Not open for further replies.

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I guess then David and Abraham and Joshua were not heros and must have went against God? Is that right? I think not

I think God got blamed for a lot of stuff in the Old Testament that he had nothing to do with.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Even though whoever wrote the books that contain the Law states that God gave it, Jesus cleared that up and said that Moses gave the Law. Some of the laws are downright evil, and could not have been given by a loving God.

If Jesus "cleared it up" in the sense that you mean - and the law was given solely by Moses - then the "whoevers" who wrote the books are liars right?

Not sure why I'd be appealing to a thing they said then, especially if my claim is that I'm Messiah.

Ah, but clearly, Jesus wasn't thinking, lol.

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Here's what concerns me. If I think back to bullies in high school, the rule was to ignore them to make them go away.

Now for a rally, why go and provoke them? Isn't that adding to the problem? If everyone had turned their backs, not given them attention and news coverage and simply ignored them, then it would have been a very boring rally with no one caring about their spew! And a woman would be alive today.

I saw a meme on Facebook of a counter protester punching a neo Nazi in the face. There is the problem. Pushing violence against those they don't agree with is not the solution.

This isn't a case of the schoolyard bully. Evil and hate must be confronted. And no, it wouldn't have been a very boring rally that no one cared about. Those who had the power to do anything about it didn't stand up to Hitler either, and if I recall correctly, things didn't end well.

As for Facebook memes ... you're kidding right? You're going to base your views on a meme? Regardless, the incident of the neo-Nazi getting punched in the face happened in Germany. A US tourist gave a Nazi salute in a bar, and a German slugged him, as he rightly did. One does not give Nazi salutes in Germany these days. It's actually illegal there.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This isn't a case of the schoolyard bully. Evil and hate must be confronted. And no, it wouldn't have been a very boring rally that no one cared about. Those who had the power to do anything about it didn't stand up to Hitler either, and if I recall correctly, things didn't end well.

As for Facebook memes ... you're kidding right? You're going to base your views on a meme? Regardless, the incident of the neo-Nazi getting punched in the face happened in Germany. A US tourist gave a Nazi salute in a bar, and a German slugged him, as he rightly did. One does not give Nazi salutes in Germany these days. It's actually illegal there.

No, my views are not based on a meme.

Did Jesus tell us to slug our neighbor if they hate us? I don't see that in scripture anywhere.

The counter protesters did not convey love to their neighbors but instead showed hate in return from what I saw. Is that the way to deal with things? Hate for hate? No.

There were peaceful rallies held throughout the country yesterday and that was the right way to deal with this. Of course there were also some in the groups that had hate on their posters but don't realize that their method is no better than the other guys'.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
News flash - Adolf Hitler was the best thing to happen to Germany post world war 1. He was welcomed (not ignored) by the Germans and some surrounding nations precisely because he pulled the country out of the economic hell imposed on it by the "allied powers" (the supposed good guys).

But that's beside the point of this thread. Bringing up Hitler is meant to be a conversation stopper because of the emotions it invokes. That's why you've brought it up. You don't agree with the point of another and wish to use the worst example you can think of to hammer your point that they are in the wrong.

Well, I happen to agree with you in the sense that ignoring a group of people is sometimes not the answer, but answering them is.

Would you deny that right to people who march against GAY PRIDE parades and so forth? Or would you fall silent because you maybe agree with them?

*Awaits to see if MoreCoffee will chameleon out of free speech mode into gay/trans defender mode where everyone who disagrees is not exercising their freedom of speech but instead practicing bigotry and phobias*

People may protest against anything they like as far as I am concerned. Protesters who bring clubs and guns with them to their protest are scary. People who use clubs and people who drive their car into a crowd killing one and injuring 19 (or more) are wicked and deserve to be arrested and tried for their crimes.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Here's what concerns me. If I think back to bullies in high school, the rule was to ignore them to make them go away.

Now for a rally, why go and provoke them? Isn't that adding to the problem? If everyone had turned their backs, not given them attention and news coverage and simply ignored them, then it would have been a very boring rally with no one caring about their spew! And a woman would be alive today.

I saw a meme on Facebook of a counter protester punching a neo Nazi in the face. There is the problem. Pushing violence against those they don't agree with is not the solution.

