Faith

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Christ Promises to give Faith to Sheep !

Did you know that Christ Himself Promises to give them He died for, His Sheep, Faith to Believe in Him ?

When He says this Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

When He says that other Sheep He has [meaning the Gentiles] and them also He must bring Jn 10:14-16 this He does by bestowing upon them Both Faith and Repentance, bringing them and causing them to believe are the same thing !

Notice He said for a certain that they shall hear His Voice, which is what gives them Faith, for it is written Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Or

In the original the word for word is rhema and means:

a thing spoken, (a) a word or saying of any kind, as command, report, promise, (b) a thing, matter, business.

rhḗma (from 4483 /rhéō, "to speak") – a spoken word, made "by the living voice"

It means also the Living Voice ! and also in the original , the Word God is actually Christos :

Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ.

So Faith cometh by Hearing the Living Voice of Christ, and thats why He says again in Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

He brings them to Faith by causing them to Hear His Voice. In fact is Heb 12:2 the word author as in Heb 12:2

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

That word is made up of the word agō which means, I bring/ lead, bring forth, and its the same word for bring in Jn 10:16

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, G71 and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

So He must lead or bring them to Faith, they shall Hear His Voice, thats how and why He is the author of their Faith.

So in Jn 10:16 Christ ensures that His Sheep He lays down His life for Jn 10:14, that He shall lead and or bring them to Faith, by them hearing His Voice, which is How Faith comes Rom 10:17 !

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
1 Cor 12:3

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Understand, there is not a True Faith in Christ, in His Person and Work, except its the result of the Spirit's Testification of Him in us Jn 15:26

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify[ give evidence]of me:

By which He takes the Spiritual Things of and about Christ and shows/reveals them to us Jn 16:14

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

1 Cor 2:10,14

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerne

The Gospel of Christ must be Spiritually discerned in order to believe it, and in order for that, we must first have been given Spiritual Life by the Spirit ! 17

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Faith and Salvation/Justification !

Faith in regards to Salvation/Justification will serve as an stumblingblock to the non elect, and its not until we are given understanding, we make it a work, a condition that the natural man does in order to get saved and or Justified before God, or to be delivered from the penalty of our sins. However the role of Faith biblically in Justification/Salvation is a declarative one, in that it receives the Truth of God into conscience as it is declared via the Gospel, causing what is declared to be persuasively believed, trusted in regards to their already factual Salvation/Justification accomplished solely by Christ Eph 1:13 ! Until that is understood, it shall remain an stumbling block !

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Faith and Salvation/Justification ! 2

More on what Justification by Faith means, instead of what the false teachers would have us to believe, that its a condition performed by the natural man in order for God to Justify him. That is a lie, yet Justification by Faith is a proper teaching of the scripture, for instance Rom 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Now Faith here can be Christ's Faith or Faithfulness whereby all for whom He died are Justified and have Peace with God by virtue of the fact that His Blood established for them Peace with God. Also Faith here can be that Faith which is the fruit of the Spirit in all the born again ones, wherein this fruit of Faith is the instrumental means whereby God declares to the conscience the fact that Christ by His Blood has Justified one before God, it gives evidence of that fact Heb 11:1 ! God through God given Faith enunciates to the consciences the forgiveness, discharge of our sins and condemnation through the blood of Christ, its a giving of the spiritual knowledge of the forgiveness of ones sins Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

And this knowledge causes the forgiven one to grasp this fact intuitively.

The word knowledge is the greek word gnōsis and means:

I.knowledge signifies in general intelligence, understanding

It means:

1108 gnṓsis (a feminine noun derived from 1097 /ginṓskō, "experientially know") –

So Faith gives us the experiential knowledge of the forgiveness of sins/Justification, and thereby causes us to assent in this coming to know of our being free from guilt, our remission of sins through the blood of Christ alone Eph 1:7 ! By this we become Justified by Faith within our own consciousness, internal knowledge, and by this we find peace through believing !

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Be careful with Faiths role in Salvation !

Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Yes Faith has a prominent role in Salvation, but just not as an condition, but as an evidential blessing that accompanies Salvation, The writer of Hebrews writes of things that accompany Salvation Heb 6:9

But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany[adjoining/attached, parts of] salvation, though we thus speak.

Faith is Part of the totality of the Salvation God saves us with, so it comes also as the Gift of God.

Now that is why Faith in the realm of Salvation is said to be " not of ourselves" it is the Gift of God, NOT of WORKS lest any man should boast, since no part of Salvation is of ourselves, then Faith, which comes with it, is not of ourselves. Now if we believe and teach that Faith is of ourselves, having it by nature, then we must by default to Salvation by works, something we did do of ourselves, which Eph 2:8-9 denies ! So Faith in the role of Salvation is either of ourselves making it a work, or its not of ourselves making it a Gift, worked in us by the power of the holy Spirit at our New Birth/Regeneration, when He saves us in Christ's Name and Salvation Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

So you see, If Faith/belief in the role of Salvation is of ourselves as many teach, then like it or not, that makes it Salvation by ones works and gives the occasion to boast, which boasting is evil James 4:16

16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. 17

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
The Faith of Gods Elect !

All men dont have Faith, but its restricted to Gods Elect. 2 Thess 3:2

2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

This is not speaking of the natural mans faith in natural things that pertain naturally to this life, that faith has absolutely nothing to do with God and or the Things of God, the Truth/Truths of God, or Spiritual Things. The Faith that all men dont have is that Faith which is a fruit and gift of Gods Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

given in New Birth or when one is born of the Spirit opposed to being born only of the flesh Jn 3:6-8

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

When we have Spirit produced Faith, its the Faith of Gods Elect Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

This Faith acknowledges the Truth of God in Gospel Obedience. One has to be of Gods Elect in order to receive Faith, or Election leads to Faith, for instance, Peter writes to Gods Elect this 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Obedience here is synonymous to Faith, because Faith in Spiritual matters involves Obedience, its a trait of the Seed of Abraham, the Father of this Faith Heb 11:8

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Believing the Gospel is also called obedience of Faith Rom 1:5

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Rom 16:26

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

This Obedience / Faith is the result of the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit from New Birth.

Again, that Election results in Faith is seen in 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Belief of the Truth here, which is Faith, is the same as obedience in 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit,unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Now all men dont have this Faith/obedience, its given to Gods Elect in order for them to obey the Truth. 17

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Faith is a Saviours Gift !

Christ gives those He died for Faith as an evidence that He is their Saviour. In Fact, His death for them entitles and allots them Faith 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

In other words, those He is a Saviour unto will obtain a precious Faith from Him, through/in the Righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

All for whom He died are by that made Righteous Rom 5:19, which Righteousness entitles them to the Gift of Faith, being made Righteous constitutes Christ as ones Saviour, for Christ cant be Our Saviour if He did not make us Righteous/Just, and the Promise of scripture is that the Just/Righteous shall live by Faith Rom 1:17.

The Imputed Righteousness we receive from Christ being made sin for us 2 Cor 5:21, has along with it the allotment of Faith 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 18

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Faith is the result of Election !

All whom God has chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4, have been chosen to Salvation in time which consists in Two things, #1 Sanctification of the Spirit and #2 belief of the Truth/Faith 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Belief of the Truth here is Faith, its one of the rare times when the word belief is the greek word noun pistis which is translated in the NT Faith (239x).

This Salvation/Sanctification was the end of Christ in dying Eph 5:25-26

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

This is what Christ meant here Jn 17:17-19

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

All whom had been elected, shall come to the belief of the Truth, or Christ's death failed its Eternal Purpose in God !

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Christ is responsible to bring us to Faith !

Jn 10:15-16

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

His Sheep are those He laid down His Life for, and He says of them " I must bring" !

So based upon this necessity, they SHALL hear His Voice, and follow Him Jn 10:27

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Notice again Vs 16, He says He MUST Bring ! That word Must is the greek word dei which means:

I.it is necessary, there is need of, it behooves, is right and proper

A.necessity lying in the nature of the case

B.necessity brought on by circumstances or by the conduct of others toward us.

C.necessity in reference to what is required to attain some end

D.a necessity of law and command, of duty, equity

E.necessity established by the counsel and decree of God, especially by that purpose of his which relates to the salvation of men by the intervention of Christ and which is disclosed in the Old Testament prophecies

It is Christ's duty, requirement unto His Father to Bring all the Sheep He died for unto Faith, which is what Bring means.

The word bring ago means:

I.to lead, take with one

A.to lead by laying hold of, and this way to bring to the point of destination: of an animal

Its what He does from Jn 10:3

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

They hear His voice and He leads them out, which word lead is two greek words exagō the words ek which means:

I.out of, from, by, away from

And the word ago which again means:

I.to lead, take with one

A.to lead by laying hold of, and this way to bring to the point of destination: of an animal

So Christ is primarily responsible for leading those He died for into Faith, into hearing His Voice and following Him !

If one He died for does not come to believe on Him and follow Him, its His fault, He did not handle His responsibility with God !

So those of you who say Christ died for some who never come to Faith in Him and following Him, You teach that Christ failed His responsibility which is ridiculous and blasphemous !

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Faith is a Covenant Promise !

Heb 8:11

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

This means they all shall be given Faith to Believe in the True God and Jesus Christ Jn 17:3

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus here was speaking according to that Covenant Promise made in Heb 8:11 !

Jesus says of His Covenant People Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Jesus promised that His Sheep shall hear / know His voice Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

You see, the knowing and hearing are the same, and faith cometh by hearing, and the knowing is promised in the Covenant. Heb 8:10-11

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Faith is obtained through Christ being our Saviour !

2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

If Christ is Our Saviour, we shall obtain precious Faith through Him, or by means of Him.

Every person Christ died for and is their Saviour, obtain a allotment of Faith. The word obtained is the greek word lagchanó and means:

I obtain (receive) by lot, my lot (turn) is, (b) I draw lots.

to receive by divine allotment, obtain

To allot something means to measure out , to assign to. Its the same as when Paul wrote to them in Rome whose Faith was heard of abroad Rom 1:8

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

This Faith had been measured out or alloted out to every one of them Rom 12:3

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

That word dealt actually means alloted. Its the greek word merizó
and means:

I divide into parts, divide, part, share, distribute; mid: I share, take part in a partitioning; I distract.

lot, destiny, assigned to one,

Each member of Christ is dealt a measure of Faith. The word measure metron means:

determined extent, portion measured off, measure or limit

naturally men dont have this faith, thats why Paul cautions the believers not to think highly of themselves Rom 12:3

3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Remember he had cautioned them previously in Rom 11:20

[h=1]20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:[/h]See Faith in the things of God is not of ourselves, but its the Gift/allotment of God Eph 2:8 !

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift [allotment] of God:

Faith is obtained, received in the fact that Christ is Our Saviour !

Jesus Christ would be less than a Saviour if those He saves doesnt receive their allotted portion of Faith ! 2 Pet 1:1

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Faith is a Covenant Promise ! 2

That Faith is an covenant blessing resulting from the covenantal death of Christ , and which He is the Mediator of, is seen again here Heb 8:6-10

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he[ Christ Jesus]] is the mediator[1 Tim 2:5] of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

For when God puts His Laws into the Mind, He puts Faith in it, the Law of Faith Rom 3:27

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

This Law is instilled by the Spirit in the New Birth, another Covenant Blessing resulting from the death of Christ Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This is to cause them to walk in Faith ! 20

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Believed because ordained to eternal life !

Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Believing the Gospel, the word of the Lord is indicative of having been ordained to eternal life before time, when it was promised Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

So Jesus makes this profound statement Jn 6:47

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Those coming to believe on Him in time, have eternal life , it had been promised them before time in Him and so they had been ordained to it! 20

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Can one Christ died for die in unbelief ?

