ROMANS 16:7 IN CHRIST BEFORE PAUL

Doug

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Romans 16:7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Those in Christ before Paul had believed the preaching of Peter and the apostles. They were not in the body of Christ. They had the promise of the Davidic kingdom on earth (Exodus 19:5-6 Daniel 7:18 Psalm 22:28).

Paul addressed them in his epistles and admonished those in the body to receive those weak in the faith (Romans 15:1).

Michael

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Romans 16:7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Those in Christ before Paul had believed the preaching of Peter and the apostles. They were not in the body of Christ. They had the promise of the Davidic kingdom on earth (Exodus 19:5-6 Daniel 7:18 Psalm 22:28).

Paul addressed them in his epistles and admonished those in the body to receive those weak in the faith (Romans 15:1).

There is only one meaning of "in Christ." Before, during and after the Lord's messenger Paul was converted or wrote a single letter. "In Christ" meant the same thing.

Looked a bit into this here on CH in the Bible Study section as we delve into Romans chapter 8 - https://www.christianityhaven.com/showthread.php?7749-Romans-8-Study-part-1-(IN-CHRIST)

And again, there is only one Kingdom, the Kingdom of God which will fulfill all the prophecies of coming Kingdom in the Old and New Testaments. :)

Peace & Blessings, Wisdom & Understanding to you as you walk with Jesus

Top Bottom