Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Schools now teach kids to use "older adult," but not "senior" or "elderly" as an effort towards anti-ageism.

If you are a senior, do you prefer to be called an older adult?

Ammi

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Of course I'm a senior....vintage, borderline ancient! Where do they get these teachers from anyway? Older adult sounds like it's trying to avoid reality. Schools also teach pedophilia and genital mutilation! STUPID-19 is raging out of control! But that's just how I see it. Sheesh!

Faith

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Schools now teach kids to use "older adult," but not "senior" or "elderly" as an effort towards anti-ageism.

If you are a senior, do you prefer to be called an older adult?
I’m 62 so I don’t know if I’m a senior yet or not but I’d prefer older adult to senior or elderly

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Theist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I support the eradication of ageism from society, but somehow "older adult" sounds more degrading to me than "senior". "Senior" has a certain prestige to it, but "older adult" just seems to point out that you're older, which is exactly the fact that ageism should be fighting against.

Ammi

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
The truth be known, I'm too young to be old!

Messy

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
We had some comedians who called themselves the older youngsters.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
I am an "elder" but am not "elderly". Elderly makes it sound like I am permanently bent over with an irreversible hunch, walker or cane, deep wrinkles, dull gray-purplish hair pulled into a messy low bun, no teeth, and need full-time, 24-hour care.

And I've lived a long time to earn the 10% discount once a month at Value Village and eat off the senior's menu at the local greasy spoon.

I am not technically a senior yet, but I really am senior to all those young juniors running around. Tbh, I'd rather they just simply call me Ms (last name) rather than senior, elderly, older person, etc. When speaking of us as a group, they can refer to (me) as an elder along with all my friends who are also elders.

Top Bottom