Coronavirus Injection?

EZWarren

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I am really scared of this Coronavirus "Injection" to cure anyone from Coronavirus, by taking that needle, wouldn't that be implementing the Coronavirus in you anyway?
I feel the injection is like the Swine Flu Treatment when you get that injected it gives you the Swine flu to stop you from the worse virus of the Swine Flu.
However, the Coronavirus is deadlier to some extent and couldn't this treatment cause you more pain, then you not getting the injection done.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I am really scared of this Coronavirus "Injection" to cure anyone from Coronavirus, by taking that needle, wouldn't that be implementing the Coronavirus in you anyway?
I feel the injection is like the Swine Flu Treatment when you get that injected it gives you the Swine flu to stop you from the worse virus of the Swine Flu.
However, the Coronavirus is deadlier to some extent and couldn't this treatment cause you more pain, then you not getting the injection done.
I haven't been keeping up with it to be honest, do you have an article handy?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Are you talking about a vaccine that they'll have in the future?

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
the only clinical trial I have heard of is an antiviral medication they are testing. I haven't heard of a shot

EZWarren

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I haven't been keeping up with it to be honest, do you have an article handy?
No article I am sorry, but usually injections contain the symptom you trying to avoid getting into your system hence the question I was asking.

EZWarren

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Are you talking about a vaccine that they'll have in the future?
Apparently I got told that the vaccine will contain symptoms of the Coronavirus, just like the flu shot.

EZWarren

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
the only clinical trial I have heard of is an antiviral medication they are testing. I haven't heard of a shot
May be the person that told me the information may have gotten it wrong, but either way, I am refusing getting the shot as I am a scared to even have it.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Apparently I got told that the vaccine will contain symptoms of the Coronavirus, just like the flu shot.

A vaccine can't contain symptoms - symptoms are what you experience when you have a disease.

A vaccine is about getting your body's immune system to recognise and destroy a pathogen. Until the body encounters a new pathogen it can't prepare an immune response, so the vaccine introduces the pathogen in a weakened form to allow the body to encounter it and learn to defend against it. It has to be in a weakened form because otherwise you'd contract the full-blown illness, which would rather defeat the purpose.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
A vaccine can't contain symptoms - symptoms are what you experience when you have a disease.

A vaccine is about getting your body's immune system to recognise and destroy a pathogen. Until the body encounters a new pathogen it can't prepare an immune response, so the vaccine introduces the pathogen in a weakened form to allow the body to encounter it and learn to defend against it. It has to be in a weakened form because otherwise you'd contract the full-blown illness, which would rather defeat the purpose.

I think what he might be afraid of is that there are people who get the flu shot and then come down with flu-like symptoms soon after. I have lots of friends who go through that every year when they get the shot!

EZWarren

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Sorry that was my mistake. My bad. You're right I meant pathogen, shouldn't type when I am tired huh?

EZWarren

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I think what he might be afraid of is that there are people who get the flu shot and then come down with flu-like symptoms soon after. I have lots of friends who go through that every year when they get the shot!
That's exactly what I meant.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sorry that was my mistake. My bad. You're right I meant pathogen, shouldn't type when I am tired huh?

OK, that makes more sense now. I was trying to figure out what you meant and couldn't be sure, and wasn't sure if it was an issue like this or if you'd heard the kind of thing online that sounds impressive but makes no sense at all :)

I remember a few years ago I read someone saying how gold used to be $1/oz (not true) and that if you paid for your house with gold you never had to pay property taxes (also not true).

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That's exactly what I meant.

The theory is that even if you do come down with symptoms much like the illness you're being vaccinated against it will be milder than the full-blown disease. Of course with a new vaccine it's worth considering how well it has been tested, particularly for people who are immune-suppressed or compromised for some reason.

EZWarren

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The theory is that even if you do come down with symptoms much like the illness you're being vaccinated against it will be milder than the full-blown disease. Of course with a new vaccine it's worth considering how well it has been tested, particularly for people who are immune-suppressed or compromised for some reason.
Unfortunately for me I believe I have a weak immune system so I could Potentially get this Virus mild or not. So that’s the crazy situation that I am in.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Unfortunately for me I believe I have a weak immune system so I could Potentially get this Virus mild or not. So that’s the crazy situation that I am in.

It may be (I'm not a doctor, so talk to someone medically qualified if/when it matters) that with a weakened immune system you'd be better off not having the vaccine. Usually there are groups of people better off not having a vaccine - the idea is that if enough people have it a disease can't get a foothold so it's more easily contained - the idea of herd immunity just means that a critical mass of people are immune rather than everyone is immune.

Top Bottom