Jazzy

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Not sure what qualifies Clayton Morris to make such assumptions.

Here is an excerpt from Psychology Today:
Despite the co-occurrence of SSRI use and some mass shootings, experts discount a causal role for SSRIs (Hudnall, 2023; Shoaib, 2023). When people claim a connection, there can sometimes be psychological or political motivations behind it. The best and probably most frustrating advice for how to handle a mass shooting is not to jump to conclusions about the cause.

We all know what happens when we make assumptions, right?

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
The part on SSRI's (anti-depressants) begins at the 38minute mark. So anyone interested can decide for themselves based on the information provided whether it's convincing or not.

As an aside, I don't personally put much credence into major corporate publications like "Psychology Today", as it is more likely than not funded or affiliated with the same companies that push pharmaceuticals.

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

" The FDA admitted in 2007 that SSRIs can cause madness at all ages and that the drugs are very dangerous; otherwise daily monitoring wouldn’t be needed: “Families and caregivers of patients should be advised to look for the emergence of such symptoms on a day-to-day basis, since changes may be abrupt” ... “All patients being treated with antidepressants for any indication should be monitored appropriately and observed closely for clinical worsening, suicidality, and unusual changes in behavior, especially during the initial few months of a course of drug therapy, or at times of dose changes, either increases or decreases. The following symptoms, anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, impulsivity, akathisia (psychomotor restlessness), hypomania, and mania, have been reported in adult and pediatric patients being treated with antidepressants” (1).

(1) Antidepressant Use in Children, Adolescents, and Adults

One can search the text in the links provided by the reference to find this.

Messy3

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Yes I know. I looked that up years ago. I tried to commit suicide when a psychiater put me on prozac. I called him and warned him, but he didn't believe me and doubled the dose. Next day I was at the water side with an overdose.
Then I got oxazepam to keep me calm, but that stuff is addictive. An ex was on marijuana. I said: Why don't you stop? He said: What's the difference? I take 6 joints a day. You take 8 oxazepam a day. They sell that on the black market too and it's made of opium. I was shocked. Then I saw Hal Lindsey who preached on pharmakeia, the Babylon whore who sold her witchcraft stuff to everyone, sorry too lazy to look up the text, and then I was like: Aaaaaah! and threw it all away and quit at once.

Last edited:

Messy3

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
There was a guy on christian forums years ago who asked for help and there it was forbidden to say meds or psychiatrists were not good. It could get you a ban. But he got new antidepressants and he got these thoughts of cutting himself with a razor and killing himself, so I said here's a good video from a man who prays for healing. Watch that and throw those meds away. He did and it worked and he said thanks and then I got a warning and had to remove it, but he had already seen it anyway.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The black box warnings that come with some of the psychotropic drugs should be cause for alarm in and of itself. When possible side effects include "suicidal and homicidal ideation" I wouldn't want to be taking that sort of drug unless it was absolutely essential.

I read a study a couple of years ago that indicated something like 60% of people taking antidepressants gain no benefit over and above the placebo effect, yet suffer the potential for side-effects. I'm not sure what the DSM is saying as at right now but for a time if you were showing signs of depression because you had been bereaved in the previous week or so you were considered a candidate for antidepressants (a previous version gave a "grace period" for grieving, which was subsequently removed)

Top Bottom