Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The Father is willing to forgive all believers who have recognised their trespasses against Him and who likewise forgive in the same manner for those whom have trespassed against them.
You should never question your election in Christ if you believe in His forgiveness, not everyone will be forgiven because not everyone will repent and the majority believe that the Bible is garbage.. may God have mercy but Christ himself never prayed for the world, only for His sheep.
Be persuaded and do not grieve His Spirit for he HAS forgiven and sealed you, I sometimes doubt because I forget about His forgiveness and focus too much on what I could do better.. I may be sitting on guard and feel useless but as soon as "forgiveness" enters my mind I am brought back, I try my best to think "Forgiveness" when meditating on God but it slips a lot of times. Perfectionist struggle daily, yet we must remain humble and carry our cross, we die daily for his names sake and we are not perfect all the time, God never abandons his humble servants, be merry and trust in God and always remember "forgiveness" but don't question His election, He has you.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
67d13cfb54016c7b5d6a635ccab4a433.jpg

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Romans 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace

Romans 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Romans 4:25 who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.

2 Corinthians 5:19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

Romans 3:23-24 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

Romans 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Galatians 3:26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Romans 5:1-2 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Colossians 1:13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,

"Now again, the Bible does not teach God randomly forgives. God does not suddenly change His mind about the seriousness of your sin; sins of disobeying your parents, or the gravity of divorce or the murder of the unborn or the horrible sin of gossip. These are all very serious sins and are all deserving of eternal death. The point is this: God forgives these sins only because of what Jesus Christ did on the bloody cross for you; only because the price for your sins and your failures has been paid. The apostle Peter writes, "You were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold but with the precious blood, the blood of Christ" (1 Peter 1:18-19).

In Revelation, we read that Jesus Christ loves you and He has "released you from your sins by His blood" (Revelation 1:5). In fact, this teaching is so fundamental and so crucial that "without the shedding of the blood there is no forgiveness" (Hebrews 9:22)."

https://www.lutheranhour.org/sermon.asp?articleid=678

Top Bottom