1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
You answered nothing.

Is the New Covenant discussed in the New Testament as compared to the Old Covenant?

(Eph. 1:10) shows time is invovled. (Gal. 4:4) shows time is involved.

(Eph. 3:2) shows that time is invovled as Paul is given a new Gospel. "Which in other ages was not made known"

Does your Bible consist of the Old and New Testament. Concerning the time from Adam's creation to the fall, were things different then after the fall? Was God's relationship to Adam different before the fall then after the fall? After the fall, yet prior to the Mosaic Law, what wqas God's relation like with man? See (Rom. 5:13) and (Acts 17:29-30)

In other words you answered nothing. You just gave some general statement. How embarassing.

Lees
You assume your interpretations are correct. And assume mine are not. All are based on your twisted definition of the word "dispensation". Scripture never mentions your seven "dispensations" that ignore the fact Adam failed humanities' test, once and for all.

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
While we are on the topic of Dispensationalism, I will share a rare insight into how Hal Lindsey chops up the Bible to make it fit today's headlines. Mind you, he made millions seducing the masses using this technique. A quote from his book "The Late Great Planet Earth".

Says Lindsey; "The prophecies can be pieced together to make a coherent picture, even though the pieces are scattered in small bits throughout the Old and New Testaments.

Hal Lindsey," 'The Late Great Planet Earth 1970 (Chapter 4) *Paradigms of Paranoia: The Culture of Conspiracy By Samuel Chase Coale

Says Irenaeus about the same heretics of old; "Then, again, collecting a set of expressions and names scattered here and there [in Scripture], they twist them, as we have already said, from a natural to a non-natural sense." Irenaeus, Heresies, I.IX.4 Irenaeus of Lyons, Against Heresies / Adversus Haereses, Book 1 (Roberts-Donaldson translation)

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
You assume your interpretations are correct. And assume mine are not. All are based on your twisted definition of the word "dispensation". Scripture never mentions your seven "dispensations" that ignore the fact Adam failed humanities' test, once and for all.

I haven't seen anything on your part to convince me anything is wrong with Dispensationalism. And, I never said there were 7 dispensations. I have simply shown there are dispensations and the word 'dispensation' in the Bible speaks to time also.

Holding to less than 7 dispensations still makes one a dispensationalist. Which is why I say if you have an Old and New Testament in your Bible, you are a dispensationalist. Which is why you and others avoid my questions.

The fact that Adam fell proves nothing against dispensationalism.

Lees

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
I haven't seen anything on your part to convince me anything is wrong with Dispensationalism. And, I never said there were 7 dispensations. I have simply shown there are dispensations and the word 'dispensation' in the Bible speaks to time also.

Holding to less than 7 dispensations still makes one a dispensationalist. Which is why I say if you have an Old and New Testament in your Bible, you are a dispensationalist. Which is why you and others avoid my questions.

The fact that Adam fell proves nothing against dispensationalism.

Lees
Do I know more about Dispensationalism than you? As bold as you are, I hope not. See this for an upgrade.

What are the seven dispensations? What are the seven dispensations? | GotQuestions.org

How can Dispensationalism be true if scripture never mentions it? Only by twisting and regrouping scripture Hal Lindsey style can you attempt to promote this deceptive doctrine. Remember Larkin said the Jesuits meant to deceive Protestants by it. You cannot do this by telling the truth.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lees
You've simply created your own personal definition of "Dispensationalism," then. But you haven't admitted to it until well into the discussion.

IMHO, that's a routine that should be avoided.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Do I know more about Dispensationalism than you? As bold as you are, I hope not. See this for an upgrade.

What are the seven dispensations? What are the seven dispensations? | GotQuestions.org

How can Dispensationalism be true if scripture never mentions it? Only by twisting and regrouping scripture Hal Lindsey style can you attempt to promote this deceptive doctrine. Remember Larkin said the Jesuits meant to deceive Protestants by it. You cannot do this by telling the truth.

Well, you claim to.

Again, one doesn't have to hold to 7 dispensations to be a dispensationalist. One just has to hold to the truth of dispensations as taught in the Bible.

Scripture does mention it. I showed you already in post #(72). Which you, in your reply, ignored. Same with post #(76). Same with post #(80). You didn't address what I said. You didn't address the questions I asked.

You accuse, but have not and cannot support your accusations against Dispensationalism.

Lees

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
You've simply created your own personal definition of "Dispensationalism," then. But you haven't admitted to it until well into the discussion.

IMHO, that's a routine that should be avoided.

Another empty accusation. OK.

Tell me what Dispensationalsim is. Then tell me how I have created my own personal definition.

Lees

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
Well, you claim to.

Again, one doesn't have to hold to 7 dispensations to be a dispensationalist. One just has to hold to the truth of dispensations as taught in the Bible.

Scripture does mention it. I showed you already in post #(72). Which you, in your reply, ignored. Same with post #(76). Same with post #(80). You didn't address what I said. You didn't address the questions I asked.

You accuse, but have not and cannot support your accusations against Dispensationalism.

Lees
The Jesuits meant for Dispensationalism to deceive you. Did it work? Are you living proof? It took years of study to reclaim my life from it. So I'm more familiar with it than most.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
The Jesuits meant for Dispensationalism to deceive you. Did it work? Are you living proof? It took years of study to reclaim my life from it. So I'm more familiar with it than most.

