Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This was addressed from his home yesterday (July 20th) and the only clip I have is from facebook so I won't bother trying to post it.
It went something like "I want the schools to teach the faith of Islam" and then he went on blabbering about Trumps Muslim ban and yadda yadda.. So... Should we pursue an Islamic Church State here in America?
I mean we do already teach the arabic numeral system ;)

Andrew

Site Mentor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Lämmchen

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
This was addressed from his home yesterday (July 20th) and the only clip I have is from facebook so I won't bother trying to post it.
It went something like "I want the schools to teach the faith of Islam" and then he went on blabbering about Trumps Muslim ban and yadda yadda.. So... Should we pursue an Islamic Church State here in America?
I mean we do already teach the arabic numeral system ;)
I started another thread on this in the News forum but I think the question you're asking is a different direction. I was more appalled that he would be okay with any religion being taught in schools but if Christianity were taught there would be an uproar!! Christianity just isn't allowed in public schools. So why is that okay is my question.

Biden is pandering to Muslims to get their vote making them think he really cares about their religion. I would hope that if he wins that our children aren't forced to learn about other religions without the parents being present to discuss as well. Who knows what they would be teaching them???? A little leaven goes a long way :(

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Biden is pandering to Muslims to get their vote

I sincerely HOPE that's all it is.....

Biden (who USE to boast about being a "devout Catholic" but note his voting record, his "180" on abortion, his vote for judges) is SADLY like too many politicians - nothing matters other than personal power. He'll throw anything and anyone under the bus if it improves his chances of winning. Ain't especially picking on him, it's a cancer common in politicians, but it causes me to think he cares no more for the Islamic faith or Muslim people than he does Christianity and Christians, he cares about self and personal power. At least I hope that's all it is.

I'm sure if it's asked about it, he won't remember saying it (and I wouldn't doubt that). Or will just lie and insist he never said it. Unless he is asked by Muslims.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It sounds much like the standard banner from companies gushing about how they support everyone. You know, the kind of thing that reads something like this:

We at (brand) are proud of the contribution made to (our industry) by members of (today's preferred group). We won't name any contributions because then we couldn't re-use the press release for a different preferred group tomorrow. We are proud to stand alongside them and support them. Please buy our products so we can continue to support (today's preferred group).

Then you can just drop in your own brand name and the preferred group can be black people, brown people, QUILTBAG people, whatever you want. You just need a different color scheme for your announcement and you get to be all-inclusive. Except for white people. And Christians. They never contributed much to anything.

Andrew

Site Mentor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I started another thread on this in the News forum but I think the question you're asking is a different direction. I was more appalled that he would be okay with any religion being taught in schools but if Christianity were taught there would be an uproar!! Christianity just isn't allowed in public schools. So why is that okay is my question.

Biden is pandering to Muslims to get their vote making them think he really cares about their religion. I would hope that if he wins that our children aren't forced to learn about other religions without the parents being present to discuss as well. Who knows what they would be teaching them???? A little leaven goes a long way :(
Strange I didn't see it in my feed at first :/
Yeah I doubt if he gets elected that he would actually get this passed, separation of Church and State

Lord Saru

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes
American form of secularism is basically based on the fact that in no terms should the state be linked to religion. This is called scientific secularism as opposed to the concept of positive secularism which means that the state should not have an official religion but it should patronize all religions equally.

So, going by the constitutional ethos of te USA, the state should neither teach christianity nor islam. However, it can teach the meaning of faith as opposed to absolutism no prevent religious polarization.

This is just me and my random thoughts.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...den-wished-students-studied-theology-includi/. Biden said he wanted to see schools teach about all the major faiths. The quote left out "about", as well as other context, giving the impression that schools should try to turn kids into Muslims, rather than making sure that they know enough about religions to be able to make sense of the world. Surely given the current world, students need to know what Islam is about, and what the major divisions in it are.

Andrew

Site Mentor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...den-wished-students-studied-theology-includi/. Biden said he wanted to see schools teach about all the major faiths. The quote left out "about", as well as other context, giving the impression that schools should try to turn kids into Muslims, rather than making sure that they know enough about religions to be able to make sense of the world. Surely given the current world, students need to know what Islam is about, and what the major divisions in it are.
"Confessional faiths" but he headlines Islam and goes on about a "muslim ban" which never occured..

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
"Confessional faiths" but he headlines Islam and goes on about a "muslim ban" which never occured..
Surely Muslims are particularly important for current events.

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
In Canada a large number of high schools and all universities have courses in "comparative religion" in which the history and content of the major faiths is examined objectively. No attempt is made at proselytizing or conversion. A great many people today would benefit from taking such a course because there is so much misinformation and outright lies being spread by ignorant and/or completely biased people.

Top Bottom