercise. I've seen some equipment give terrifyingly high estimates of how many calories a workout burned, and anyone using them as a basis for figuring what they might be able to have afterwards is likely to gain weight. I remember a friend of mine posted a workout where she'd cycled something like 8 miles with a calorie burn of over 1200. Given her size, pace and terrain the chances are she burned no more than 300. Had she thought she burned 1200 and enjoyed a reward containing 400 she'd have thought she was net 800 calories down when actually she would have been net 100 calories up.

As far as workout goes a lot will depend on what you have available. I like exercises I can do at home so I don't have to go to the gym - it's a hassle driving out there, getting changed and driving home and to be honest I don't care much for walking on a treadmill surrounded by other people walking on treadmills. I'd much rather take a walk locally, or do exercises using my own body weight rather than waiting to use lumps of iron.

Another thing to remember is that it didn't go on overnight and it won't come off overnight. You can lose weight really fast if you're prepared to take very drastic measures but those drastic measures are likely to be really bad for you and you probably won't keep the weight off. Small incremental lifestyle changes are often the best way - the weight might come off a little slower now but it's more likely to stay off and you won't struggle so much with gaining weight in the winter months when it's harder to get out and exercise.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Due to my carelessness my body has accumulated unnecessary fats. Flabby arms, tube like stomach :D and chest fat. I am doing workout for 1 hour with varies workout involved. Should my workout be different everyday or should it be the same for months to reduce fat?
I think it is definitely a good idea to cross train. Your body adapts when you do the same exercises all the time. By changing it up your introducing new muscles and keeping things fresh and new. Are you using machines or body weight exercises? Are you doing any cardio? The gyms are all closed here due to covid19 so that is not an option here

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Our bodies easily adapt to our workouts and then you don't end up burning as many calories. So doing different types of workouts and focusing on different areas is definitely a must. Adding weight training could help too because it will tone you even though it won't show on the scale that you've lost pounds.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Our bodies easily adapt to our workouts and then you don't end up burning as many calories. So doing different types of workouts and focusing on different areas is definitely a must. Adding weight training could help too because it will tone you even though it won't show on the scale that you've lost pounds.
Weight training could actually increase his weight because muscle weighs more than fat.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Weight training could actually increase his weight because muscle weighs more than fat.

Any form of training can do that. The thread is about reducing body fat rather than specifically reducing weight.

Years ago when I took up a training regime for the first time in a while I think I lost four inches from my waist before the scale registered any change at all. I was burning off a lot of fat but laying down muscle to replace it. I was getting smaller but not losing weight. Then the muscle gain slowed and my weight started to drop quite fast until it stabilised about 40 pounds down, then dropped slowly for a while longer.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I walk every day and do 10,000 steps. The hilly areas where I live are perfect for a hard workout and my legs and stomach have really changed for the better this past year even though I weigh exactly the same.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Since I started really pushing myself when out walking my pace has increased significantly. It doesn't seem like that long ago I was aiming to maintain a 15-minute mile pace over a sustained distance. Now when I push it I can hold closer to 12-minute miles. I can't go sub-12 minutes for any great distance yet - I think my fastest recorded mile walking was 11:56 - maybe that will come later.

When the weather decides whether it's going to be warm or cold I may try jogging parts of my routes. I can only take steps so fast when walking. My Fitbit clocked 2100 steps in 15 minutes when I was pushing myself hard round one of my loops.

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think it is definitely a good idea to cross train. Your body adapts when you do the same exercises all the time. By changing it up your introducing new muscles and keeping things fresh and new. Are you using machines or body weight exercises? Are you doing any cardio? The gyms are all closed here due to covid19 so that is not an option here

I do exercises at home and i don't hit the gym. I have a dumbbell set and i use it to do some exercises.

Thank you all for the advice, i will consider the points and do some proper workout and mind my food.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I do exercises at home and i don't hit the gym. I have a dumbbell set and i use it to do some exercises.

Thank you all for the advice, i will consider the points and do some proper workout and mind my food.

Work on getting disciplined to do it every day! Well, you might need a day of rest if you work out hard. Do you do a combo of aerobic and weight training then?

Jason

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
@Lämmchen Yes i do a combo of aerobic and weight training but now i stopped exercising for few days. Maybe later i will start again..Lost Interest :D

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
@Lämmchen Yes i do a combo of aerobic and weight training but now i stopped exercising for few days. Maybe later i will start again..Lost Interest :D

Aw, don't lose interest. Keep the momentum going since you've been doing so well.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Nothing wrong with taking a break, as long as the break doesn't become too permanent.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There are times when I take a day of rest but no more than that. Forcing yourself into discipline is a good thing and you'll be happy you did it later on even though it's annoying at first!

overcast

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I have to agree with some of the comments here. Conscious eating is the way to handle the fat in the body. And also more you move and engage yourself in the activity the better. Constant use of the computers and sitting for hours in a chair. That definitely takes a toll on your body. I'd recommend yo to also do the Yoga and also work with the stair case as much as you can.

Top Bottom