Dating outside your race

Spikey

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Have you ever or are currently dating/married to someone that is not the same race as you?

I always find it romantic seeing an inter-racial couple. Currently im happily with my girlfriend who is Filipino/ Asian and I'm white.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No.

I have no moral "issue" with it..... and among my friends are several "inter-racial" couples.... I see nothing good or bad about that.... but the love of my life is of the same race as I.

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't see anything particularly noteworthy about inter-racial groupings either way.

I know a few people who have dated and married outside their race. I've known a few people over the years who have adopted children of different races. The only concern I'd have, and it's obviously not my choice what other people do, is making sure that kids don't get caught up in a maelstrom of racial issues of someone else's making. I remember during my school days there was a kid in my class who was mixed race and he got a lot of abuse for it. These days there's a lot less tolerance for that sort of thing but, let's face it, bullies don't typically wait for a group of witnesses before picking on someone for the most arbitrary of reasons.

Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I was once dating a guy whose father was Cuban and his mother was Filipino. After we had been dating for a few months, his parents invited us over for dinner. This would be the first and last time I would meet them. His mother told him (in front of me) that if he ever married me that she would disown him. He was very close with his family and I decided the best thing for both of us would be 'just friends'. He didn't like it at first but respect what I said and we stopped dating.

We remained friends until he moved back to Guam (his home country). Lost track of him after that.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I've dated a few hispanic girls and they were very family oriented and I admired their culture :)

Member4592

I've dated both Asian and Hispanic women. My ex wife had some percentage of Native American, she believed it was Cherokee. Neither relationships or my marriage were successful.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
There is presently extant only one human race---- it is known as "homo sapiens sapiens" or simply "the human race". The last two now extinct races were Neandertal Man and Flores Man.

Czech Pilsner

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
It's really gross for me. Sorry. I only like girls of my race (white).

Especially blue eyes are attractive... 🥰

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I’m half Mexican/Hispanic consisting of 21% Native American and half Caucasian (born and raised in the U.S.) and my wife is half African and half Caucasian from Colombia so she’s culturally Latino.

Bluezone777

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The thing about dating outside of your race is that you oftentimes also are dating outside your culture and that can bring with it many problems some of which unfortunately can't be overcome so keep that in mind when you decide to do that but if both are willing to take on all that comes with you two dating then I say go for it if you want to.

Top Bottom