Hero from Annecy

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

There's a film in the link.

The hero of Annecy: images show how Henri (24) chased off attacker after stabbing in playground
An armed man stabbed four toddlers at Lake Annecy on Thursday. And there might have been even more, had it not been for 'the man with the backpack'. He managed to drive the attacker away from other potential victims. Henri (24) is now considered a hero in France.

A man armed with a knife attacked several people in a park on the shores of Lake Annecy on Thursday. Six people were injured, including four children. The many videos that have circulated on social media showed that attacker being chased by an unknown man with a backpack and a bag in his hands.

At least once, the assailant turned to face him. Although he failed to take out the attacker, the man managed to pull him away from the playground of a nearby school and other potential victims.

That hero now has a name: Henri, 24 years old. He had embarked on a tour of France past cathedrals. Before the attack, he posted another Facebook story about Lake Annecy. An hour later, he posted another image, this time featuring fire trucks, calling for prayer for the victims.

According to an article in the Catholic newspaper Aleteia, Henri has a degree in philosophy and a master's degree in management. He started his journey on March 27 at the monastery of Barroux and then mainly visited Avignon, Béziers, Marseille, Monaco and Grenoble.

Henri was not the only hero, by the way. Two deputies also tried to eliminate the perpetrator and chased him away from the playground.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I read that the attacker was a Syrian refugee who identifies as a Christian and has no previous mental health issues. Sounds to me like he went whacko. He left his wife and daughter in Sweden and wanted to live in France.

Ammi

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I have a family of Syrian refugees for neighbors. They left a war zone. I've watched their little girls grow up. Their teenage boy tells of bombs and machine guns. The father has held the same job for years, the same company truck pulls into the parking lot around suppertime every weekday like clockwork. Social workers have helped, as well as the community.
They are polite and friendly, and always wave hello. They are Muslim and are some of the best neighbors I've had. I think most people just want to raise their families and be left alone. The youngest girl just had her bike stolen. I think it will be replaced.

Top Bottom