The answer to this question is NO, its not even possible. You see, all for whom Christ lived and died for, He did it as their Surety representative, and so when He Lived for them, obeying Gods Law in their behalf and stead, He did it in Faith, as it is written Heb 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Now, did Christ when He Lived as their Surety upon the earth please God with Faith ? The answer is yes Jn 8:29

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

He is the author of our faith Heb 12:2

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jesus lived by Faith as our Surety, hence all for whom He Lived for have already in Him lived a life of faith which is pleasing to God. That being the case, its not even possible for anyone He was Surety for not to live by Faith.

That would contradict His Suretyship Life of Faith for them. Its no more possible for one whom Christ died to not live by faith, as it was not possible for one Adam represented to not live as a unbeliever !

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Taught of God to believe in Christ !

To believe on Christ for Salvation is something man naturally cant do, hence Jesus says Jn 6:44

44 No man [naturally or by nature] can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So Jesus goes on to say:

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

To prepare a sinner to believe in, rest in Christ for all of salvation, God teaches them out of His Law

Ps 94:12

Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord, and teachest him out of thy law;

God causes the Law to be their schoolmaster unto the Faith in Christ Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Faith in Christ for Salvation is divinely orchestrated, arranged , and managed.

The Holy Spirit applies spiritually the law to the apiritually awakened sinner that they should know the reality of sin , as Paul wrote Rom 7:7-9,14

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Back in Vs 7 Paul says that he would not have known sin but by the law, meaning he had to be taught of God into a spiritual realization of his sinfulness,

And all the children of God are taught this, its their chastening Ps 94:12 which is a proof of sonship Heb 12:6-8

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

The end of this chastening is faith in Christ. Thats who Jesus is speaking of in Jn 6:44-45 the children of God, drawing from a prophesy in Isa 54:13

And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. 20

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Faith is a work/deed of the law !

Not only does Jesus intimate this truth that Faith is a work/deed of the Law Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Who can miss that Faith here is one of the weightier matters of the law that ought to have been done !

Now another passage of scripture that intimates the same truth that Faith is a law deed is James 1:25

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

The perfect law of liberty is the Gospel, it presents Christ as the liberator , hence Jesus says Jn 8:36

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.. The word free here is the greek word eleutheros and means :

at liberty 1 Cor 7:39

The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty G1658 to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

Its the same Liberty Paul speaks of here also Gal 5:1

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

And so the Gospel of Peace through Jesus Christ is that Law of Liberty James 1:25

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Looking here is an act of Faith, and its a doing of a work, a deed .

Now if ones says they are Justified before God because of their act of Faith, they are claiming to be Justified by the deeds of the law, which is contrary to scripture, which reads Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Faith is a deed of the Law Matt 23:23 !

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Faith is a work/deed of the law !2

What is the work in Vs 25 James 1:25

The work is Faith ! If refers back to the looking into the perfect law of liberty which is the Gospel which sets forth the work of Christ. 20

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Faith is a work/deed of the law !3

Faith is that deed written of in James 1:25

This proves that Faith is a deed of the Law. Its a Spiritual deed however, because the Law is spiritual Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The carnal man cannot work the deed of Faith, its Spiritual, so its a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 21

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Those for whom Christ died, or was delivered up for, namely His Elect, Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

With Him, He freely gives them all things, one of those things being Faith, or to believe on Him as per Phil 1:29
29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Now the word give in Rom 8:32 and given in Phil 1:29 are the same greek word:
Charizoma, and means to bestow.

God graciously bestows faith, or the gift of believing upon all Christ was delivered up for.

brightfame52

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Faith is a Covenant Blessing !

Faith is one of the laws that God in the New Covenant promised to write in the hearts of His Elect People, for instance Jer 31:31-33

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Which law includes the law of Faith Rom 3:27

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Faith is the Covenant Gift of God Eph 2:8-9 22

Top Bottom