Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Eating breakfast. I was wide awake a while ago but now I'm getting sleepy again. Should I go back to sleep?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Contemplating what to do with the day. I've got a couple of bills that need to be paid and the weather is nasty so it's not a day for walking in the woods. Maybe I'll make the final push and get my taxes finished off.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Relaxing after a day out. The kids up above were in over-drive this morning above my bedroom. It was 9:30 after all, but still... I was a little vocal with my frustration and I think they heard me because it got quiet for about a half hour. It never just abruptly stops like that. In the quiet I listened to the birds and soaked it all in. I may talk to my landlord soon. I arranged to look at another suite close-by, but I really can't afford a move.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ran in a 5k this morning. I'm waiting for the official results on my email or text. I think I did pretty good

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ran in a 5k this morning. I'm waiting for the official results on my email or text. I think I did pretty good

That's great! I remember not too long ago when you thought you were done with running so I'm glad you can get back to the races!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I just got a new phone and am trying to customize it now. It's a Samsung J3 and my old one was a Samsung S3. My old phone would eat up the battery power within 3 hours and I bought a new battery and it did the same thing. I've been using this new phone almost non-stop for 4 hours and it's doing well with the battery!

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wow. Sometimes the body just needs that catch-up. :thumbsup:

Mine seems to do that at times. It's weird because it's like I cannot even control it and cannot wake myself up. It's the thyroid hormone that my body is still adjusting to and it's not often but when it happens, ick.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's great! I remember not too long ago when you thought you were done with running so I'm glad you can get back to the races!

Yes, so am I. There was at least a thousand people there, so it was a pretty popular race.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, so am I. There was at least a thousand people there, so it was a pretty popular race.

Is it easier or harder to run with a lot of people around you?

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Back from a weekend retreat with our Sunday school class. We don't sleep over there because the beds in the cabin aren't very comfortable and it's only a couple of miles from our house. Ironically, having come home last night to get a better night's sleep I had one of the worst nights in months. So this morning at the retreat wasn't as good as it might have bee, simply because I was struggling to keep my brain active. We really like our Sunday school class, it's a good bunch of people.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My belly is full of pizza so I'm resting before I do a workout.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Is it easier or harder to run with a lot of people around you?

The only down sides to it are that it may take a little longer to cross the starting line and if someone falls and people are tightly packed together they you could get stepped on. It took me about 20 seconds to get passed the starting line, so not bad. I was in a race in my 20's in Dallas where it was raining and people were packed together and someone fell to my right and some people got stepped on. I'm not sure how much the person or people were injured.
The upside is that you can usually find someone who is running at your pace or slightly faster and then concentrate on either running with them or passing them. I try to just keep a good pace the first half of the race and then pass people in the 2nd half

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I went back to the Wesleyan church I attended last week and went to Sunday School and worship there.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The only down sides to it are that it may take a little longer to cross the starting line and if someone falls and people are tightly packed together they you could get stepped on. It took me about 20 seconds to get passed the starting line, so not bad. I was in a race in my 20's in Dallas where it was raining and people were packed together and someone fell to my right and some people got stepped on. I'm not sure how much the person or people were injured.
The upside is that you can usually find someone who is running at your pace or slightly faster and then concentrate on either running with them or passing them. I try to just keep a good pace the first half of the race and then pass people in the 2nd half

You have good strategies then! I hate having people around me. I have done walking races and just try to get out in front of the pack to be away from everyone as soon as possible :D

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
I'd be too anxious in a race. I'm wary of people coming up behind me if I can't see them, and also coming up on others from behind if they don't know I'm there. In this instance, though, I guess it'd be expected so my 'guard' wouldn't be up as much

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'd be too anxious in a race. I'm wary of people coming up behind me if I can't see them, and also coming up on others from behind if they don't know I'm there. In this instance, though, I guess it'd be expected so my 'guard' wouldn't be up as much

Just having a chuckle at your avatar. Didn't think that show was popular in the US.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You have good strategies then! I hate having people around me. I have done walking races and just try to get out in front of the pack to be away from everyone as soon as possible :D

I'm trying to decide what race to next. There is one in my county in the first weekend in May but that is a 10k and not sure if I am ready for that. Second week in May is a 5k I have done before. I did my 5k this weekend in 30:01 and I know that is only two seconds off what I wanted, but a part of me wants to be under 30 before I try to do a 10k. Then a part of me thinks well it's only two seconds off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom