Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Here's the thread to talk about what you long for in the year 2021 :)

I long for the opportunity to return to church without worrying about getting someone else sick...even though I'm not sick. It's the shamers who make me feel that I shouldn't even go to church and just stay home and watch on my computer :(

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'm sure that you'll get back to church activity eventually. Do you have any church friends you could have group video chats with through Skype, Facebook rooms or Zoom?

I've pretty much stopped having goals because every time I've made goals for my life, God allowed "the enemy" to crush them for reasons that I don't understand.

Want to find a significant other? Nah, fam, here's a disabled body that keeps deteriorating. Want to make a living? Nah, fam, here's a long list of sins I won't stop the enemy from dragging you through in order to destroy many years of your life. Want to become famous through art? Nah, fam, here's a dysfunctional family that won't help you and a sick body that won't allow you to achieve any of the artistic goals you had in mind. Want to find me and obey me? Nah, fam, here's chronic pain and mental health issues that will make you rebel against me.

I don't even know why I'm alive, because I don't seem to be getting closer to God despite my efforts.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm sure that you'll get back to church activity eventually. Do you have any church friends you could have group video chats with through Skype, Facebook rooms or Zoom?

I've pretty much stopped having goals because every time I've made goals for my life, God allowed "the enemy" to crush them for reasons that I don't understand.

Want to find a significant other? Nah, fam, here's a disabled body that keeps deteriorating. Want to make a living? Nah, fam, here's a long list of sins I won't stop the enemy from dragging you through in order to destroy many years of your life. Want to become famous through art? Nah, fam, here's a dysfunctional family that won't help you and a sick body that won't allow you to achieve any of the artistic goals you had in mind. Want to find me and obey me? Nah, fam, here's chronic pain and mental health issues that will make you rebel against me.

I don't even know why I'm alive, because I don't seem to be getting closer to God despite my efforts.

God is still close to you even though you don't feel the same at times.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Here's the thread to talk about what you long for in the year 2021 :)

I long for the opportunity to return to church without worrying about getting someone else sick...even though I'm not sick. It's the shamers who make me feel that I shouldn't even go to church and just stay home and watch on my computer :(

I've usually found it's best to ignore the shamers. My view has been to respect the desires of those who are vulnerable (e.g. don't just show up for a visit) but if people freely choose to attend a gathering it's fair to assume they have freely assumed any risks associated with attending. That applies whatever the gathering and whatever the risk.

I'd really like to see a sense of perspective where taking risks is concerned. The same shamers who act as if the very act of setting foot outside your home is so dangerous you might as well spray gunfire into a crowd presumably never stopped to think of the risks they've always taken every single time they've driven their car anywhere, or gathered in a crowd, or even walked down the street. Yet throw in a virus with a survival rate of something like 99.8% for the majority and they panic.

Like you, I'm looking forward to church returning to something like normal. To a large extent our church has tried to stay open, making clear to more vulnerable members that they aren't expected to attend if they don't feel safe. But to host a church service you need certain key things to be done, and the people who were doing them started to feel unsafe attending, so it ceased to be viable to host a normal service. As case counts start to fall again I'm hoping more people will feel safe attending again.

Top Bottom