Ignore them? They should have forbidden it, racists may not go on the street. The police should have come and spouted water whatever, not another group protesting. Way too dangerous.
Or the christians should have held a rally. They did but in another place.

peace_

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
b73185eedc88775579d33bc12fd6e945.png

You have to stand up to evil. Isn't that what bring a Christian is all about? We don't fight evil with evil... but we have to peacefully stand up against evil.

peace_

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
All I know is that when your being bullied, and ganged up on there is nothing better than someone standing up with you and defending you. It's like you are not alone, and there is good in the world. It was a beautiful powerful thing to see all races stand up against the white nationalists.
As Christians and Americans we need to all peacefully stand up and defend ourselves against these hate filled people.

Because when it comes down to it... when someone hates someone because of their race, they are not offending that person, they are offending God. Because God created ALL of us in his image. And I take great offense to racists for that reason. God created everyone in his image and every shade of skin color is beautiful because of that.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You have to stand up to evil. Isn't that what bring a Christian is all about? We don't fight evil with evil... but we have to peacefully stand up against evil.

Christians don't advocate hating our neighbors even though they may hate us.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I agree with what Trump said.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
All I know is that when your being bullied, and ganged up on there is nothing better than someone standing up with you and defending you. It's like you are not alone, and there is good in the world. It was a beautiful powerful thing to see all races stand up against the white nationalists.
As Christians and Americans we need to all peacefully stand up and defend ourselves against these hate filled people.

Because when it comes down to it... when someone hates someone because of their race, they are not offending that person, they are offending God. Because God created ALL of us in his image. And I take great offense to racists for that reason. God created everyone in his image and every shade of skin color is beautiful because of that.

Amen & amen.

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship

Who says that anyone was hating them. You're starting to sound an awful lot like your President, and you frighten me.

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship

Where did peace_ say anything about hating anyone. You're sounding a lot like your frightening President, trying to turn the blame on those who did no wrong instead of those who were spreading hate.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Neo-nazi protest rallies are always going to draw opposition because neo-nazism is evil.

IACOBVS

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Liberal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I really do not understand the nuanced dithering about completely denouncing US Nazism that is happening in this thread. This frightens me.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I really do not understand the nuanced dithering about completely denouncing US Nazism that is happening in this thread. This frightens me.

It's the way some people react to religion. It appears to make some people feel like they need to endorse wicked right wing ideas because somehow being right wing baptises the wicked ideas. I cannot see why wickedness is not condemned because it is wicked regardless of the politics in which it is cloaked.

hotrhymez

Rhymeslayer
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think protests of all sorts should stop for awhile. It just causes more hate and violence. Go to school or get a job instead.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

If I understand the main gist of the protest - it was much more about the confederacy and it's symbols than *race*. Race may come into it or be part of it, but that isn't what fired the protest.

However, the masses (US and world) do not feel strongly about the confederacy or it's symbols - they feel strongly about race and race hatred - this is why race will ALWAYS be brought up or interpolated into disputes like this to polarize people to one side or the other. It's a great manipulation tool - just like MoreCoffee bringing up Hitler is great manipulation tool for use of guilt - by - association for winning an argument.

But speaking generally of "race" - let's be aware that there may indeed be individuals in this very thread who consider their chosen sexual habits and paths to be a sort of "race" - in born - something they have no choice over. And it is for this reason that they stand so strongly as "voices against evil racism" - because in their deluded minds they actually believe they ARE a persecuted "race" - rather than looked on differently simply because of their own perversions.

peace_

Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
If I understand the main gist of the protest - it was much more about the confederacy and it's symbols than *race*. Race may come into it or be part of it, but that isn't what fired the protest.

However, the masses (US and world) do not feel strongly about the confederacy or it's symbols - they feel strongly about race and race hatred - this is why race will ALWAYS be brought up or interpolated into disputes like this to polarize people to one side or the other. It's a great manipulation tool - just like MoreCoffee bringing up Hitler is great manipulation tool for use of guilt - by - association for winning an argument.

But speaking generally of "race" - let's be aware that there may indeed be individuals in this very thread who consider their chosen sexual habits and paths to be a sort of "race" - in born - something they have no choice over. And it is for this reason that they stand so strongly as "voices against evil racism" - because in their deluded minds they actually believe they ARE a persecuted "race" - rather than looked on differently simply because of their own perversions.

No one is talking about homosexuality. That's irrelevant to bring it up. And when the former leader of the KKK come to the protest, and people wear swastikas... It becomes about race. Their chants were about race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom