Is this the Recipe for the ''Blood'' of Jesus. Living water that cures suffering of thirst?

eric1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
She is probably getting it from Hebrews 9:27 which states "27 Everyone must die once. Then they are judged."

I think you are misunderstanding what the Bible is talking about. When it says you won't perish, it is talking about the life to come not the one you are living now. This is why the bible talks about dying twice which is why it refers to something called the second death. The first is here on Earth which everyone gets which is the first death and the one in heaven at the judgment seat that only those who reject Christ will get when they are judged for their deeds and punished accordingly which is the second death that believers will never face. Believers on the other hand are also judged for their deeds not to dole out punishment but to dole out rewards for what they did on Earth. Not ending up in hell is a gift to the believer however what the believer gets in heaven however is a reward that he or she earns by their works.
No in order to have life you have to drink the blood of jesus. Thats is how you are saved and given eternal life. His blood is real drink it is living water. Which is why he calls it blood. Those who ALREADY have eternal life will be raised up in the last day. Whoever drinks the blood of Jesus lives forever.

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For My flesh is real food, and My blood is real drink.…

Just as the living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your fathers, who ate the manna and died, the one who eats this bread will live forever.”…

John 6:54

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No he is talking about the actual drink called the water of life. He is not telling people to drink the holy spirit.
You can not drink the holy spirit that is as bad as thinking you have to drink Jesus's actual blood.

"“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star.” 17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come! Let the one who hears say, “Come! And let the one who is thirsty come, and the one who desires the water of life drink freely."

Revelation 22:17

In a certain east asian daoist clan whose roots of formation date back to the old testament.(they basically existed before Christ and are christian and believe Jesus was a daoist) they make a living water if you drink just 8 oz. and you do not get thirsty even after you visit the gym.

The actual "act" of drinking Jesus blood is not what is salvic, it's His blood shed on the cross for the forgiveness of your sins that saves and by grace through faith you believe it. You can drink of His blood and eat His body in the Eucharistic feast but the act of doing so is not what is saving you. Can you see my point?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No, Jesus stated that whoever drinks his blood will have life. Eternal life.

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life"

John 6:53

If you think that YOU doing something saves you then you neglect Jesus as being the Savior. He is the one who died on the cross to forgive your sins. That's the crucial part to know to have eternal life. It's all about Jesus.

We GET to drink Jesus' blood and eat His body in Holy Communion and we receive all the blessings He gives in it, but it's not the act that saves, it's actually HIM who saves.

eric1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
If you think that YOU doing something saves you then you neglect Jesus as being the Savior. He is the one who died on the cross to forgive your sins. That's the crucial part to know to have eternal life. It's all about Jesus.

We GET to drink Jesus' blood and eat His body in Holy Communion and we receive all the blessings He gives in it, but it's not the act that saves, it's actually HIM who saves.
We are not talking about Jesus dieing on the cross for the our sins. Thats done. Were talking about actually drinking the blood.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We are not talking about Jesus dieing on the cross for the our sins. Thats done. Were talking about actually drinking the blood.

So Jesus' dying for the forgiveness of your sins didn't do enough? Drinking His blood is because of the forgiveness of sins He won....not to gain something new.

eric1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
So Jesus' dying for the forgiveness of your sins didn't do enough? Drinking His blood is because of the forgiveness of sins He won....not to gain something new.
He was executed on the cross for giving us eternal life through drinking his blood. This was against jewish law. He didn't do any sins like the people he was executed with but give eternal life.

Back then common people of the world were considered slaves and mere mortals. It was punishable by death to share eternal life with a person of the world. I'm trying to find the exact Jewish law now.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
He was executed on the cross for giving us eternal life through drinking his blood. This was against jewish law. He didn't do any sins like the people he was executed with but give eternal life.

Back then common people of the world were considered slaves and mere mortals. It was punishable by death to share eternal life with a person of the world. I'm trying to find the exact Jewish law now.

He was executed on the cross...your quote above doesn't make sense. The Jews wanted Him dead for blasphemy not for offering blood to drink.

eric1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Your changing the subject. Is this the recipe for the blood of jesus?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Your changing the subject. Is this the recipe for the blood of jesus?

I didn't change the subject, your previous post didn't make sense and you aren't clarifying what you said.

The blood of Jesus saves because Jesus died on the cross...not because of your action of drinking it. You get to drink His blood in Holy Communion and you receive the benefits of His blood because of Him...not because of anything you do.

eric1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I didn't change the subject, your previous post didn't make sense and you aren't clarifying what you said.

The blood of Jesus saves because Jesus died on the cross...not because of your action of drinking it. You get to drink His blood in Holy Communion and you receive the benefits of His blood because of Him...not because of anything you do.
No Jesus specifically said whoever drinks the blood has eternal life. We are not going to debate whether or not the things you do in life have consequences but just on if this is the correct recipe.

Jesus's blood saves because it is holy drink. Only if you recieve the blood of Jesus will you have eternal life.

"Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life "- John 6:54

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No Jesus specifically said whoever drinks the blood has eternal life. We are not going to debate whether or not the things you do in life have consequences but just on if this is the correct recipe.

Jesus's blood saves because it is holy drink. Only if you recieve the blood of Jesus will you have eternal life.

"Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life "- John 6:54

You're taking something said in the wrong way. WHY would it be because of His blood if it isn't because of what HE has done for you at the cross with forgiving your sins in the first place? You're not seeing the real reason.

Last edited:

eric1

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes
You're taking something said in the wrong way. WHY would it be because of His blood if it isn't because of what HE has done for you at the cross with forgiving your sins in the first place? You're not seeing the real reason.
No what he did was give us eternal life though giving us his blood. He died on the cross because it is illegal to give sinners eternal life. So he was to die. The blood gave us life.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
No what he did was give us eternal life though giving us his blood. He died on the cross because it is illegal to give sinners eternal life. So he was to die. The blood gave us life.

He died on the cross because it was God's plan all the way from the beginning...in Genesis when God gave the promise of the Savior.

Top Bottom