Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
No
I really hate being attached or bound to anything. I hate romantic relationships let alone marriage and kids. In fact, having kids for me personally is filled with responsibilities that I’m not fully and wholly ready for. At least, that’s how I myself feel about it. How about you?

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My wife and son are the two greatest earthly blessings in my life.

Marrying this special one was THE smartest, bestest thing I've done.

Yup.

No question. No doubt.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I really hate being attached or bound to anything. I hate romantic relationships let alone marriage and kids. In fact, having kids for me personally is filled with responsibilities that I’m not fully and wholly ready for. At least, that’s how I myself feel about it. How about you?

I have friends who have similar thoughts that you do and it works for them.

As for me, I don't know how my life would be without my husband and daughter. My husband and I have been married for 30 years and dated for 6 years prior to that. My daughter is 26 and it wasn't always difficult having a child in the house except that first week after we brought her home from the hospital. She was an easy child to care for and didn't have a bad attitude or temper so it was fun playing with her and doing activities together.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

One great thing about life is that you get to live it your way and don't have to worry too much about how other people live their lives. If you don't want the commitment of a romantic relationship (and there are many out there who don't), enjoy life as a single person. You may find in the future you want to find a partner and settle down and you may find you live your entire life with no desire to share it with anyone else.

In my younger years most of my friends were getting together with girlfriends and then complaining about being tied to them and having to do all the things they wanted to do. It seemed like more hassle than it was worth to me. I had several female friends but never really bothered with the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing. A few of my friends saw me hanging out with one girl after another after another and thought I was going through girlfriends at a rate, or that I had multiple girlfriends on the go at once, even though it was nothing more than hanging out with friends who happened to be girls.

As I got older I decided I wanted to settle down with someone but wasn't sure about kids. Now it's getting too late for my wife and I to have kids but we're looking into adopting an older child who needs a permanent home. For us things changed over the years. For you they may not, but only you can decide that as the years go by.

Top Bottom