How much time is left in the world before things really start to happen?

NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single

NathanH83

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
You know, like Revelation and stuff

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Based on the opening verses, I would say we are well beyond that:

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Now that just does not sound like a book about some things that will not be happening for nearly 2000 years.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
You know, like Revelation and stuff

Revelation's timeline/time-frame appears to be both short (near at hand) and far reaching. The 7 churches could have been an actual 7 churches ( I believe they were ) at around the time of Christ, yet also communicate messages related to spiritual life. The beasts/the wound that was healed are up to interpretation - I interpret them to likely span very long periods of time. The "mark of the beast" is likely for the last generation or so, as are the seals and plagues. This could span multiple decades, but it is not something I think the world has seen, hence why I conclude that Revelation takes both a short and long view of history.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I believe many things are lining up for it to happen anytime. The main one being the reestablishment oif Israel.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Revelation is the book I read the most out of the bible.

I believe the remnant of true Israel was caught up to Christ at the destruction of the second Temple in 70 AD. When that Temple was destroyed it ended the Sadducies and their Temple rites, the Old Covenant Law was broken and thus sacrifices could no longer cover sin without an alter or Temple priest.

Persecution of the Christians would last from the 1rst century AD to the 4th Century AD.

The Gospel spreading to the ends of the world was the blanket of Christ's Kingdom coming down as the New Jerusalem. We are currently reigning with Christ on earth as inhabitants covering the globe.

Revelation tells us that outside God's earthly kingdom are the wicked, however this does not suggest that the kingdom is localized and we are all in a designated area one Earth, fenced it with physical gates. For we are told that if a man sin, let him sin still, and if it man is Holy, let him be Holy still.

"The wolf shall live with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the kid, the calf and the lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them"

The first resurrection I believe was in 70ad as true Israel was taken into the Body of Christ along with the gentiles. As Christian's baptized in Christ we died and have eternal life from now on, spared from a second death.
The second resurrection pertains to the judgment of all non believers and according to their own works. The meek for example may be spared and God may have mercy on them, the wicked will not be spared and face a second death, hence "woe to those who face the second death" implying that not all of those in the second resurrection will be blotted from the book of life, for the meek shall inherit the earth.

Being we are in the reign of Christ on earth currently, Satan is still expected to be released for a time, I believe we are in the time of the Satanic attack on the Church.

All signs point to this, Christianity is being attacked at full force for Satan knows he has just a little while left.

The world is in a great state of delusion, where bad is good and good is bad, but it does not phase the Elect in Christ who were expecting this time to come.

The apostasy occurred in the Catholic Church throughout the medieval ages (or dark age).

Now the good news is that upon physical death, in a twinkling of an eye, those who have the mark of God are taken up to the Heavenly Kingdom on a new Earth with a new heaven.

As for the damned, they will join death and hades in eternal destruction in the lake of fire..
This lake of fire is reserved for the devil and his angels and those with the mark of the beast.

About the earthquakes and worldly disasters in diverse places, think about it for a second, by what means can one person have knowledge of global disasters in real time but in the current age of information?

I guess I'm a bit preterist, amellinialist and futurists.

My views often change from time to time but when it all comes down to it, we are living in the time of Satans temporary release (final satanic attack on the Church)

Fritz Kobus

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Spindle4

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not long and not much more from what I see. These feel like the last days to me.

We've been living in the end times since Jesus' resurrection.

No one knows when He will return and it seems every generation thinks that they're the last.

Lees

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I certainly enjoy watching things shape up in preparation for those last days events.

Even our present Russia/Ukranian war has helped set the stage for those events.

Though we can't know the exact time I do believe we are to observe these things. Jesus seemed to think the Jews should have been able to observe the times concerning His first coming. (Matt. 16:2-3) Surely we should be just as observant for His return.

Lees

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Israel has indeed become a nation once again and it says a generation shall not pass when this happens, also Israel iusm surrounded by enemies, a world currency is about to happen it is closer than people think, wars and rumors of wars are plentiful so yes i think it is very close

Top Bottom