Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
You’ve probably gotten your flu shot, the latest COVID jab and maybe the shingles vaccine. But, there’s another shot that you should add to your health to-do list if you’re over 65: the pneumococcal vaccine.

The pneumococcal vaccine targets pneumococcal disease, a bacteria-causing infection that can lead to several different conditions, from sinusitis to meningitis. Older adults are at a high risk of serious illness and even death from the disease, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Full article

Anyone here going to get this vaccine? (Why/Why Not)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My husband's doctor convinced him he needed it because of his asthma and the insurance company got charged over $1,200 for the shot.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm not over 65 so perhaps this is of limited use but, for what it's worth, I haven't taken the COVID vaccine or the flu vaccine or the shingles vaccine. I probably won't take this latest one either.

I've been vaccinated against a whole load of other stuff - the usual childhood things and tetanus boosters as needed, but don't feel the need to shoot up with vaccines that always seem a bit hit-and-miss.

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I took it a long time ago. I got pneumonia twice in a year's time. Went with it then.

Top Bottom