Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
When you depart from staying as a guest at your friend's or family's house, is it proper etiquette to take the sheets off from the bed?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I usually ask what they want me to do, and almost every time I'm told to just leave things be and they'll get to them. Okie dokie.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I usually ask what they want me to do, and almost every time I'm told to just leave things be and they'll get to them. Okie dokie.
Same here.

Heatman

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
No
I will normally dress up the bed and let them decide what to do next. To me removing the sheets is doing too much the way I see it. Not making the bed is what I will consider not being nice.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'll either leave the room presentable or strip the bed. I ask the host what they would prefer, there's no sense stripping the bed and leaving a pile of sheets if they're not planning house guests for a while and weren't planning on washing the sheets until they've cleared a backlog of other laundry.

When we have house guests I usually tell them to just leave it as-is, because we'll usually strip the beds and do laundry later. I don't feel the need to ask the guests to strip the bed, even though I'd offer to do so when I'm a guest.

Shortie

Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No
I don't tend to stay at others houses and sleep but I do remember times when I used to do this a lot when I was a kid. I would ask if they wanted me to remove the sheets and most of the time, they were fine with doing it.

Sometimes I used to take my own things to use so that wasn't so much of a worry as to whether I should remove them or not as I had to take them back home.

Top Bottom