Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Some use electronic ones, while some still use the old mercury ones.

hedrick

Religious Affiliation
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Electronic. I lost my old one and had to buy a new one. I don't think they make the mercury ones anymore.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Glad you didn't ask if it was oral or rectal LOL

I have a 26 year old electronic one that takes about 3 minutes to give the results. I bought a new battery for it this year.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A random mixture I guess.

I've got a handheld spot thermometer that takes batteries and has a laser to indicate where it's pointing. I've got a thermal imaging camera that's like the handheld doodad on steroids. Then I've got a couple of things that use bimetallic strips, and the house thermostat has a bimetallic strip with a mercury capsule attached, so that when it tips it makes or breaks a simple circuit to the furnace. I also have a rather nice barometer/thermometer that uses a spring for pressure and alcohol for temperature. For good measure I've got a really weird thing attached to one of my heating pipes that looks like a mercury thermometer with the mercury positioned so the bulb is in the flow of hot water through the heating loop. I'd love to know how old that thing is.

I did have a hygrometer that used what looks like horsehair to measure humidity but the hairs broke so now it reads 100% regardless of what's really going on.

Top Bottom