Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Unlike Betty Crocker and so many other mythical good cooks, Aunt Jemima was a real person. One now being removed from history.

Known around the world as "Aunt Jemima," her real name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story and an early civil rights leader.

She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY... and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark.

A very strong Christian, Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix and served thousands of pancakes... and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving.

Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and became quite wealth; a true success story. Her wealth and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and civil rights leader (one of the first female leaders in that movement). She died in 1923, at age 89.

Nancy Green was a remarkable woman... and has just been ERASED by liberal White businessmen.

Last edited:

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Can't have people getting ideas above their station, right?

NerdGirl123

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Yes
This is stupidity of the highest degree. I suppose Uncle Ben and the Quaker Oat man will be next. Erase the past so you can mold the mush-brained masses into new beliefs. Maybe I should write a blog about how TRIGGERED I get when I walk past the canned vegetable aisle, because the Green Giant man is half-naked and I'm traumatized by it.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm really tired of all the people offended by everything. It offends me ;)

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
Apparently "Uncle Ben" IS next. How about "Cousin Vinny" as a rebrand? Everyone loves Joe Pesci...

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Big business will cater to their target audience. I doubt that they are changing their advertisement, logos, and spokespeople because they have some sort of social conscious. Big business can’t be blamed, they are trying to make as much money as they can. That is what they do.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Sadly the people who shout and cry the loudest are the ones who get businesses to change, while the silent majority pretty much ignores most of it. I wonder when the silent majority will decide enough is enough and start boycotts of their own.

Of course for as long as companies are bowing down to the silliest, most woke fringes of the loony left the chances are they'll just brush off boycotts from people tired of the silliness and make a big show of how they are happy to lose customers who aren't woke. That is, until it starts to hit the bottom line.

Maybe a new era of support for small business is looming, as people get increasingly sick of the posturing by big business.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
image001_3.jpg

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I am also tired of it and I guess the best way to protest it is to not buy it and make sure they know why

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I believe this all be simple marketing scams to draw attention to their companies by sucking up to BLM and appearing to be righteously supportive.. riding the trend.

I honestly refuse to believe that actual individuals are this upset over breakfast ingredients..
YouTube, Facebook, Amazon, Twitter are constantly pushing BLM support.. these are companies imposing believes unto a frightened market..

Criminals are every where even in the police force, it would be wise to add extra funding to proper training and reform in the Police force and not defunding it... emotions create horrible decisions... both Police and the Public are emotionally charged so we need to upgrade law enforcement to maintain stability in the communities by adapting to more practical methods of policing the public.. Self defence training, community reach out, protection for good cops reporting bad cops etc...

The condiment censorship is an emotional peer pressure marketing chain reaction that literally effects me not one bit

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I read an article that quoted (I think) Aunt Jemima's great grandson and he had nothing positive to say about this move. His comments were along the lines of the companies making a lot of money from the likeness of a black woman, giving very little to her family, and now airbrushing it all away and pretending it never happened.

vince284

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I can’t say that this all bothers me much. My reactions to marketing are mild and quick. I really am not persuaded to buy or not buy by the schemes put in front of consumers. Whether it’s Peloton, Nike, safe catch tuna or the Frito Bandito, I’m going to consume what I like. However, I will draw the line when businesses begin to put their cash where their mouth is at the moment and start to lobby and give money to fringe groups and actually support public endeavors that are in MY opinion wrong.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I can’t say that this all bothers me much. My reactions to marketing are mild and quick. I really am not persuaded to buy or not buy by the schemes put in front of consumers. Whether it’s Peloton, Nike, safe catch tuna or the Frito Bandito, I’m going to consume what I like. However, I will draw the line when businesses begin to put their cash where their mouth is at the moment and start to lobby and give money to fringe groups and actually support public endeavors that are in MY opinion wrong.

For the most part I'm inclined to agree. Companies rebrand all the time, they change their marketing, their logos, their packaging, to stay current. Had figures like this been replaced as part of a larger rebranding exercise at a time that people weren't claiming everything in sight was racist the chances are it would have gone largely unnoticed. But when companies are constantly posturing to highlight the great contributions made by (community in focus today) while not actually doing anything beyond posturing and maybe making a token donation so they can crow about how much they care (because, you know, a few million donated dollars costs that multibillion dollar company dearly) it's just sickening.

Only yesterday I used an app on my phone that's all about craft beer. Up popped a screen saying it was Pride Month and making a big thing about the contributions made by the QUILTBAG community to craft beer. You know, like.... well, they didn't actually name anything because, obviously. It's enough to just list the community and say how much they are appreciated. Next time "LGBTQIA" gets removed and "black" or "Asian" or "people with three arms" gets added. It's all so many words.

Even the tech giants are brazenly hypocritical about it. I read that Facebook, that mighty behemoth where racial posturing is concerned, has a workforce that's less than 5% black. When you look at the highest paid technical jobs that drops to more like 2%. I know there are very competent black engineers out there - I've worked with a few of them myself - so it's hard to imagine that Farcebook can't find a few more of them willing to work for a generous salary, especially in bigger cities. Maybe they don't really care, and figure they'll just posture, delete a few posts that "violate their (double) standards" and endlessly say how important racial equality is to them from the comfort of their overwhelmingly white offices.

Lazy Suesun

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No
Big business will cater to their target audience. I doubt that they are changing their advertisement, logos, and spokespeople because they have some sort of social conscious. Big business can’t be blamed, they are trying to make as much money as they can. That is what they do.
All about the money. Those who insist on erasure of Aunt Jemima don't know her history or they'd have never made the first peep.
It's about concession! And re-writing history. What is the new movement out there called? The Erasure Movement? I think that's it.
Think about that. Activist undertaking to erase anything that is deemed offensive. It's like a cross between Marxism and Orwell's , 1984.
Taylor Swift is squawking now against the 2020 Census claiming didn't consider people who believe there are more genders than just the normal 2.
Oops, did I say, normal?
Are those torches on the horizon fast approaching? What? A knock on my door....

Top Bottom