Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This was addressed from his home yesterday (July 20th) and the only clip I have is from facebook so I won't bother trying to post it.
It went something like "I want the schools to teach the faith of Islam" and then he went on blabbering about Trumps Muslim ban and yadda yadda.. So... Should we pursue an Islamic Church State here in America?
I mean we do already teach the arabic numeral system ;)

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
50c33331ff8f52e0b4895087f0d9ab7a.jpg

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This was addressed from his home yesterday (July 20th) and the only clip I have is from facebook so I won't bother trying to post it.
It went something like "I want the schools to teach the faith of Islam" and then he went on blabbering about Trumps Muslim ban and yadda yadda.. So... Should we pursue an Islamic Church State here in America?
I mean we do already teach the arabic numeral system ;)

I started another thread on this in the News forum but I think the question you're asking is a different direction. I was more appalled that he would be okay with any religion being taught in schools but if Christianity were taught there would be an uproar!! Christianity just isn't allowed in public schools. So why is that okay is my question.

Biden is pandering to Muslims to get their vote making them think he really cares about their religion. I would hope that if he wins that our children aren't forced to learn about other religions without the parents being present to discuss as well. Who knows what they would be teaching them???? A little leaven goes a long way :(

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Biden is pandering to Muslims to get their vote

I sincerely HOPE that's all it is.....

Biden (who USE to boast about being a "devout Catholic" but note his voting record, his "180" on abortion, his vote for judges) is SADLY like too many politicians - nothing matters other than personal power. He'll throw anything and anyone under the bus if it improves his chances of winning. Ain't especially picking on him, it's a cancer common in politicians, but it causes me to think he cares no more for the Islamic faith or Muslim people than he does Christianity and Christians, he cares about self and personal power. At least I hope that's all it is.

I'm sure if it's asked about it, he won't remember saying it (and I wouldn't doubt that). Or will just lie and insist he never said it. Unless he is asked by Muslims.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It sounds much like the standard banner from companies gushing about how they support everyone. You know, the kind of thing that reads something like this:

We at (brand) are proud of the contribution made to (our industry) by members of (today's preferred group). We won't name any contributions because then we couldn't re-use the press release for a different preferred group tomorrow. We are proud to stand alongside them and support them. Please buy our products so we can continue to support (today's preferred group).

Then you can just drop in your own brand name and the preferred group can be black people, brown people, QUILTBAG people, whatever you want. You just need a different color scheme for your announcement and you get to be all-inclusive. Except for white people. And Christians. They never contributed much to anything.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I started another thread on this in the News forum but I think the question you're asking is a different direction. I was more appalled that he would be okay with any religion being taught in schools but if Christianity were taught there would be an uproar!! Christianity just isn't allowed in public schools. So why is that okay is my question.

Biden is pandering to Muslims to get their vote making them think he really cares about their religion. I would hope that if he wins that our children aren't forced to learn about other religions without the parents being present to discuss as well. Who knows what they would be teaching them???? A little leaven goes a long way :(

Strange I didn't see it in my feed at first :/
Yeah I doubt if he gets elected that he would actually get this passed, separation of Church and State

Lord Saru

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes
American form of secularism is basically based on the fact that in no terms should the state be linked to religion. This is called scientific secularism as opposed to the concept of positive secularism which means that the state should not have an official religion but it should patronize all religions equally.

So, going by the constitutional ethos of te USA, the state should neither teach christianity nor islam. However, it can teach the meaning of faith as opposed to absolutism no prevent religious polarization.

This is just me and my random thoughts.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...den-wished-students-studied-theology-includi/. Biden said he wanted to see schools teach about all the major faiths. The quote left out "about", as well as other context, giving the impression that schools should try to turn kids into Muslims, rather than making sure that they know enough about religions to be able to make sense of the world. Surely given the current world, students need to know what Islam is about, and what the major divisions in it are.

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...den-wished-students-studied-theology-includi/. Biden said he wanted to see schools teach about all the major faiths. The quote left out "about", as well as other context, giving the impression that schools should try to turn kids into Muslims, rather than making sure that they know enough about religions to be able to make sense of the world. Surely given the current world, students need to know what Islam is about, and what the major divisions in it are.
"Confessional faiths" but he headlines Islam and goes on about a "muslim ban" which never occured..

