Prayer for my Mom

Nic

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
A reasonably functional otherwise dementia patient has appeared to have suffered a stroke. We are headed to the emergency room. Please pray for us, thank you!!!

Nic🙂

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Prayers for your mom and family. Keep us updated!

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In my prayers...

Nic

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Yes
Early news:
A brain bleed not a stroke more scans today.
Thank you everyone!!!

Nic

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Yes
Hello everyone and thank you.
I'm sorry about the lack of updates. I've been a bit or more discouraged with how poorly the hospital communicates and even more so how poorly they do what they say they will do. Their result of treatment seems to be worse than the result for when I inadverdently treated the same thing months earlier. Months earlier I knew mom's kidneys were bleeding so I added Vit. K and removed all latex foods, Vit. E and aspirin from her regimen. Result: Mom never lost any function and recovered from an old brain bleed. This latest hospital visit was because of a new brain bleed. Take her to the hospital, result after keeping her BP around 200/95 for 4 consecutive days, mom cannot walk and has more all around problems. Home health nurse was to be out last Friday, therapy to begin Saturday and none of this ever happened. Well after a ton of hassle, a nurse showed up last night. A therapist informed me every day you mom delays in therapy is three more days of building her up. Not to mentioned the added added stress of family involvement since mom went to the hospital.
That's it for now. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm sorry about the lack of updates. I've been a bit or more discouraged with how poorly the hospital communicates and even more so how poorly they do what they say they will do. Their result of treatment seems to be worse than the result for when I inadverdently treated the same thing months earlier. Months earlier I knew mom's kidneys were bleeding so I added Vit. K and removed all latex foods, Vit. E and aspirin from her regimen. Result: Mom never lost any function and recovered from an old brain bleed. This latest hospital visit was because of a new brain bleed. Take her to the hospital, result after keeping her BP around 200/95 for 4 consecutive days, mom cannot walk and has more all around problems. Home health nurse was to be out last Friday, therapy to begin Saturday and none of this ever happened. Well after a ton of hassle, a nurse showed up last night. A therapist informed me every day you mom delays in therapy is three more days of building her up. Not to mentioned the added added stress of family involvement since mom went to the hospital.

Thanks for the update..... so sad concerning the news and frustrations....

In my prayers.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Continued prayers for your mom! I'm glad she has you as her advocate.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Prayers continued. 🙏

Nic

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Yes
Hello everyone. I misplaced the link here.
I'll spare you one update and provide the latest. Thank you again for all your prayers.

My mom is recovering from a kidney infection, we believe we are through that and beginning to move forward in dealing with life like everyone does. My mom does require my full time attention and over the years my health has declined. I have a persistent infection which will likely disrupt my mom's care. I'm my mother's link to the world. I'm taking a second antibiotic for the infection, but I may need an IV for who knows how long, maybe even surgery and yes I'm diabetic with thyroid disease. I'm sure the lists goes on. Even those two have never been formally diagnosed. It will be certain as soon as I get my labs back. But I rarely see doctors for a list of reasons, being a lifelong depressive being one of them. I would hope I could have that at home to guide over mom's care. I'm fearful she will once again be not only mismanaged but also afraid without my presence. The home IV is especially doubtful with my health status but it has happened with uninsured persons previously. Hopefully this pill will work. But I have my doubts. I do care on a lesser degree to what becomes of me, but the idea of of uninstructed, unsupervised strangers attempting to care for my mom's delicate care at this point in her life makes me quite uneasy. We had healthcare services here at the house for awhile but they were a problem with their care about half or more of the time where they seemed to place proving me wrong over and above what was best for mom. Simply put there was a preconceived overriding story that seemingly and deliberately ignored much of mom's prior history despite repeated efforts for me to explain things. When you live 50 plus years you know what storytelling smells like. I got so tired of that and the drama that entailed. Please continue to lift us up. Thank you.

Nic

Last edited:

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A reasonably functional otherwise dementia patient has appeared to have suffered a stroke. We are headed to the emergency room. Please pray for us, thank you!!!

Nic🙂
I just said a prayer for your mom.

Reactions: Nic

Nic

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Yes
I just said a prayer for your mom.
Thank you. My needs have also enter the realm of health concerns too. Going to doctor tomorrow, a very good chance I have infection in my joint and bone of my foot. Thank you very much, one and all. Nic🙂

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Prayers are being lifted above.

Nic

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Yes
Personal update of my foot troubles. Preliminary investigation says there is no infection in my joint or bone. Another more precise and more expensive test may or may not be warranted later to test that result in confirmation or denial.
Praise the Lord! And thank you everyone. 😀
Nic

Nic

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Yes
My labs came back, I'm a bit shocked by a few results. Let's just say they are much better than expected, in fact overall results were good. Praise the Lord!

Last edited:

grumix8

Religious Affiliation
Seventh Day Adventist
Marital Status
Single
Yes
praying for her.

Reactions: Nic
Top Bottom