Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Does your church have a fellowship time before or after church where you have coffee and snacks? Or even a meal?

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Does your church have a fellowship time before or after church where you have coffee and snacks? Or even a meal?
Every congregation that I've been part of, except one, has had a "coffee hour" for socializing following the worship service.

As for the question about snacks, I think a few of them did have something like that, but usually it was just coffee and conversation.

Castle Church

Religious Affiliation
Methodist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes, after the service. However, the snacks and coffee are not free, there is a nominal charge. It is a very large congregation, so providing free snacks and beverages would be cost prohibitive. However, they do offer a free dinner at the Wednesday night services since they are much smaller.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Yes.

Yup, it's free.
Yup, it's pretty good
Yup, the great majority of the folks participate.

There's also a lunch together after that at a local restaurant for those who so desire. The place varies each week, but always some inexpensive place (In 'N Out, Jersey Mikes, etc.). Not many participate in this but it happens each week.

Mike

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We have coffee and donuts about an hour before service starts. After church is over a lot of folks from the church stay and we all do lunch together. Every week is something different. Last week we did smash burgers with all the fixings. Tomorrow is breakfast for lunch so we'll have pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs, etc. Always a good time of fellowship for anyone who wants to join.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
We have coffee and donuts about an hour before service starts. After church is over a lot of folks from the church stay and we all do lunch together. Every week is something different. Last week we did smash burgers with all the fixings. Tomorrow is breakfast for lunch so we'll have pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs, etc. Always a good time of fellowship for anyone who wants to join.

That's awesome that your church does that! Do you all live close to the church?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, in between the contemporary service and the traditional onme. About a half hour or so

Mike

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's awesome that your church does that! Do you all live close to the church?

I live in a small town of about 10,000 people. It takes about 7 minutes to drive from one side of our little town to the other so, yes, we're all pretty close.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I live in a small town of about 10,000 people. It takes about 7 minutes to drive from one side of our little town to the other so, yes, we're all pretty close.

That makes it really convenient! I live 35-50 minutes away (depends on if I get behind an Amish buggy), so staying after means a long day for me.

My church started doing a fellowship hour on the 3rd Sunday of the month. Today I'm bringing zucchini bread, homemade roll out cookies and some donut holes.

Mike

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That makes it really convenient! I live 35-50 minutes away (depends on if I get behind an Amish buggy), so staying after means a long day for me.

My church started doing a fellowship hour on the 3rd Sunday of the month. Today I'm bringing zucchini bread, homemade roll out cookies and some donut holes.

That sounds good! I love zucchini bread. We do a big fellowship thing on what is called "Fifth Sunday". So on months that have five Sundays we have a large praise and worship session and a meal. We usually invite other churches and have them also participate in the worship of they have a praise band, or even just someone who sings. That's always a fun time too and I love seeing different denominations get together for fellowship.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That sounds good! I love zucchini bread. We do a big fellowship thing on what is called "Fifth Sunday". So on months that have five Sundays we have a large praise and worship session and a meal. We usually invite other churches and have them also participate in the worship of they have a praise band, or even just someone who sings. That's always a fun time too and I love seeing different denominations get together for fellowship.

Joining in with other denominations is a fun thing!! On Ascension Day, the other churches in the LCMS Synod would join together for a service and fellowship hour either before or afterward. It was something I used to look forward to every year. Where I live now, they don't do that.

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Both. If you come early enough you get coffee.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The main service is Holy Communion, therefore a coffee hour prior to that wouldn't work. But afterwards, it seems like a natural.

Top Bottom