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
"Confessional faiths" but he headlines Islam and goes on about a "muslim ban" which never occured..
Surely Muslims are particularly important for current events.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No

In Canada a large number of high schools and all universities have courses in "comparative religion" in which the history and content of the major faiths is examined objectively. No attempt is made at proselytizing or conversion. A great many people today would benefit from taking such a course because there is so much misinformation and outright lies being spread by ignorant and/or completely biased people.

Member4592

That was an incorrect rumor that was started on social media. If you look it up on Google, the media and news is saying that the rumor is a lie. Don't trust everything you hear on Facebook.

Missing context. Joe Biden said schools should teach more about the “confessional faiths” but did not imply the U.S. should substitute the teachings of one religion over another. The posts on social media misrepresent his remarks.

An alleged quote by US Democratic Presidential Candidate for 2020 Joe Biden has been going viral claiming he said he wanted ‘American schools to teach Islam’.

However, we found that social media users relied on an edited clip to make that claim. What Biden had actually said was, “I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith. I wish we talked about all the great confessional faiths”.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That was an incorrect rumor that was started on social media. If you look it up on Google, the media and news is saying that the rumor is a lie. Don't trust everything you hear on Facebook.

You misunderstand why Christians are appalled by what he said. It's not a lie that he said, ""I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith." because that's a quote said by him.

Here's what we don't like about the quote...that a Christian would even put on par another religion when we believe that all religions except Christianity are false.

Member4592

You misunderstand why Christians are appalled by what he said. It's not a lie that he said, ""I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith." because that's a quote said by him.

Here's what we don't like about the quote...that a Christian would even put on par another religion when we believe that all religions except Christianity are false.

Then you don't know Biden very well. I think you guys misunderstood him. You should just turn the other cheek. He didn't mean it. He has no intention of backing a 4th of what he says. He was just caught up in another one of his lies. He's a politician and what do most politician's do? *hint* *hint* That's right, his job is to bulls**t the public. He's been doing it for years before, during, and after Obama left office. Now he's in office. Some people buy it hook, line, and sinker. He'll say anything about anything. How do you think he won the election? Telling the truth?

and here we have Biden telling the truth.....wait no. Nvm.

Last edited:

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Plenty of high schools that I am aware of offer a survey course in "World Religions" usually as an elective. Such a course attempts to examine the major faiths and/or denominations with the objective of outlining the beliefs and practices of each. This is a difficult course to teach because the teacher must avoid any hint of bias or prejudice --- the students themselves will provide plenty of that and that too must be kept under strict control. Such courses are valuable because we see so much ignorance of these different faiths. In forums like this one I regularly see people spout about the beliefs and practices of certain groups when it is obvious that have a great deal of it dead wrong.

Member4592

In forums like this one I regularly see people spout about the beliefs and practices of certain groups when it is obvious that have a great deal of it dead wrong.

There's a lot of know it all's out when it comes down to religion. I saw it too in Catholic school and some church my mother dragged me off too for a while until she realized that I didn't believe in god and then later on she realized she couldn't make me believe or practice her religion. A lot of people don't realize this. But they'd actually benefit more from living an non religious lifestyle and not trying to pull the religious card. At least with atheism you don't need a Bible, Quran, or a Prose Edda to learn anything about fictional deitie(s).

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Religion is important to understanding world events. It’s also important to many fellow Americans. We should have basic knowledge of major religions.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Religion is important to understanding world events. It’s also important to many fellow Americans. We should have basic knowledge of major religions.

It's good to know at least the basics of what major faiths believe and the differences between major branches of those faiths. I remember in years gone by the number of times people would say things to me like "witches worship the devil, right?" and then wonder why I didn't take them seriously after that.

Member4592

It's good to know at least the basics of what major faiths believe and the differences between major branches of those faiths. I remember in years gone by the number of times people would say things to me like "witches worship the devil, right?" and then wonder why I didn't take them seriously after that.
I don't know about you. But theres a lot of Bible nuts in my town that are crazy that I can't take seriously. The world would be a better place without religion. Just bulldoze it all. I'd love to see the look on their face when they all realize they were duped into believing in lies.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't know about you. But theres a lot of Bible nuts in my town that are crazy that I can't take seriously. The world would be a better place without religion. Just bulldoze it all. I'd love to see the look on their face when they all realize they were duped into believing in lies.

I'm sure you won't be surprised that I disagree with most of this post, even if I do agree that some people who at least notionally follow the Bible are hard to take seriously.

Top Bottom