Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

A Roman Catholic archbishop performed an exorcism in Northern California on Saturday morning at the site where racial injustice protesters toppled a statue of 18th-century Spanish missionary Junipero Serra days earlier.

Unlike in movies, real exorcisms are often solemn church rituals like Saturday’s, which was intended to drive out evil and defend Serra’s reputation.

Do you think that evil will persist in that area now that the exorcism has been performed?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think the better question based on the link you shared is why are kids growing up not understanding history and vandalizing statutes of LIncoln and Roosevelt. It shows just how much our public schools aren't teaching very well

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think the better question based on the link you shared is why are kids growing up not understanding history and vandalizing statutes of LIncoln and Roosevelt. It shows just how much our public schools aren't teaching very well

I'm not so sure it's the schools completely. Kids don't always retain what they're taught. I know kids I went to high school with who still confuse there, their and they're and I was in class with them the numerous times our English teachers taught us the difference. Yet, they persist in using the wrong ones on Facebook. There are more examples than that but that one stands out the most.

I think it's also timing as to when the kids are taught. If we're taught too much when we're too young we lose some of it. What else are they learning at the same time that might cause their brains to linger on the other subject instead?

Plus, now people are making claims against history and people are wanting to believe those claims. Even history isn't trusted anymore.

Maybe what we need to teach is that there is a process to go through to get things removed by law. People just don't care anymore or respect our country and its laws.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Maybe what we need to teach is that there is a process to go through to get things removed by law. People just don't care anymore or respect our country and its laws.

The trouble is that sometimes the courts get it wrong (because obviously I'm right all the time) so we need to be able to take direct action when the courts do get it wrong.

What would be really nice would be if we could get rid of this silly "cancel culture" once and for all. As the slogan says, "Make Orwell fiction again". I wonder how many of the protestors out there even know who Orwell was.

Top Bottom