Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
1 Corinthians 1:31
so that, just as it is written, "LET HIM WHO BOASTS, BOAST IN THE LORD."

2 Corinthians 10:17
But HE WHO BOASTS IS TO BOAST IN THE LORD.

Psalm 34:2
My soul will make its boast in the LORD; The humble will hear it and rejoice.

Psalm 44:8
In God we have boasted all day long, And we will give thanks to Your name forever. Selah.

Psalm 20:7
Some boast in chariots and some in horses, But we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God.

Romans 15:17
Therefore in Christ Jesus I have found reason for boasting in things pertaining to God.

Hebrews 3:6
but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house--whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.

Galatians 6:4
But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Jeremiah 9:24
but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

In God we have boasted all day long, And we will give thanks to Your name forever. Selah.

Some boast in chariots and some in horses, But we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God.

Therefore in Christ Jesus I have found reason for boasting in things pertaining to God.

but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house--whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence and the boast of our hope firm until the end.

But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.

Good stuff, thank you!

We live in a modern world where humility is considered weak and bad.... where self-promotion = self esteem = emotional health.

And the "old Adam" DEMANDS that self is the reason for everything good in the life of self. SELF just has to be the keystone, the critical factor in everything (even salvation).

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Amen!

"The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes;
You hate all who do iniquity."

- Psalm 5:5 NASB

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Amen!

That's aimed at people who boast in their works instead of in God's works for our eternal salvation.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Amen!

Other translations substitute "boastful" here with 'foolish' or 'arrogant'. And I'd agree that one who boasts in self is all of those things. Our boast should be in the Lord and all he has done for us.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Other translations substitute "boastful" here with 'foolish' or 'arrogant'. And I'd agree that one who boasts in self is all of those things. Our boast should be in the Lord and all he has done for us.

Yes, exactly!

Top Bottom