Oh please quit your crying.

The Jesuits didn't originate Dispensatinalism. Dispensationalsim is rooted in the Bible.

"Years of study"? What did you study? Who were your teachers? Did they charge you? I hope not.

Lees

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
Oh please quit your crying.

The Jesuits didn't originate Dispensatinalism. Dispensationalsim is rooted in the Bible.

"Years of study"? What did you study? Who were your teachers? Did they charge you? I hope not.

Lees
Dispensationalism did not exist until the 1800s. So you think you know more than the entire church ever did? Have you ever read Scofield's notes? It is clear he teaches damnable heresies from the start.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Tell me what Dispensationalsim is. Then tell me how I have created my own personal definition.

Lees
You said that you covered this in posts 72, 76, and 80 and criticized everyone who didn't reply. The reason they didn't respond is because you didn't do the first thing in any of those posts to explain "Dispensationalism."

There is such a viewpoint about the Bible that has been attractive to a minority of Christians in recent history, but you didn't do anything except point out that the passage of time is referred to in the Bible and then tried to pass that off as "Dispensationalism!"

(Eph. 1:10) shows time is invovled.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Dispensationalism did not exist until the 1800s. So you think you know more than the entire church ever did? Have you ever read Scofield's notes? It is clear he teaches damnable heresies from the start.

As a theological doctrinal system, yes. It would be in Darbys day and through much of his work.

But Dispensationalism is rooted in the Bible.

"damnable heresies"?

Lees

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
You said that you covered this in posts 72, 76, and 80 and criticized everyone who didn't reply. The reason they didn't respond is because you didn't do the first thing in any of those posts to explain "Dispensationalism."

There is such a viewpoint about the Bible that has been attractive to a minority of Christians in recent history, but you didn't do anything except point out that the passage of time is referred to in the Bible and then tried to pass that off as "Dispensationalism!"

It is already agreed that a Dispensation is a 'stewardship'. A responsibility.

What isn't agreed on is that a Dispensation involves time. And in the posts you mention I show that time is a factor.

So, you tell me what Dispensationalism is and how I have created my own personal definition.

Lees

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
It is already agreed that a Dispensation is a 'stewardship'. A responsibility.

What isn't agreed on is that a Dispensation involves time. And in the posts you mention I show that time is a factor.

So, you tell me what Dispensationalism is and how I have created my own personal definition.

Lees
Dispensationalists teach 7 Dispensations (epochs of time) where God tests people. However, a soap dispenser would come closer to defining the word Dispensation. Vending machines Dispense product. Paul used the word as he dispensed the Gospel, or undertook the dispensation of the Gospel.

Dispensation = 42.25 οἰκονομίαa, ας f : a task involving management and organization—‘task, commission, responsibility.’ εἰ δὲ ἄκων, οἰκονομίαν πεπίστευμαι ‘but if not of my own will, I have been entrusted with a responsibility’ or ‘but since I have not chosen it, I do it as a task entrusted to me’ or ‘I do it as a matter of duty, because God has entrusted me with this task’ 1 Cor 9:17.1

f f feminine

1 Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 512). New York: United Bible Societies.

“For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.” 1 Corinthians 9:17 (KJV 1900)

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Dispensationalists teach 7 Dispensations (epochs of time) where God tests people. However, a soap dispenser would come closer to defining the word Dispensation. Vending machines Dispense product. Paul used the word as he dispensed the Gospel, or undertook the dispensation of the Gospel.

Dispensation = 42.25 οἰκονομίαa, ας f : a task involving management and organization—‘task, commission, responsibility.’ εἰ δὲ ἄκων, οἰκονομίαν πεπίστευμαι ‘but if not of my own will, I have been entrusted with a responsibility’ or ‘but since I have not chosen it, I do it as a task entrusted to me’ or ‘I do it as a matter of duty, because God has entrusted me with this task’ 1 Cor 9:17.1

f f feminine

1 Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 512). New York: United Bible Societies.

“For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.” 1 Corinthians 9:17 (KJV 1900)

Seven is the most commonly held number. But some disagree. As I said, you don't have to hold to 7 to be a dispensatinalist.

I just said that a dispensation is a stewardship. But God administers that stewardship through various periods of time. See (Eph. 3:1-5)

What was the dispensation Adam and Eve were under?

What was the dispensation mankind was under after Adam fell?

What was the dispensation Israel was under when God created her a nation?

What is the dispensation the Church is under? (Eph. 3:1-5)

Lees

1689Dave

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No
Seven is the most commonly held number. But some disagree. As I said, you don't have to hold to 7 to be a dispensatinalist.

I just said that a dispensation is a stewardship. But God administers that stewardship through various periods of time. See (Eph. 3:1-5)

What was the dispensation Adam and Eve were under?

What was the dispensation mankind was under after Adam fell?

What was the dispensation Israel was under when God created her a nation?

What is the dispensation the Church is under? (Eph. 3:1-5)

Lees
You must not understand Dispensationalism according to what you say. You claim the Bible teaches what it does not. And are adding to God's word. A soap dispenser is a perfect example of Paul's use of the word. The Jesuits meant to deceive you according to Larkin. Did it work?

Top Bottom