Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I have been having neck pain and tingling in my neck for the last week. I would appreciate your prayers for me

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Praying for you!!

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

David Crosby

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Married
Had the surgery back in 98.
Keeping in prayers.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thanks, I contacted my doctor online and he sent in a prescription for pain for me, so hopefully it will help. Sometimes they have prescribed steroids which I shouldn't really take because it raises my blood sugar and I am diabetic.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Are there any exercises you can do to help along with the meds?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Are there any exercises you can do to help along with the meds?

They haven't given me any to do. I just alternate putting ice and heat on it and take aleve or something similiar now.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
About 9 years ago, I had a herniated disk between C6 and C7, which was pinching my ulnar nerve on my left side which resulted in a great deal of pain and numbness down the outer side of my left arm. I felt like I had a metal spike driven through my left shoulder, elbow and wrist. My left hand had very little grip as the muscles in my forearm were very weak.

I was prescribed pain meds and muscle relaxers which really helped initially, and then I had to do physical therapy and a set of exercises for several months, and I was able to make a full recovery.

However, I have to be kind of careful now...for example last summer I used a pressure washer to clean the outside of my mother's house which involved me looking up for extended periods of time (which put compression on that disk), and the next day I could tell I had aggravated it. So, I avoid doing things that make me look up like that if at all possible.

I wish you well, and hope you are able to fully recover. :)

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
About 9 years ago, I had a herniated disk between C6 and C7, which was pinching my ulnar nerve on my left side which resulted in a great deal of pain and numbness down the outer side of my left arm. I felt like I had a metal spike driven through my left shoulder, elbow and wrist. My left hand had very little grip as the muscles in my forearm were very weak.

I was prescribed pain meds and muscle relaxers which really helped initially, and then I had to do physical therapy and a set of exercises for several months, and I was able to make a full recovery.

However, I have to be kind of careful now...for example last summer I used a pressure washer to clean the outside of my mother's house which involved me looking up for extended periods of time (which put compression on that disk), and the next day I could tell I had aggravated it. So, I avoid doing things that make me look up like that if at all possible.

I wish you well, and hope you are able to fully recover. :)

I originally hurt myself in 2014 and the nerve was pinched. It caused horrible pain. I was doing some floor exercises a few months ago and I think that is when the most recent pain started. Doing things like crunches and sit ups. The tingling sensation is new however, just in the last week. The doctor wants me to try neurotin, which I tried before and it didn't work.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Health.... like most things.... seems to be something we take for granted until even a bit of it is lacking. I am among those who need to keep that clearly, clearly in mind.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
As a Chiropractor, I have dealt with many pinched nerves and bulging discs. A little back ground on the bulging disc. Discs have no direct blood supply. They get their nutrition through motion via osmosis. When a joint locks up, as in this case in the neck, the disc gets nothing but compression because of the flow of fluid through the disc to keep it built up. It is like a tire going flat, and you recognize that by the side wall bulge as it deflates. Same with the disc, as it decreases in joint space, it also is tending towards bulging. So to reverse this there are two things that needs to happen. First is get the joint mobilized, and the second is to stretch the neck to increase the flow of fluid/nutritants into the disc. The first is what I do, the second is what I order so that you do stretch the joint as an home traction exercise.

https://www.amazon.com/Over-Door-Tr...5&sr=8-2&keywords=over+the+door+neck+traction

https://www.amazon.com/Posture-Exce...qid=1470993310&sr=8-20&keywords=neck+traction

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Bobs-Port...qid=1470992947&sr=8-22&keywords=neck+traction

Any of these, will be dependent upon if there is a lose of neck curvature and which disc is effected. If you lived closer, I would suggest you come visit me. Hope that helps.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I have been having neck pain and tingling in my neck for the last week. I would appreciate your prayers for me

How are you feeling?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
How are you feeling?
I decided not to take the neurotic the doctor prescribed because it didn't work last time. I'm just going to give it more time to heal

Top Bottom