... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The values that this country had before all the PC and lets talk about it so wee can confuse theiss ue values. I have heard all the rrhetoriic and guess what it was better back in the 50's and 60's whether you want to admit it or not

"Better" is a subjective opinion rather than an objective fact.

I don't suppose it was better in the 50s if you were black or gay.

What values are you wanting to return to? It's a serious question, it's easy to talk about "the values we once had" without actually defining them.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The respect people had for each other. Back then to be unmarried and pregnant was not to be cellebrated or accepted, it was a shame. Most everyone went to church and the values we had as a country were morally superior to what passes for morals todfay. The problem with drugs was a lot less, the schools had a lot fewer problems, and the crime rate was also a lot less.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The respect people had for each other. Back then to be unmarried and pregnant was not to be cellebrated or accepted, it was a shame. Most everyone went to church and the values we had as a country were morally superior to what passes for morals todfay. The problem with drugs was a lot less, the schools had a lot fewer problems, and the crime rate was also a lot less.

"Most everyone went to church" isn't much use if they are just going through the motions. It's easy to have a society that's essentially dishonest but looks nice from the outside.

The lack of respect people have for each other is a concern but simply forcing kids to recite the Ten Commandments isn't going to change anything. Does taking daily prayers out of schools cause people to respect each other any less? Does having the Ten Commandments displayed in the courthouse result in fewer people facing trial?

The issues we have with drugs are just as likely to be related to the increased ease of moving things around than anything else. If people lack hope they will use whatever drugs are available, and unless my understanding of history is way off base Al Capone was doing his thing before the supposedly "golden age" of low crime and low drug usage.

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Well, I am a 1991 model, so I believe you, but that is not the world I know or have EVER known.

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
wrong thread

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
"Most everyone went to church" isn't much use if they are just going through the motions. It's easy to have a society that's essentially dishonest but looks nice from the outside.

The lack of respect people have for each other is a concern but simply forcing kids to recite the Ten Commandments isn't going to change anything. Does taking daily prayers out of schools cause people to respect each other any less? Does having the Ten Commandments displayed in the courthouse result in fewer people facing trial?

The issues we have with drugs are just as likely to be related to the increased ease of moving things around than anything else. If people lack hope they will use whatever drugs are available, and unless my understanding of history is way off base Al Capone was doing his thing before the supposedly "golden age" of low crime and low drug usage.
Again as I said I know all the refutations but bottom line is that we have declined

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Again as I said I know all the refutations but bottom line is that we have declined
Well like I said a lot of we younger people cannot really tell; since this is really all we have known.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Well like I said a lot of we younger people cannot really tell; since this is really all we have known.
I know, my hope for something better lies in your generation for it will be yours that will ppreside over our downfall or resurrection

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I know, my hope for something better lies in your generation for it will be yours that will ppreside over our downfall or resurrection
Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days you "old" people talk about and sometimes I am oh SOOO glad I do NOT live in those times lol. I can tell it has been a long time since you were my age.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

In some ways I don't dispute it, in other ways perhaps less so.

I must admit even as a white man I'm glad I don't see different facilities marked "white" and "colored" and that I can hang out with black friends without people worrying that the might move in and drag the property values down.

I'm glad people don't feel the need to go to church just to avoid the disapproving tuts from folks who can't imagine how someone could do anything else on a Sunday morning. Using social pressure to create a society made up of whitewashed tombs helps nobody.

I'm glad that I can question what the preacher in the pulpit says without being accused of blasphemy or heresy for daring to challenge "a man of the cloth".

Although there are times the more vocal elements of the gay lobby get rather tedious in many ways it's good that a gay couple can get together and be together without living a lie and hiding who they really are - if two men want to be together it helps nobody if they both marry women and go through the motions of living a lie while seeing each other as often as they can. All that does is catch two innocent women and potentially a number of children up in living a lie that they aren't even a part of, only to rip it all apart when they find their husband never really loved them and then they get to explain to the children why Daddy ran away with another man.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The biggest threat to the USA appears to be both its own citizenry and its elected officials.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Canada.... watch out for those Canadians. Oh, and the Danes.

:joke:

Jesus Saves

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I voted other since I believe that all of them are a threat to the United States.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
i voted OTHER ... being ITSELF

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greed

Faith in selfless Unity through Good

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
The move to take God out of everything and the blood on this countries hands,, (abortion), there is a heavy price to pay for all this.

Top Bottom