Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
A skewed keyboard, superglue residue all over the place, a non-functioning touch-pad, and dings all over the place where they tried to pry the thing open with a screwdriver. However, the screen worked quite well! :D

Must have been one of the new technicians or a sales rep who did the repairs :p

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I ordered a 1 TB external 2.5" drive, 8 GB of memory to add to my PC, and a 512 GB SSD. :)

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
i have a problem with my screen, it displays a green distorted view-from opening/closing of lid..and found out the repairs would cost over 140 dollars..the tech guy said id better buy a new one. my funds would only allow me to buy a new one that costs under 200 dollars..for that price, i can only settle for a tablet -with a max price of $149.00..oh if i won the lotto i would buy the best laptop costing over 600 dollars..one can only dream

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
i have a problem with my screen, it displays a green distorted view-from opening/closing of lid..and found out the repairs would cost over 140 dollars..the tech guy said id better buy a new one. my funds would only allow me to buy a new one that costs under 200 dollars..for that price, i can only settle for a tablet -with a max price of $149.00..oh if i won the lotto i would buy the best laptop costing over 600 dollars..one can only dream

Did he mean a new screen or a new computer?

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
he first suggested to replace screen..but seeing its a dinosaur, he then said it'll be better to buy a whole new system. its a compaq presario F700 laptop btw.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
he first suggested to replace screen..but seeing its a dinosaur, he then said it'll be better to buy a whole new system. its a compaq presario F700 laptop btw.

If you're confident with small screwdrivers and small screws maybe you can do the repair yourself. It's fiddly but do-able.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
If you're confident with small screwdrivers and small screws maybe you can do the repair yourself. It's fiddly but do-able.

Followup that I forgot to mention. If your laptop is essentially dead you have very little to lose by dismantling it (remember to take the battery out first!). That way if you feel confident reassembling it you can order the parts, and if not (or if something goes wrong) you've gone from having a dead laptop to having a dead laptop in more than one piece.

If you're getting rid of it, take the hard drive out first. That way you can not only save your pictures/emails/videos/whatever but also be sure nobody else has them. It's pretty cheap to get a laptop drive enclosure that will let you attach it to a new laptop and copy everything important across.

MS140ukn

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
@Tango, i think i better play it safe and buy a whole new system. time to let this thing rest in peace. though i will look into wikihow site and see about replacing screen

Alexander

Religious Affiliation
Other Religion
Yes
My oldest computer is coming up to 2 years of age. It's done well, and I use it every day for Microsoft Processing and browsing the internet on social media. It will only be time to invest in a new one once this PC stops working.

Top Bottom