Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
No one is talking about homosexuality. That's irrelevant to bring it up. And when the former leader of the KKK come to the protest, and people wear swastikas... It becomes about race. Their chants were about race.

Homosexuality: No, I brought it up, you are right. I brought it up because there is at least one individual in this thread who is gay and would like to be associated with the "victims" - and for the same reason (race). It's the main driver behind their "stand against evil" rhetoric. It's been a gay agenda tactic for decades - make everyone feel sorry for them - they are victims just like blacks or (insert your minority here) by reason of something they can't control (their "race" as homosexuals).

As for what the protest was really about - all you and I see is what's presented in the media. If it was really about race - why the sudden outburst? It's not like race just plopped itself into the state. What you see presented in media is rarely the reality of what went on - it's usually an exaggerated form of it to fit some agenda. The majority of people there could be peacefully protesting - but the media will show us a former KKK leader and some people brandishing swastikas and *voila!* it's about evil racism just like you said.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
If I understand the main gist of the protest - it was much more about the confederacy and it's symbols than *race*. Race may come into it or be part of it, but that isn't what fired the protest.

However, the masses (US and world) do not feel strongly about the confederacy or it's symbols - they feel strongly about race and race hatred - this is why race will ALWAYS be brought up or interpolated into disputes like this to polarize people to one side or the other. It's a great manipulation tool - just like MoreCoffee bringing up Hitler is great manipulation tool for use of guilt - by - association for winning an argument.

But speaking generally of "race" - let's be aware that there may indeed be individuals in this very thread who consider their chosen sexual habits and paths to be a sort of "race" - in born - something they have no choice over. And it is for this reason that they stand so strongly as "voices against evil racism" - because in their deluded minds they actually believe they ARE a persecuted "race" - rather than looked on differently simply because of their own perversions.

The protest was against the removal of a symbol of civil war confederate states' "hero" Robert E Lee but the protesters were explicitly white supremacist and hence explicitly racist. In effect the protesters made race the core issue because racism is the core issue of their society/organisation/party. Their views are unquestionably wicked. They attracted a counter protest and the white supremacists came with clubs and guns and used their clubs to attack the opposing protesters and one of the white supremacists used his car to drive into the counter protesters killing one and injuring at least nineteen others. He is a killer and deserves to be tried for his crimes. And it ought to be noted that the white supremacist protesters wore Nazi swastika armbands (red with a white circle around a black swastika), performed Nazi salutes (right arm raised while saying "heil Hitler"), praised the Nazi Party of world war II, and declared their liking for Hitler's politics of race and armed resistance against racial mixing. Thus the ones who brought Adolf Hitler into the debate were the white supremacists.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
The protest was against the removal of a symbol of civil war confederate states' "hero" Robert E Lee but the protesters were explicitly white supremacist and hence explicitly racist.

I think you mean "exclusively" - it goes toward the argument you are making. I very much doubt that that is accurate.

In effect the protesters made race the core issue because racism is the core issue of their society/organisation/party. Their views are unquestionably wicked.

So you say. Hey, I know it's popular history that the civil war was all about "race" and slavery - but that isn't exactly the whole truth. There were other factors involved, including States rights as psalms91 has mentioned.

They attracted a counter protest and the white supremacists came with clubs and guns and used their clubs to attack the opposing protesters and one of the white supremacists used his car to drive into the counter protesters killing one and injuring at least nineteen others. He is a killer and deserves to be tried for his crimes.

So what you are saying is that every protester was armed, and every "anti" protester was unarmed. The armed bad guys just took advantage of this unlikely scenario.

As for the vehicular attack - if that be true (as it's described) then the person (whoever they are) should indeed be tried for murder and reckless endangerment.

I know there is video. That doesn't convince me of anything, as lots of these national events are faked/bogus. The video I have watched so far does not convince me - in fact I find some of it rather telling. The narrator in the first video - for instance - feels he needs to tell us "the whole story" including context he couldn't possibly know. Video credit: "Severin Jahn". That's an interesting name. Sounds a bit like "Severing John". lol

The second video (credit "Brennan Gilmore ") catches the perfect shot but amazingly pans away completely before any real human damage could be shown! This type of filming is typical of the filming seen in various false flag events.

Videos referred to here: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...ency-in-va-after-white-nationalist-rally.html

And it ought to be noted that the white supremacist protesters wore Nazi swastika armbands (red with a white circle around a black swastika), performed Nazi salutes (right arm raised while saying "heil Hitler"), praised the Nazi Party of world war II, and declared their liking for Hitler's politics of race and armed resistance against racial mixing. Thus the ones who brought Adolf Hitler into the debate were the white supremacists.

I see. All of them too, right? And because you saw and heard this for yourself?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
"I think you mean "exclusively" - it goes toward the argument you are making. I very much doubt that that is accurate. "

Nope, I meant what I wrote and I wrote "explicitly". White supremacists are by definition racist hence their racism is explicit.

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
In effect the protesters made race the core issue because racism is the core issue of their society/organisation/party. Their views are unquestionably wicked.

You wrote
So you say. Hey, I know it's popular history that the civil war was all about "race" and slavery - but that isn't exactly the whole truth. There were other factors involved, including States rights as psalms91 has mentioned.

