How fearful are you right now of Covid?

How fearful are you right now in catching the Covid virus?

• Total voters

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
How fearful are you right now in catching the Covid virus?

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
For me, not at all. I live in a relatively sparsely populated rural area and from what I can see of statistics if I did contract it the chances are the experience would be unpleasant rather than fatal. So in that regard, from a selfish perspective, I don't see it as being more of a threat than any of the other things I've managed to survive.

I would, and do, defer to the wishes of people I know at higher risk where things like visits etc are concerned. If they would rather I stay away, or visit but maintain a distance, I respect their concerns.

Where people ask if I'd be willing to be the first one to do certain things once restrictions are lifted, I'm looking forward to going back to normal. When my favorite brewpub reopens the chances are my wife and I will be among their first customers. I would say the same about my favorite local coffee shop but they didn't survive the shutdown :(

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
slightly. I think we may be more at risk as people go out into the community and relax. The virus isn't gone and could come back in force

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Nope some common sense is all that is needed

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I voted Not Nervous.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Not one bit

JRT

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
I am a bit concerned at the moment. This town has had only six cases with one death then there was a period with no cases but now there are two cases in a store very nearby. They were being very careful --- if you didn't have a face mask they gave you one and the whole nine yards. I was in just a few days ago and the next day they were closed to sanitize the whole place. So I am always careful.

NerdGirl123

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Yes
I'm pretty sure I already had it. It was REALLY bad for me, since I have asthma (I wound up with pneumonia), but at least I wasn't hospitalized. I'm not too worried about it now, I think it's mostly run its course for most of the country, with just a few lingering hot spots. Hopefully, I'll have effective antibodies if it comes around again, but let's pray it doesn't.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I am not nervous, but I'm milking it, I like working from home.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I trust God. And I can't leave where I'm at.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Slightly. Moreso because of the populations i work with and being cautious in general. There are precautions I'm expected to take as well, so it's still a concern for me. Regionally, the numbers fluctuate, so that's some reassurance and are on a consistent downward trend

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Not a LOT.... but since guys my age can have the virus and little or no symptoms, I do fear giving it to people I love.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Wondering how people feel now that we've been through all this for a long time. Are you less nervous than before? More nervous? Same?

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I wasn't nervous before and am not nervous now.

As I said would happen, the day my favorite local brewpub opened my wife and I were there, with a table booked to make sure we got in. Two weeks later we were back for another visit, and earlier this week we were at another place we've missed.

I'm still conscious of the potential to pass it to people at higher risk so still defer to them as far as avoiding them and maintaining a safe distance is concerned. With my age and health profile it seems, based on the last time I looked at the CDC web site, that if I contract the virus (which isn't a given) the chance of surviving is something like 99.95%. On that basis I think the risk of death from contracting the virus while going about my normal routine is comparable to the risk of being killed in a car crash while going about my normal routine.

In other words, it's not something I factor into my daily decisions.

Lazy Suesun

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
I'm not nervous about the flu. Rather, I'm nervous as to how it is being politicized to abridge our civil liberties.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My niece told me yesterday that she and her 2 roommates were tested for Covid because her one roommate had relapsed with drugs and alcohol and was vomiting one day and their employer made them get tested. All tests came back negative. BUT their county called saying one of them tested positive and they needed to quarantine even though they all had tested negative. I asked my niece if she saw their test results and she said yes. This is what's happening in our country. The count is NOT accurate. I keep reading about people online with stories about their non-positive relatives being counted as a yes but it's the internet so I don't trust it but when it happens to someone I do trust then I know something is up...whether it's the electronic system that is too difficult to do proper data input, someone is purposely fudging numbers or whatever.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My niece told me yesterday that she and her 2 roommates were tested for Covid because her one roommate had relapsed with drugs and alcohol and was vomiting one day and their employer made them get tested. All tests came back negative. BUT their county called saying one of them tested positive and they needed to quarantine even though they all had tested negative. I asked my niece if she saw their test results and she said yes. This is what's happening in our country. The count is NOT accurate. I keep reading about people online with stories about their non-positive relatives being counted as a yes but it's the internet so I don't trust it but when it happens to someone I do trust then I know something is up...whether it's the electronic system that is too difficult to do proper data input, someone is purposely fudging numbers or whatever.

The whole thing has become so political it's all but useless trying to keep up with what's allegedly happening. Death counts are disputed, case counts are disputed, even bodies like the CDC and WHO can't get their story straight on pretty fundamental issues (you know, like whether wearing a face covering helps, whether asymptomatic transmission happens or not, that kind of thing). The sad thing is that when the story changes, when it seems the story changes to match the narrative of the day, when the daily diktats "based on science" are so full of holes you could drive a truck through them, the powers that be still wonder why people don't listen to them.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Oh look...

"“Countless labs have reported a 100 percent positivity rate, which means every single person tested was positive,” Fox 35 News reported. “Other labs had very high positivity rates.”

Orlando Health, for example, reported a 98 percent positivity rate. Lee Memorial Hospital Lab, PanCare of Florida, Inc and Advance Medical of Naples all reported 100 percent positivity rates; no negative results were included."

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Even positive test results are meaningless without further information. If someone tests positive does that mean they had a bit of a sniffle, were they laid up in bed for three weeks with severe flu-like symptoms, did they need to go to hospital, did they spend time in the ICU, did they die? Without that it's just like being told there was a car accident without knowing whether it was a fender bender that resulted in no injuries and minimal damage or a honking great pile-up on the interstate.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The high numbers in America are false positives.
You know my dad went to Taiwan in the 90s as part of a business trip and they are all practically stacked and packed on top of each other.. guess how many death's they have had due to covid since the pandemic... 7.

My sister works in an old folks hospice home and all deaths are considered Covid related, it's all propaganda folks, to blame the bad orange man.

Top Bottom