Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
People who follow a "keto-like" diet of high fat and low carbohydrate foods may be at greater risk for cardiovascular events like heart attacks and strokes, according to a new study.

The study, presented over the weekend at the American College of Cardiology's annual meeting, looked at over 300 participants who reported following a diet consisting of 25% or less of daily calories from carbohydrates and more than 45% of calories from fat.

Continue reading

Thoughts?

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
My experience talking to people who have tried this horrible diet is that they often are duped into believing one must "train" their body to burn fat by eating more of it. In the absence of other energy (from carbs) the body is going to burn fat for energy anyway, it's counterproductive to increase it for the purpose of weight loss.

As for dietary fat (especially animal/saturated fat) increases being associated with increased risks of stroke and heart attacks, one would think this would be a "duh" correlation but I guess there are those that need a study to show them what some of us can deduct by common sense.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I know a few people who lost a lot of weight on Keto, but once they introduced carbs back into their diet, they started to gain some back. I worried for them about all those fats being ingested, but they assured me the science had been clearly researched and it was safe. Science is never fully complete though with research.

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I was eating loads of oil. Used to eat very little fat and I got gall stones and read that I should take more oil, but recently someone said I shouldn't eat too much fat, so I eat less now. Still a lot though compared to what I used to eat. Pasta and tomatoes tastes much better with oil.

Top Bottom