White supremacist groups are not noted for their deep knowledge of history nor for their objective assessment of history so the white supremacist protesters were not there because they are keen to make sure that society in general has a properly nuanced appreciation for civil war history they were there to protest as publicly as possible so that their message of white supremacy would be seen by as many people as possible - their concern is to be seen by as many people as possible and have their message heard by as many people as possible in the hope of recruiting more people to their racist cause.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
So what you are saying is that every protester was armed, and every "anti" protester was unarmed. The armed bad guys just took advantage of this unlikely scenario.

What I wrote is They attracted a counter protest and the white supremacists came with clubs and guns and used their clubs to attack the opposing protesters and one of the white supremacists used his car to drive into the counter protesters killing one and injuring at least nineteen others. He is a killer and deserves to be tried for his crimes.

Your misreading of my statement ought to be corrected by you.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Quote Originally Posted by MoreCoffee View Post
And it ought to be noted that the white supremacist protesters wore Nazi swastika armbands (red with a white circle around a black swastika), performed Nazi salutes (right arm raised while saying "heil Hitler"), praised the Nazi Party of world war II, and declared their liking for Hitler's politics of race and armed resistance against racial mixing. Thus the ones who brought Adolf Hitler into the debate were the white supremacists.
I see. All of them too, right? And because you saw and heard this for yourself?

I saw the footage on youtube news reports and on a youtube live report. Some of the white supremacists were shown with the armbands I mentioned, some were shown carrying Nazi swastika flags, some were shown saying Heil Hitler, the idea that each and every one of them was shown doing all of these things is absurd of you to suggest. That they marched behind the Nazi flag and some saluted on camera and so forth is sufficient to establish that they were favourable to Nazism. That they said heil Hitler is sufficient to show that they introduced Adolf Hitler into the protest.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
-

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I really do not understand the nuanced dithering about completely denouncing US Nazism that is happening in this thread. This frightens me.

Not one person here is in this thread is in favor of Nazis. Let's stop that idea right now.

In the US we have freedom of speech and the rally that was formed was done legally. Strav is correct that the rally was due to the removal of confederate memorials. My OP was concerning the counter protesters who arrived to cause trouble. They brought weapons and instigated fighting. They can't call themselves victims if they are part of the problem.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What I wrote is They attracted a counter protest and the white supremacists came with clubs and guns and used their clubs to attack the opposing protesters and one of the white supremacists used his car to drive into the counter protesters killing one and injuring at least nineteen others. He is a killer and deserves to be tried for his crimes.
Your misreading of my statement ought to be corrected by you.

I'm not sure you know this but the counter protesters brought weapons. They did not go there to be peaceful.

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I don't hate to say it folks. But some of the video I'm coming across is complete bs.

This one, for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMZZu6TJLok

I'm doing a frame by frame analysis of it now. It's a joke.

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think protests of all sorts should stop for awhile. It just causes more hate and violence. Go to school or get a job instead.

We must always stand up to hate. Always.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Oh my that would actually be productive

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'm not sure you know this but the counter protesters brought weapons. They did not go there to be peaceful.

How does that justify the White Supremacists taking clubs and guns to the protest. They could not be sure if any counter protest would happen. They certainly could not know if the counter protest (if it came) would include people with weapons. And the fact remains it was a white supremacist who drove his car into the counter protesters, killed one woman, and injured nineteen or more others. The killer was in the white supremacist protest. His mother explained how he drove his car to what she thought was a Pro-Donald-Trump rally but it was in fact a white supremacist protest and after a while her son went and got his car and drove it into the people in the counter protest and killed a woman and injured the others. It was wicked to do that. I do not see any defence that can be made for it. The neo nazis who were in the white supremacist protest are supporting something essentially and completely wicked. No Christian ought to be defending their explicit and extreme racism.

Last edited:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
How does that justify the White Supremacists bring clubs and guns to their protest. They could not be sure if any counter protest would happen. They certainly could not know if the counter protest (if it came) would include people with weapons. And the fact remains it was a white supremacist who drove his car into the crown killed one woman injured nineteen or more others. The killer was in the protest. His mother explained how he drove his car to what she thought was a Pro-Donald-Trump rally and after a while he went and got his car and drove it into the people in the counter protest.

This thread isn't about justifying the White Nationalists. No one is trying to say that their racism is appropriate, but they do have legal rights to do so within the United States to have freedom of speech. You don't live in this country so you may not know about our freedom we have.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We must always stand up to hate. Always.

What method do you suggest to accomplish this since we see hate as an attitude against hate isn't solving anything?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
This thread isn't about justifying the White Nationalists. No one is trying to say that their racism is appropriate, but they do have legal rights to do so within the United States to have freedom of speech. You don't live in this country so you may not know about our freedom we have.

In my country people are free to protest and free to support any clever idea or any stupid idea they please so don't pretend that USA freedoms are unique. In virtually every Western Democracy the people have the same or very similar freedoms and we all have "free speech" as well as freedom of association. And as a matter of fact I have lived in the USA for a total of 12 years so I am reasonably familiar with USA foibles and freedoms.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
This is humorous comment but a number of fair and reasonable complaints are made about Donald's weak "many sides" condemnation ...

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In my country people are free to protest and free to support any clever idea or any stupid idea they please so don't pretend that USA freedoms are unique. In virtually every Western Democracy the people have the same or very similar freedoms and we all have "free speech" as well as freedom of association. And as a matter of fact I have lived in the USA for a total of 12 years so I am reasonably familiar with USA foibles and freedoms.

Good, you are aware that the rally was legal even though the attendees were racist. Have you found any Nazis here in our forum yet or in support of racism? I have not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom